ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Sonny Boy Williamson I (nsc) Return to archive
30th March 2006 10:08 AM
FPM C10 Sonny Boy Williamson I
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Lee Williamson was an American blues harmonica player and the first to use the name Sonny Boy Williamson. He was born somewhere near Jackson, Tennessee on March 30, 1914. His original harmonica recordings were considered to be in the country style, but he soon demonstrated skill at making harmonica a lead instrument for blues. He has been called "the father of modern blues harp".

His first record "Good Morning, School Girl" was a hit in 1937. He was widely popular throughout the whole southeast US and practically synonymous with the blues harmonica for the next decade. Another well-known song of his is "Shake the Boogie". John Lee's style influenced a number of blues performers, including Billy Boy Arnold, Sonny Terry, and a young Muddy Waters.

His music was popular enough that by the 1940s, another blues harp player, Aleck/Alex "Rice" Miller began using the name Sonny Boy Williamson too. John Lee objected to this, though no legal action took place. In 1948, John Lee was killed in a mugging.

Rice Miller, aka Sonny Boy II

Other cool or semi-cool people born this day:

Eric Clapton
Norah Jones
Francisco Goya
Paul Verlaine
Vincent Van Gogh
Sean O'Casey

Totally uncool people born today:
Richard Helms
Celine Dion
MC Hammer

We missed this: Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of the last US troops getting the hell outta Vietnam.

30th March 2006 12:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
He has been called "the father of modern blues harp".

No small accomplishment.

30th March 2006 12:20 PM
jb Did he play the zydeco?
30th March 2006 12:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Did he play the zydeco?

He tried, but couldn't figger out which end to blow into.
30th March 2006 12:45 PM
Break The Spell Happy Birthday on what would have been his 92nd.
30th March 2006 12:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Zydeco is accordian music. Those zydeco musicans play really mean accordians. good stuff as far as I'm concerned.
30th March 2006 12:47 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

He tried, but couldn't figger out which end to blow into.

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You shall be greeted at Joes next time(see 06 mini tour!!!).
30th March 2006 12:48 PM
nanatod Sonny Boy Williamson II (Rice Miller) is generally agreed to be a better musician and bluesman than Sonny Boy Williamson I.
30th March 2006 02:38 PM
FPM C10 Yes - but it's not his birthday today. His birthday is Dec. 5.

30th March 2006 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Yes - but it's not his birthday today. His birthday is Dec. 5.

Hilariously funny!!!!!!!!!!! You are on your "A" game today!!!
30th March 2006 02:43 PM
glencar Today is my nephew's birthday. Time flies!
30th March 2006 02:44 PM
Joey

Happy Happy Birthday Sonny Rollins !
30th March 2006 02:54 PM
Joey " We missed this: Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of the last US troops getting the hell outta Vietnam. "

**** ? *****

January 22nd , 1973 : LBJ dies in sleep ( Heart Attack ) .

January 23rd , 1973 : Peace Treaty ( albeit ' fig Leaf ' ) announced ending U.S. involvement in Vietnam .

January 27th , 1973 : Peace Treaty signed by North Vietnam , South Vietnam ( dragged kicking and screaming to the signing table ) AND the United States --- Treaty allows the Communist Troops to remain in place of over 1/3 of South Vietnam .

January 28th , 1973 : U.S. troops leave in a hurry whilst South Vietnamese and North Vietnamese troops start fighting again in the Central Highlands ( ' Duh !!! ' )

April 30th , 1975 : South Vietnam FINALLY falls to the Communist North and Saigon is re-named ' Ho Chi Minh City ' in honor of dear Uncle Ho .

May 1st , 1975 : Young Joey kicked out of the ' Russian Roulette ' parlors and told to ' Go HOME !! '

Uncle Joe !!!!!

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
30th March 2006 02:56 PM
Break The Spell I wonder if they waited on purpose till the day after LBJ died to sign the treaty?? I love that LBJ paper doll thing at the top of this thread!!
30th March 2006 03:02 PM
Joey " I wonder if they waited on purpose till the day after LBJ died to sign the treaty?? "

Nah , but as you know his death was indeed expected .

LBJ was the LAST War casualty .... very sad .

" All Wars must END Ronnie ! "

Ho Chi Jo !!!!

[Edited by Joey]
30th March 2006 03:28 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I wonder if they waited on purpose till the day after LBJ died to sign the treaty?? "

Nah , but as you know his death was indeed expected .

LBJ was the LAST War casualty .... very sad .

" All Wars must END Ronnie ! "

Ho Chi Jo !!!!

[Edited by Joey]

Like all good things....It's a good time, for the great taste, of McDonalds..............
30th March 2006 03:30 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Like all good things....It's a good time, for the great taste, of McDonalds..............

You make Joey smile .

You ...... How they's say ?!?! .... Got GAME !!!!

30th March 2006 03:30 PM
glencar The fall of Saigon was the apex of Commieism. Luckily a real man came to power & threw it all away. "Mr. Gorby, tear down this wall!"
30th March 2006 03:31 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The fall of Saigon was the apex of Commieism. Luckily a real man came to power & threw it all away. "Mr. Gorby, tear down this wall!"

I would like to caress your kneecaps
30th March 2006 03:33 PM
glencar Can you get this kink out of my back while yer at it?
30th March 2006 03:34 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to caress your kneecaps

http://www.dizzyrambler.com/index.html?legends/JimStafford/Jim_bio.html~mainFrame
30th March 2006 03:34 PM
Joey " Can you get this kink out of my back while yer at it?"

No , but let me bring in an ' expert ' !!!! :

|
|
|
V

30th March 2006 03:35 PM
glencar That's hot!
30th March 2006 03:35 PM
glencar BTW E! shows reruns of that show with her AFrican-American pal on every night.
30th March 2006 03:36 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's hot!

30th March 2006 03:49 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

The bottom half has her dressed as a jockey, guess her way of saying she's ready to ride!!
31st March 2006 12:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

The bottom half has her dressed as a jockey, guess her way of saying she's ready to ride!!

One Word :

P.O.S.T.I.N.

Postin'

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)