ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: March Madness Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th March 2008 12:02 PM
Some Guy
Tournament starts today- Some good games on Ga Bulldogs V.s. Xavier first up for me.
20th March 2008 02:25 PM
Got Me Rockin I have Pittsburgh winning it all, no particular reason though.
20th March 2008 04:38 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Got Me Rockin wrote:
I have Pittsburgh winning it all, no particular reason though.

Yeah I have heard that- my bracket is looking f@cked already. I went to my neighborhood Applebees- man what a dump. Nascar is big there.
20th March 2008 07:44 PM
robpop
quote:
Got Me Rockin wrote:
I have Pittsburgh winning it all, no particular reason though.

You the man!!! I did not pick my alma mater to go that far. Glad to see the committee kisses Duke's ass again. Two seed please. I picked Belmont for my upset in the first round.
20th March 2008 09:24 PM
robpop Goddamn. So close. First game I lost today. I'm usually screwed in the brackets by this time. No big deal though, hopefully, I have WVU in the next round.

CBS kisses Duke's ass more than the committee.
20th March 2008 09:53 PM
Throwaway
quote:
robpop wrote:
Goddamn. So close. First game I lost today. I'm usually screwed in the brackets by this time. No big deal though, hopefully, I have WVU in the next round.

CBS kisses Duke's ass more than the committee.

F--- 'em and their 90% white team. Either WV or Arizona will take em down in Rd 2. I see a UNC - UCLA final, though I'd like it to be more interesting than that.
20th March 2008 10:07 PM
robpop
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

F--- 'em and their 90% white team. Either WV or Arizona will take em down in Rd 2. I see a UNC - UCLA final, though I'd like it to be more interesting than that.

I see you know your college hoops. Its anybody's game this year. I predict three of the final four being Big East teams. Pitt, Louisville, and Georgetown. The other team beind UCLA. UCLA winning it all. You know Ben Holland was Big Ben in Pittsburgh, before the other Big Ben came aroud winning a Super Bowl and shit.
21st March 2008 01:14 PM
CrissCrossMind I took all the favorites ... except the 8 vs 9 ... which I consider a toss up ... so I went with the all acurate coin flip ... not more than 8 teams ever have a real shot ... CCM
[Edited by CrissCrossMind]
21st March 2008 04:07 PM
Poplar
I'm one proud mother fucking Davidson College graduate.

((beaming))

21st March 2008 06:00 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I'm one proud mother fucking Davidson College graduate.

((beaming))

did they win?- I slipped outside to smoke myself a j.
21st March 2008 07:09 PM
Throwaway That l'il nougat skinned boy can sure shoot, can't he??

Sadly, my UMBC Retrievers were simply overmatched by G-town. But be honest. Did anyone have UCONN out in round 1?? Could be some sleepers making it to the sweet 16 this year.
21st March 2008 07:45 PM
steel driving hammer Stones!

21st March 2008 08:01 PM
robpop
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Did anyone have UCONN out in round 1??

No. I never saw that one coming. Blow to my bracket as I had UCONN winning another game. I still should be ok. The upset I picked for today was Siena over Vanderbilt.
22nd March 2008 01:10 AM
sweetcharmedlife GO STANFORD!!!
[Edited by sweetcharmedlife]
22nd March 2008 11:45 PM
robpop I was in first place in my bracket until the latest games.
23rd March 2008 07:10 AM
Some Guy Izzo all up in da hizzo.
23rd March 2008 08:21 AM
corgi37 Saints played the Swans last night, and narrowly won. What a great 1st game!

Oh, you guys are talking about gay sports.
Sorry.
23rd March 2008 10:12 AM
robpop
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Saints played the Swans last night, and narrowly won. What a great 1st game!

Oh, you guys are talking about gay sports.
Sorry.

Saints and Swans? Dude, gay sports?
23rd March 2008 01:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
robpop wrote:

Saints and Swans? Dude, gay sports?

postin above the rim.
23rd March 2008 07:54 PM
sweetcharmedlife Stanford wins a thriller. Game of the tournament so far. San Diego's upset of UConn a close second. Bring on Texas. Longhorns my ass. Stanford will make it to the Elite Eight!
23rd March 2008 09:42 PM
robpop I'm in two brackets this year, for the first time ever after the first round, I was in first place in both. The events of this weekend changed that however.
23rd March 2008 10:12 PM
sweetcharmedlife Well out of the 4 sheets I did in my office pool. I have 10 out of the sweet 16 left on 2 sheets. Although I only have my entire final 4 intact on 1. Another crazy tournament.
25th March 2008 11:18 PM
robpop One of the greatest plays in sports history. This is up there with the "Immaculate Reception". Sorry no imbed.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5194286514343655634&q=lorenzo+charles&total=143&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
29th March 2008 06:43 AM
Poplar

davidson... my school.

everybody pull like hell for the wildcats sunday.

29th March 2008 10:42 PM
robpop
quote:
Poplar wrote:

davidson... my school.

I have a friend who lives in the Charlotte area, and he told me this team was for real. I did not take his adivice when filling out my bracket though (I did have them winning one game). I should have done some more research. Any team that runs the table in conference play is for real. They impressed the hell out of me against the Cheeseheads.

Good luck. I'll be pulling for yinz. A win over Kansas might just put me in the money. Kansas is an outstanding team though, but anything can happen.

Hell,
30th March 2008 12:11 AM
sweetcharmedlife It looks like this might just be the year when all the #1 seeds make the final four. They all look great right now.
30th March 2008 12:20 AM
robpop
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
It looks like this might just be the year when all the #1 seeds make the final four. They all look great right now.

As much as I hate to say it, you maybe right. I still like UCLA to win it all. Ben Howland is an incredible coach. He took on the Pitt job, what was once a coach's graveyard. and turned it into a great program.
30th March 2008 04:37 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

davidson... my school.

I'm behind you !
30th March 2008 07:54 PM
sweetcharmedlife Hell of a game but Davidson comes up just short. First time ever all #1 seeds make the Final Four.
31st March 2008 10:18 PM
robpop Nice run for Daidison, Poplar. Almost. Just hope the coach sticks around.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)