ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES PLANNING 23RD ALBUM !!! Return to archive
28th March 2008 05:04 PM
bootcover STONES PLANNING 23RD ALBUM

THE ROLLING STONES are planning to head back to the studio later this year (08) to begin recording their 23rd studio album. The energetic sixtysomething rockers recently ended their two-year A Bigger Bang world tour - in support of 2005's album of the same name - and are currently promoting Martin Scorsese's movie documentary about them, Shine A Light. But as soon as they get a break, Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will sit down and write new tracks. Guitarist Richards reveals, "I think we might make another album. Once we get over doing promotion on this film." And he insists the fact they have been rocking non-stop for more than 40 years, and are all aged between 60 and 66, isn't enough to stop them in their tracks. Crediting their unusual lifestyle for their longevity, he adds, "We love what we do, simple as that. We were the whipping hounds, you know, but that's calmed down. Now we're the wrinkled rockers, right? But I still have the energy. I put that down to not eating a lot. And drinking a lot. Not eating a lot, and good weed. Honestly I'd do this job even if I were in a wheelchair." Drummer Charlie Watts is particularly keen to keep working, claiming he gets ill whenever he stops: "I think we should carry on. It seems that whenever we stop I get ill. The last time we had a break I got throat cancer. I do all my exercises, I don't smoke, and I don't drink, yet I'm the one in the band that got it."

28/03/2008

Bron:

28th March 2008 05:07 PM
glencar Old news...
28th March 2008 05:27 PM
Gazza Good old Contactmusic and their cut and paste interpretations of someone else's interviews...

Problem is :

But as soon as they get a break, Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will sit down and write new tracks. Guitarist Richards reveals, "I think we might make another album. Once we get over doing promotion on this film."

Keith saying 'we might make another album' doesnt mean "Mick and Keith will sit down and write new tracks'.

It's pretty meaningless at this point unless Mick is saying it, unfortunately...

..and in Mick and Keith's interviews conducted the same week for Uncut, they both clearly state that there's no immediate plans to do anything.
28th March 2008 05:36 PM
Mr.D

yeh, old news, but also expected news, of course the stones are gonna do another album, its the only permutation they have nowadays, the do a decent album and tour it and make millions
28th March 2008 05:38 PM
fireontheplatter when i read stuff like that i get excited and think its going to happen next week.

i think they will do another cd soon enough. i just hope they can bust out some familuar sounds from back in their early days. i'm not dissing the bigger bang sound..i like some of the songs on it. if they could find an inbetween...that would be cool.
give me a little mis mash.
28th March 2008 05:40 PM
glencar I'd say a new album is less than 50% likely, at least this year.
28th March 2008 05:45 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd say a new album is less than 50% likely, at least this year.

I'd say , " SELL CORN ! "

28th March 2008 05:48 PM
glencar You husker you...
28th March 2008 05:48 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You husker you...

28th March 2008 05:49 PM
glencar Joey, this time next week I'll be in NYC at the premiere of Shine A Light. How about you? Socks day?
28th March 2008 06:18 PM
Gazza here's the Sunday Times interview in question from 23rd March

http://novogate.com/board/968/241887-1.html
28th March 2008 06:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Christ Blue .......

Why couldn't you have waited just five more minutes until ' PUB TIME !!! '

**** BYE BYE KIDS !!! ****

****** BYE BONS !!!! *******

www.BrazenHeadPub.com

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

How could I use those gerbils after they've been through you??? That's the very definition of unsafe sex!
28th March 2008 06:24 PM
glencar BTW This thread is thoroughly believed at a certain other gullible site...
28th March 2008 06:28 PM
andrews27 As Freud noted cryptically, 23 is a bad-luck number for men. Didn't do much for Jim Carrey, right?

This link should provide some good Stones-menopause wisecracks. Maybe even some Joey posts:

http://skepdic.com/biorhyth.html

[Edited by andrews27]
28th March 2008 06:29 PM
open-g And lets not forget - Ronnie is also planning to record a 70's covers album with loads of artists, plus get those guests on stage.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7313000/7313426.stm
http://www.gigwise.com/news?contentid=41851

It's good to read plans about 'em working and not listening to the grass to grow...
but first of all the promo for SAL has to be finished.
30th March 2008 03:29 AM
marko In the studio,end of this year,cd comes out summer 2009,tour starts after,the usual style.So,see you all there!
30th March 2008 06:03 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Good old Contactmusic and their cut and paste interpretations of someone else's interviews...

Problem is :

But as soon as they get a break, Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will sit down and write new tracks. Guitarist Richards reveals, "I think we might make another album. Once we get over doing promotion on this film."

Keith saying 'we might make another album' doesnt mean "Mick and Keith will sit down and write new tracks'.

It's pretty meaningless at this point unless Mick is saying it, unfortunately...

..and in Mick and Keith's interviews conducted the same week for Uncut, they both clearly state that there's no immediate plans to do anything.

I still do not know why you remain so very pessimistic Mr. Gazza regarding The Stones future recording or touring plans?

I am sure they do plan on it and are not in any way shunning the idea.

Sure, 10,000 ideas have been tossed around by our boys over the past and have never come to fruition, but this is more of the same as in the lines of Rolling Stones "business as usual". They do not seem reluctant in saying they will tour or record again. In fact, they seem rather open to this and seem to have already spoke of it to each-other.

I think they definitely plan on it. I do not think a specific date or a producer is set in stone or chosen just yet, or even a location in which they will actually start this process but there is much indication that they do plan on getting things rolling to this after the Shine A Light promotion has stopped.

Why do you seem so un-open to this notion and why am I getting deja vu again here?

Ian

30th March 2008 11:30 AM
Gazza Jesus..here we go again. Round and round in circles.

as Ive said every time this thread gets rehashed, and I've even mentioned it in the post above yours, your optimism doesnt exactly square with an interview with BOTH Mick and Keith done at the same time for UNCUT as this one where they BOTH say theyve no immediate plans.

Keith saying "we might make a new album" is pretty irrelevant unless Mick - who writes most of the bloody songs and who basically runs the Stones these days anyway - is saying it. Its as irrelevant as Ronnie Wood saying theyre going to make a new album every 18 months or so, which I remember him saying about 3 years ago.

But hey, if you want to selectively cherrypick a rehashed quote from Keith, ignore every other quote he and Mick have said in recent weeks and still believe the Stones will have a new record out in the next few months, good for you.

And I wasnt being pessimistic. I think they'll make another record - but I doubt it'll have been released by this time next year. As for being pessimistic about their touring plans - where did I say that? Until about a month ago, I was optimistic they'd even tour in 2008 for goodness sake.
[Edited by Gazza]
30th March 2008 03:04 PM
Bloozehound I honestly have zero interest in hearing the another boring Rolling Stones album, they've got nothing left to say imo
30th March 2008 03:49 PM
Sioux I imagine they will continue to write, record, and tour {to some extent} until the end of time, as that is the only life they know!!
30th March 2008 03:55 PM
noteareyedhoney Amen. The boys will rock on , maybe we will see a tour to promote this new baby!
30th March 2008 04:29 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I honestly have zero interest in hearing the another boring Rolling Stones album, they've got nothing left to say imo

dude..........another sclitch
30th March 2008 04:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
noteareyedhoney wrote:
Amen. The boys will rock on , maybe we will see a tour to promote this new baby!

More likely an album to promote the tour, being realistic!
30th March 2008 06:15 PM
Bouncer Keef hot like a pepper to make some new songs:

http://www.welt.de/multimedia/archive/00536/richards_teaser_DW__536997g.jpg
30th March 2008 06:35 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Jesus..here we go again. Round and round in circles.

well gazza you must have realised when you set up this board that you would be making a rod for your own back in many ways
30th March 2008 07:11 PM
Gazza Not really. Considering I already explained (or so I thought) to the same poster what my opinion was only a few days ago.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)