ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie's Not Nostalgic Return to archive
27th March 2008 08:42 PM
GotToRollMe Guess I can't blame him. Who among us would be crazy about seeing ourselves up on the silver screen 40 (or 20, or 10, or even 5) years ago "saying something stupid?"
---------------------------------------------------------

ROLLING STONES - WATTS HATES NOSTALGIC STONES' CLIPS

THE ROLLING STONES rocker CHARLIE WATTS considered storming out of the premiere for the band's documentary SHINE A LIGHT - because he hates watching footage of his youth. The Martin Scorsese-directed movie premiered at the Berlin Film Festival in Germany last month (Feb08) and all four Stones attended the screening. But 66-year-old Watts despises Shine A Light's nostalgic clips from the rockers' 1960s heyday. However, the drummer insists he still enjoyed the film. Watts says, "He (Scorsese) uses a bit of flashback which I don't really like much, 'cos I don't like seeing myself 40 years ago saying something stupid. "To look at, it's great. Mick (Jagger) looks fantastic." He adds, "You can't get up and leave 'cos everyone's looking at you. So we had to sit through it, but actually about five minutes from the end I thought, 'OK, that's enough.'"

27/03/2008 19:47

Link:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/watts%20hates%20nostalgic%20stones%20clips_1063853
27th March 2008 10:00 PM
guitarman53 Charlie may not like it, but I sure do, love watching nostalgic footage of The stones.
27th March 2008 10:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Watts says, "He (Scorsese) uses a bit of flashback which I don't really like much, 'cos I don't like seeing myself 40 years ago saying something stupid.

27th March 2008 11:47 PM
Sioux
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Charlie may not like it, but I sure do, love watching nostalgic footage of The stones.

Oh, me too! And I'm so thankful that we have as much of the vintage footage that we DO have....all of that is really precious to me.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)