ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: classic albums live - some girls Return to archive
26th March 2008 11:56 AM
Lazy Bones saw the performance of Exile years ago. well done.

"Classic Albums Live" is celebrating their 5th anniversary where they'll perform Some Girls - note for note; cut for cut.

---
WHERE · Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
WHEN · Thursday, April 17 @ 8:00 PM
AGE · 18 and Over
PRICE · $12 in advance, $20 at the door.

tickets - http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10003F56BBDC8C91?artistid=915660&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=52

info - http://q107.com/ConcertCalendar/Default//Details.aspx?ID=100144
26th March 2008 05:28 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I thought they were supposed to do Let It Bleed (with special guest Merry Clayton) -- either way, both are my favourite albums.
26th March 2008 06:11 PM
parachuteman i think ill be there
26th March 2008 06:47 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
I thought they were supposed to do Let It Bleed (with special guest Merry Clayton) -- either way, both are my favourite albums.

do you recall if LIB has been done in the past?
26th March 2008 08:54 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Sorry, you are correct!

From Shidoobee:

"greetings all remember the first time you heard 'gimme shelter' what a groove and then that vocal who was that woman singing? it was Merry Clayton and she's joining Classic Albums Live for our 5 year anniversary show we're bringing her up from LA and we're going to let it loose on our hometown crowd at the phoenix Merry is a very special lady she was born christmas day - hence the spelling of her name she has sung with many of the greats i urge you to google her name you'll be amazed at all she has accomplished i spent a wonderful afternoon just reading her web blogs (of course all the shidoobee already know all this) it's our 5 year anniversary we really wanted to do something special to celebrate bringing Merry in is going to be a high point here's how it's going down we're perform the some girls album then bring out Merry she'll tear into her version of 'gimme shelter' check it out here http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCyTqnizcvI her version is absolutely amazing Merry also sang on 'tumblin dice' and she'll be joining us for 'can't always get what you want' we may even do 'shine a light' we have a 16 piece band ready to rock the house pedal steel horns guitars singers strings (for angie) percussion we got it all on this show and of course Merry who captured a perfect moment in history and sang it with conviction and grace this is going to be a great great night for music lovers thursday april 17 @ Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto ( same place the Stones played) hope to see you there peace and prosperity craig www.classicalbumslive.com"

I will be in Toronto the weekend of the 16-20 and may check out this show (will have to bring my Let It Bleed CD for her to sign!)
26th March 2008 09:05 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCyTqnizcvI

thanks for the link. powerful images combined with a great rendition of a song that's perhaps one of the greatest ever recorded.

cheers.
1st April 2008 12:31 AM
midnite craig We're actually going to do Merry's arrangement of the song. Working with her is going to be a defining moment in my life.

hope to see you there

craig

www.classicalbumslive.com

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)