ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Richie Sambora (the original) DUI Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th March 2008 11:07 PM
Daethgod http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=25219

Bon Jovi rocker Richie Sambora has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Sambora was pulled over by police in Laguna Beach, Calif., late on Tuesday after they observed him driving erratically, according to TMZ.com. Sambora reportedly failed numerous field sobriety tests and was detained for DUI.

The musician was admitted to rehab last year following a battle with alcoholism, which, among other factors, was sparked by his deteriorating marriage to actress Heather Locklear and the ailing health of his dad.

He spent a stint at celebrity rehab facility the Cirque Lodge in Utah months after completing a detox at the UCLA Medical Center.

26th March 2008 11:09 PM
Joey
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=25219

Bon Jovi rocker Richie Sambora has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Sambora was pulled over by police in Laguna Beach, Calif., late on Tuesday after they observed him driving erratically, according to TMZ.com. Sambora reportedly failed numerous field sobriety tests and was detained for DUI.

The musician was admitted to rehab last year following a battle with alcoholism, which, among other factors, was sparked by his deteriorating marriage to actress Heather Locklear and the ailing health of his dad.

He spent a stint at celebrity rehab facility the Cirque Lodge in Utah months after completing a detox at the UCLA Medical Center.

This can happen when one drinks with Keith Moon .

Moonie ! ™
26th March 2008 11:24 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Nice of Gazza to post Sambuca's bail...
26th March 2008 11:26 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=25219

What a fag!
26th March 2008 11:44 PM
sweetcharmedlife Has anyone seen Heather Locklear lately?....She looks like she hit the wall and the wall hit back.
27th March 2008 02:43 AM
marko what a weak guy,worse things has happened to people,and they
still stand.
27th March 2008 07:09 AM
LadyJane I'd drink too if I had to listen to Bon Jovi all the time!

Another one for our gallery of fame:

LJ.
27th March 2008 08:47 AM
Gazza he should have been arrested years ago for WUIB

Writing Under the Influence of Braindeath
[Edited by Gazza]
27th March 2008 10:24 AM
Lazy Bones do you see it? I swear they're brothers!

27th March 2008 10:36 AM
sirmoonie ...sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink....
27th March 2008 10:59 AM
Factory Girl His 10 year old daughter was in the car.

If he pulls DUI with his own kid in the car, he's done.

27th March 2008 11:08 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
His 10 year old daughter was in the car.

THAT is simply not right! There's no way any BJ member should be permitted to reproduce...
27th March 2008 11:15 AM
Highwire Rob He had the perfect alibi... it wasn't him at all but rather, Romeo Pacifico from Adelaide impersonating Richie Sambora under the influence of alcohol with his kid in the car!

Except... Romeo is in jail. RICHIE! ---YOU'RE SCREWED!!!!
27th March 2008 11:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
His 10 year old daughter was in the car.

She probably writes their songs too. That explains everything.
27th March 2008 12:09 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
...sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink....

27th March 2008 12:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

She probably writes their songs too. That explains everything.

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.

That's miracle on ice postin'!

27th March 2008 12:20 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yeah! Keith B. Moon! Did you know he used to party backstage with Clerow Wilson whenever Moonie hit Perth Amboy? Its true. I read it in a book. Or maybe it was a magazine.
27th March 2008 02:04 PM
mojoman WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

27th March 2008 02:35 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

mojo .................................

I have the ability to teach you all about the POWER of The Dark Side :

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
27th March 2008 04:30 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

mojo .................................

I have the ability to teach you all about the POWER of The Dark Side :

[Edited by Joey]

27th March 2008 04:43 PM
sammy davis jr. Nice to see he's still rockin' the mullett......some people never grew out of the '80's.
27th March 2008 04:47 PM
mojoman
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Nice to see he's still rockin' the mullett......some people never grew out of the '80's.

27th March 2008 05:12 PM
fireontheplatter shortly after 9/11 there was a concert held at msg and a bunch of musicians played there..including bon jovi. i am not a huge fan, but i dig a couple of there songs. they played three of them that night and they sounded pretty good. and they also play their song 'dead or alive' at the beginning of dealiest catch.

it is not good to get dui's. i'm not going to say how many i've had in the past, because thats what they are to me now...a thing of the past. i can see how it happens tho...people just need to get home. what confuses me is that these people celebs have boucoup bucks, so why can't they call a cab or a friend.

anyway...i wish the guy well.
27th March 2008 05:19 PM
robpop
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
shortly after 9/11 there was a concert held at msg and a bunch of musicians played there..including bon jovi. i am not a huge fan, but i dig a couple of there songs. they played three of them that night and they sounded pretty good. and they also play their song 'dead or alive' at the beginning of dealiest catch.

it is not good to get dui's. i'm not going to say how many i've had in the past, because thats what they are to me now...a thing of the past. i can see how it happens tho...people just need to get home. what confuses me is that these people celebs have boucoup bucks, so why can't they call a cab or a friend.

anyway...i wish the guy well.

I agree DUI drivers should be arrested and punished. But cops are fucking jackoffs now. They sit outside the American Legion waiting for some old Korean War vet to leave after drinking three or four beers. That old man will have four cop cars pulling him over on the way home. But if some crazy asses are doing a drive by, guess how long it takes the cops to show up if they even do at all.
27th March 2008 05:30 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

*** YES ! ... *** YES !!!! ***

Indeed you are strong my son .... just like the Master has forseen .

Soon , you shall take my place next to The Master's side and rule absolutely .

" ............. Safely re-elected, Nixon felt free to unleash the awesome destructiveness of American air power on the North Vietnamese. He told Admiral Thomas Moorer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “I don’t want any more of this crap about the fact that we couldn’t hit this target or that one. This is your chance to finally use military power to win the war, and if you don’t, I’ll consider you responsible.”

On December 18, American B-52s began the heaviest and most destructive air raids of the entire war on Hanoi, Haipong, and other North Vietnamese targets. The “Christmas bombing” aroused storms of protest aroung the world. The New York Times called it “Stone Age barbarism”. The 36000 tons of explosives dropped during that time were more than had been used between 1969 and 1971. They killed some 1600 civilians. The North, by then equipped with surface-to-air missiles, knocked down 15 B-52s and 11 other American planes, causing the death or capture of 93 American airmen.

On December 26, the North Vietnamese (who had run out of missiles ) indicated that they were ready to return to the peace table when the bombing stopped. Nixon called it off on December 30, and the two sides soon resumed talks in Paris. And on January 27, 1973, the United States and North Vietnam signed an “agreement on ending the war and restoring peace in Vietnam.” Nixon claimed that the Christmas bombing had forced the North Vietnamese to relent. At least equally important, however, was the enormous American pressure on Thieu to accept the cease-fire. In announcing the cease-fire Nixon told the world five times that it represented the “peace with honor” that he had long promised.

The terms of the Paris accords were little different from those Kissinger and Tho had accepted in principle a few months before. There would be an immediate ceasefire. The United States agreed to remove all of its armed forces from South Vietnam within two months. The two sides agreed on an exchange of prisoners of war. The vague political terms of the accord provided for a coalition government in the south that would conduct free elections there. The Thieu regime would survive for the moment, but North Vietnamese forces already in the south would remain there ( Shiver .................. ) .

But the war was not yet over. All peace provided for was a “decent interval” between America’s withdrawal and North Vietnam’s complete victory.

The cease-fire hardly stopped the fighting. As Nixon and Kissinger knew (but did not explain to the American people), the political future of South Vietnam would have to be settled by force. The United States continued to pour military aid into South Vietnam. It dropped 250000 tons of bombs on Cambodia in the next seven months. The Congress cut off apprppriations for such bombing on August 15, 1973. In November it passed a War Powers. This required the American Presidents to inform Congress within 48 hours of deployment of United States' Troops abroad and to bring the troops home within 60 days unless Congress endorsed what the President had done.
Kissinger and Le Duc Tho won the Nobel Peace Prize for their efforts. (But Le Duc Tho declined to the prize.) "

[Edited by Joey]
27th March 2008 05:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
robpop wrote:

I agree DUI drivers should be arrested and punished. But cops are fucking jackoffs now. They sit outside the American Legion waiting for some old Korean War vet to leave after drinking three or four beers. That old man will have four cop cars pulling him over on the way home. But if some crazy asses are doing a drive by, guess how long it takes the cops to show up if they even do at all.

that is absolute bullshit behaviour by the cops. i was watching a sting operation on the show 'cops' awhile back, and they would have a pretty hooker stand around under a bridge or on a st corner and then the johns would walk up to them and make a deal and then BAM, the cops would bust them.
in a way what you described is similuar behaviour. is not right.
in this new paltz town we have the town police and state police and campus police and sheriff police. its nuts.

its all revenue for the town these days. my last dui cost me 1800 bucks. and there was no paying this off in 20's...they want big chunks of money.
27th March 2008 05:36 PM
robpop
quote:
mojoman wrote:

That is the reason why white kids are all fucked up now. Also one of the reasons why rock and roll is on life support. Fuck the Beastie Fags!
27th March 2008 05:39 PM
Joey
quote:
robpop wrote:

That is the reason why white kids are all fucked up now. Also one of the reasons why rock and roll is on life support. Fuck the Beastie Fags!

robpoop .........................

We DON'T get Fooled again .

J. Fly !
27th March 2008 05:43 PM
Dan
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

that is absolute bullshit behaviour by the cops. i was watching a sting operation on the show 'cops' awhile back, and they would have a pretty hooker stand around under a bridge or on a st corner and then the johns would walk up to them and make a deal and then BAM, the cops would bust them.

That sucked when they busted the old man who just talked to the hooker and drove off. In L.A. at least, it likely wouldn't even result in an arrest not to mention charges.

quote:

in a way what you described is similuar behaviour. is not right.

I don't see why there has to be an even playing field. Think we should pass a law that cops can't bust drunks when they are leaving bars?

quote:

in this new paltz town we have the town police and state police and campus police and sheriff police. its nuts.
its all revenue for the town these days. my last dui cost me 1800 bucks. and there was no paying this off in 20's...they want big chunks of money.

At least you learned your lesson. Drunk posting is still legal.
27th March 2008 05:44 PM
robpop
quote:
Joey wrote:

robpoop

That's funny. In fact the first time I heard that one, I fell out of the cradle laughing.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)