ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Wood Eyes Amy Winehouse For Collaboration On New Solo Project Return to archive
28th March 2008 08:15 AM
justinkurian Ronnie Wood Eyes Amy Winehouse For Collaboration
On new solo project

By: Hazel Sheffield on 27/03/2008 16:23:18

Rolling Stones legend Ron Wood has eyes for troubled singer Amy Winehouse in a professional manner.

The veteran rock star is looking to collaborate with Winehouse on a new solo project that Wood says could include “covers of 1970s hits, maybe the odd Dolly Parton song."

The retro covers album will see Wood taking time off from his commitment with the Rolling Stones reports Yahoo.

He has also named Serge Pizzorno of Kasabian as another possible collaborator.

Ron Wood already has an impressive solo discography under his belt, with thirteen full-length LPs, the last of which was ‘The First Barbarians: Live from Kilburn’, released last year.

Story taken from Gigwise www.gigwise.com/news?contentid=41851
© Gigwise.com 28/03/2008
28th March 2008 08:28 AM
FotiniD I like Woody's taste, both Pizzorno and Winehouse are great.
That will be an interesting collaboration if it goes ahead.
28th March 2008 08:36 AM
Gazza A full house for Amy, it seems

Mick and keith have both been singin' her praises lately, and then Charlie was doing the same in his radio interview this week.
28th March 2008 10:09 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff
quote:
Gazza wrote:
A full house for Amy, it seems

Mick and keith have both been singin' her praises lately, and then Charlie was doing the same in his radio interview this week.

Yeah Gazza,
maybe she will be ready to be a new member of the band...
28th March 2008 10:10 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:

Yeah Gazza,
maybe she will be ready to be a new member of the band...

Well, she's got the 'elegantly wasted' aspect practiced to perfection
28th March 2008 10:13 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Well, she's got the 'elegantly wasted' aspect practiced to perfection

I think you are a bit too nice to say "elegant"!!
28th March 2008 10:31 AM
mojoman a crack cookoff?
28th March 2008 10:36 AM
PartyDoll MEG Elegant????

But she can sing...
28th March 2008 10:51 AM
FotiniD
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Elegant????

But she can sing...

I hear it's impetigo

Well, I can't really be hard on her. Not with Keith Richards as my hero (not for the drugs of course, but you know what I mean)
28th March 2008 10:54 AM
speedfreakjive just found this article on Ronnie - no new album yet in the pipeline it would seem

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7313000/7313426.stm

Rolling Stones star forms supergroup
By Damian Jones
Newsbeat reporter

Ronnie Wood
Ronnie Wood appears in the Rolling Stones documentary Shine A Light
Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has told Newsbeat he plans to team up with The Charlatans and The Stereophonics for his next solo project.

Wood, who is promoting the forthcoming Stones documentary Shine A Light, said he was hoping to go into the studio with a host of stars before heading out on a live tour over the next year.

"I've got a few things up my sleeve. I'm hoping to put my next studio album out once we get a break from promoting this documentary," he explained.

"I'm planning on bringing in The Charlatans, Kelly Jones from The Stereophonics and Paulo (Nutini) and I'm going to get my old drummer Andy Newmark back together again.

"We're going to go in the studio and then take it live once the record comes out."

Big names

The legendary bassist has released six solo albums during his career which have featured a host of big names including members of The Stones, Bob Dylan and U2 guitarist The Edge.

But this will be his first solo outing since 2001's Not For Beginners.

Of the new documentary, which has been shot by legendary Raging Bull director and long time fan Martin Scorsese, Wood said he did a "great job".

He added: "It's a real theatre experience and you've got to be in a cinema with the sound whacked up to get the full force of it. You feel like you're actually up there onstage."

The documentary chronicles the band during two nights of their A Bigger Bang tour at New York's Beacon Theatre between 29 October and 1 November 2006.

Controversial artist

"Obviously there are loads of things I would like to have used but you have to take an average really. Marty has put the ball in his court and I think he's done a great job," he said.

"It's a huge honour really because Scorsese has a dynamic about him that nobody else has. The whole project was reciprocated from him. He loves us and we love his work, so it's a great working team."

Although work is yet to begin on the next Rolling Stones album, Wood revealed that singer Mick Jagger has been heavily involved with mixing sessions for a live album which is due to be released ahead of the documentary on 7 April.

RONNIE WOOD FACTS
A British hockey player shares the same name
He began his career as a guitarist with The Birds in 1964
At the 1985 Live Aid concert Wood gave Bob Dylan his guitar after a string broke. He carried on playing air guitar
Several of Wood's paintings, including work commissioned by Andrew Lloyd-Webber, are displayed at London's Drury Lane Theatre
In October 2007 Wood appeared on Top Gear

He added: "We haven't had chance to start work on a new album yet because Mick has been working on the mix of the live CD of the movie. That will come out and be suffice for now."

The legendary guitarist and bassist, who is a keen artist, also told Newsbeat that he is a big fan of controversial artist Banksy.

He added: "I've got some of his stuff. I think he's great. I bought a painting of Queen Victoria and one of his Kate Moss paintings. I've got an interesting cross section of his work."

Shine A Light is out in UK cinemas on 11 April.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)