ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elton John Plans Concert at Radio City to Benefit Hillary Clinton Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th March 2008 04:17 PM
SweetVirginia Monday March 17, 2008
Elton John to fundraise for Clinton with solo concert at Radio City Music Hall
by The Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Singer Elton John will help Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton raise cash for her presidential campaign with a solo concert next month at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

"I'm not a politician but I believe in the work that Hillary Clinton does,'' the British musician said in a statement released by the Clinton campaign on Monday.

Tickets for the "Elton and Hillary: One Night Only'' performance on April 9 go on sale Wednesday. Prices start at $125 for mezzanine seats, $250 for seats near the orchestra.

Last October, Clinton held a star-studded fundraiser to celebrate her 60th birthday. Comedian Billy Crystal and rockers Elvis Costello and the Wallflowers headlined the event at New York's historic Beacon Theater, which raked in more than $1.5 million for Clinton's presidential bid.
17th March 2008 04:26 PM
nankerphelge Man that's a whole lotta confused hormones on that ticket!

[The only reason Elton kissed Hillary was because he was curious what pussy tastes like]

[Edited by nankerphelge]
17th March 2008 04:28 PM
SweetVirginia Two queens on the same stage....
17th March 2008 05:14 PM
fireontheplatter solo elton. this is bound to be an awesome show. i bet he plays 'your song' and 'goodbye yellow brick road' and 'benny and the jets'

i grew up on this guy back in the day, but have never seen him in concert. to see him solo would be a dream. i dig his older material.

get down jimmy
17th March 2008 05:45 PM
pdog If Hillary dies, we will get Candle In The Wind Part 17
17th March 2008 05:50 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:
If Hillary dies, we will get Candle In The Wind Part 17

i believe it would be part 3. the 1st version was about maralin monroe and the second about princess diana and so the third one would be...you guessed it....hillary.
i hope he plays this song too. what a wonderful song.

everybody say oww
17th March 2008 06:03 PM
pdog your taste in music sucks

17th March 2008 06:09 PM
BONOISLOVE Did the lights just blink? Oh wait, I blinked.
17th March 2008 06:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
WASHINGTON -- Singer Elton John will help Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton raise cash for her presidential campaign with a solo concert next month at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

"I'm not a politician but I believe in the work that Hillary Clinton does,'' the British musician said in a statement released by the Clinton campaign on Monday.

Not only are you not a politician, but you're also not an American, fat boy.

None of your fucking business.
17th March 2008 06:25 PM
mojoman
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Two queens on the same stage....

bitch is back.....
17th March 2008 07:04 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:
your taste in music sucks

no it doesn't dude..it really doesn't.

your song is just about one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

17th March 2008 07:11 PM
Prodigal Son Elton, 1970-75=good, 1976-now=mostly crap (ok he's got a handful of decent tunes since then but his biggest hits 90% of the time are pure schlock). He wasn't great necessarily from 70-75 but much better. Rock of the Westies is the best Rolling Stones album of 1975! But he'll give Hilary a song anyway:

Clinton for the Win (Words by Bernie Taupin & Bill Clinton, music by Reginald Dwight)

Good luck Hilary
May the super delegates back your cause
And not that guy, whose preacher hates whitey
He's a total phoney
His cabinet will include Farrakhan
And Rodney King, Kanye West and L'il John
Chorus:
And it seems to me the obvious choice
Is a Clinton for the win
And her man loves, her almost as much
As some Playboy twins
And it was not intercourse, it was just a cigar
Now they do it in the back of, Hilary's armoured car

The senate was tough
Tough because she had to convince New York
She cared for them, much more than Arkansas
She'll change with the times
Hell just look at her hair styles
She's got a set of brass balls
But she's not afraid to cry
Repeat Chorus:

Good luck Hilary
Who needs help from, all of those Kennedys?
If you've noticed, they all seem to get shot
She'll lead the Democrats
And do no worse than Carter
She'll be there at 3 A.M. when terror's on red alert
Chorus 2:
And it seems to me Obama's toast
McCain will get Alzheimers
And don't worry, she'll kill Osama
Just like Vince Foster
Whitewater was ugly, but much less than Iraq
I wouldn't be too surprised if, Barrack legalized smack

[Edited by Prodigal Son]
17th March 2008 07:28 PM
pdog
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

no it doesn't dude..it really doesn't.

your song is just about one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

I draw the line at Elton John, The Eagles and Journey... They put the Yuk in Suck!
17th March 2008 08:54 PM
MrPleasant

17th March 2008 08:55 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
mojoman wrote:

bitch is back.....

Now THAT'S the song he must sing that night!

17th March 2008 08:57 PM
pdog
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Now THAT'S the song he must sing that night!

I draw the line with Elton John, The Eagles, Journey and The Clintons!!!!
17th March 2008 09:17 PM
Nellcote Cards on the table....

This year, I took another look at Elton John..
Back in the early, ancient 70's, his lp's were super.
We'd drink all night long to Honky Chateau, Country Comfort, these songs were the rage.
He drifted, like all muscians do. In the late 80's, he came back, where Disney signed him. In the 90's, I was raising kids listening to Lion King soundtrack (sure, I mixed in J Geils & Stones for good measure) and found I could listen to this with my kids.

As the kids got older, I drifted away from Elton.

Until this year. Day after the Oscars, John was on Larry King. King crowed incessantly about how much money Elton John has raised for Aids. I live in the sticks, I do not know one gay person. I do not care what a person does with their lifestyle. When I had a look at the grants Elton John has been able to fund by raising money for Aids awareness, in my book, he can do no wrong. I used to be involved as a volunteer, raising money for local community causes. Have a look at this site, at the organizations he's assisted.
http://www.ejaf.org/pages/grants/2007.html
Whatever he represents, at the end of the day, he's helping others who are in dire straits, some who are innocent children. More power to him for this cause....

Now, most all celebs, Hollywood types are pulling for Satan, it's no secret. I'm an independent, however, when it comes to Satan, I will note she will never get my vote.
And SV, don't put it past Elton not to sing Bitch if there's a shift in the delegate count towards her....

[Edited by Nellcote]
17th March 2008 10:07 PM
SweetVirginia I agree, Nelly. He just might sing it. I've been to a private party where he played and he was fantastic. I was also at his 60th b-day party and he sang "Empty Garden" in memory of John Lennon and "All The Young Girls Love Alice", among other oldies you would definitely appreciate.

And he has put his money where his mouth is to help eradicate AIDS.

So now, can you tell me why he likes Hillary?
17th March 2008 10:21 PM
BONOISLOVE pdog?
fireontheplatter?

18th March 2008 02:22 AM
IanBillen [quote]pdog wrote:

I draw the line at Elton John, The Eagles and Journey... They put the Yuk in Suck!

pdog I know you disagree but I do enjoy "old" Elton John. The Eagles suck. Journey is laughable now. I draw the line at The Eagles and Dave Mathews.

I know Elton is not exactly Mr. Manly, but I he was a great song writer. I will gladly take him over solo McCartney or Billy Joel any time.

Ian
18th March 2008 04:26 AM
pdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
I will gladly take him over solo McCartney or Billy Joel any time.

Ian

From my POV, reading this, for me is like someone saying, I'd rather step in dog poop because horse and elephant crap is much worse.
18th March 2008 04:30 AM
pdog
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
pdog?
fireontheplatter?

I had no idea irish, hippie meglomaniacs could be so mean, on st. paddy's even....
18th March 2008 05:22 AM
Ade oi Reg- you're from Pinner

get over yourself.
18th March 2008 09:53 AM
glencar Can any stage support 4 cankles at one time? I hope Radio City has the insurance bill paid up!
18th March 2008 09:56 AM
nanatod
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Elton, 1970-75=good

I agree. He hired really good musicians. The rhythm section is always right on. The slide guitar on side 2 of Madman Across the Water is better than just about any other slide guitar except for work created by Ry Cooder or Mick Taylor.
18th March 2008 02:04 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
If Hillary dies, we will get Candle In The Wind Part 17

Ouch !!!!!!!

Poi .......... the recession has given you an ' edge ' .

Fly !
18th March 2008 02:12 PM
Factory Girl Thank you very kindly, Sweet VA.
18th March 2008 02:20 PM
Dan Is this legal?
18th March 2008 02:49 PM
SweetVirginia Yes, it's legal, but Hillary already got in some hot water trying to do this with a U2 concert a couple of years ago. I don't remember now what the impropriety was.

The tickets for Elton are $125-$2300. They go on sale tomorrow.

http://www.radiocity.com/events/elton-john-hillary-clinton0408.html?s7135c19879783o43993t7149n35043e
18th March 2008 08:36 PM
Prodigal Son
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I agree. He hired really good musicians. The rhythm section is always right on. The slide guitar on side 2 of Madman Across the Water is better than just about any other slide guitar except for work created by Ry Cooder or Mick Taylor.

Yeah I guess at that point it was Caleb Quaye and I forget the other guy (Davey Johnstone didn't join his band until a year later). Plus his rhythm section of Roger Pope/Nigel Olsson and Dee Murray was solid. He added a bunch here and there during later years, but Ray Cooper turned out to be the longest-lasting. He was one of the few rock percussionists and he's all over "Time Waits for No One" as many already know.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)