ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick video Return to archive
29th March 2008 04:19 AM
Gimme Shelter Mick Jagger: Two Minutes on MySpace

[Edited by Gimme Shelter]
29th March 2008 09:01 AM
fireontheplatter thank you for posting that
29th March 2008 12:02 PM
Sioux "I don't remember it so long ago..." ---Mick talking about trying to acquire new music in the 60's {not in the mainstream}. Do you think he really doesn't remember the 60's well? I just have my doubts about that....maybe he just is such a "live in the present" guy that he's pushed back a lot of memories of those early days...? I just don't know...
29th March 2008 12:29 PM
Mr.D

i think the stones have a hard time winning over the fans that look at them as 60 yr olds instead of the originators of some of the greatest music ever u'no, and i think esp jagger - maybe because of vanity - tries to play it down so ppl consider him as a youth minded person, its the typical thing like young guys are always in the moment thats all they care about, i know being a young guy myself, lol, but i think they try to portray themselves as young so they can get younger ppl to like them
29th March 2008 12:38 PM
mrhipfl If they'd really want to get a younger audience all they have to do is lower the ticket prices, and maybe get on MTV somehow.
29th March 2008 12:43 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
If they'd really want to get a younger audience all they have to do is lower the ticket prices, and maybe get on MTV somehow.

i'd be down with an unplugged thingy for an hour or so.
i think thats a great idea.
29th March 2008 12:59 PM
mmdog
quote:
Sioux wrote:
"I don't remember it so long ago..." ---Mick talking about trying to acquire new music in the 60's {not in the mainstream}. Do you think he really doesn't remember the 60's well? I just have my doubts about that....maybe he just is such a "live in the present" guy that he's pushed back a lot of memories of those early days...? I just don't know...

I think you guys are reading way too far into that. I just think he's making a self depreaciating crack about his age.
29th March 2008 01:19 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
mmdog wrote:
I think you guys are reading way too far into that. I just think he's making a self depreaciating crack about his age.

It's just his DID, kicking in. No biggie.
31st March 2008 09:24 PM
The jinn, my friend. Let's listen to the roaring silent response one more time!

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
31st March 2008 11:47 PM
Sioux
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Yeah maybe...but I know he's said that he just wants to go forward--not think back. I'm not like that at all, but I guess I can understand it with him. He did also say something about not letting himself think about the past too much or "I will just get lost in the welter of nostalgia". So, maybe he knows that if he allowed himself to think back too much, he would dwell on it too much..?

Ok, so, maybe I'm reading way too much into his statements...

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)