ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JUMP BACK QUESTION Return to archive
29th March 2006 10:58 PM
Egbert Can anyone tell me if the sound on Jump Back is any better than that on the '94 Virgin remasters?

Thanks
[Edited by Egbert]
29th March 2006 11:01 PM
pdog The mastering is better on Jump Back, Sucking In The Seventies and 40 Licks...
As much as i hate to say it, the 94 issues are already in need of improvement... Then again we're in need of real reissues with bonus shit and not some shit fake Rarities crap.
30th March 2006 12:02 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
pdog wrote:
The mastering is better on Jump Back, Sucking In The Seventies and 40 Licks...
As much as i hate to say it, the 94 issues are already in need of improvement... Then again we're in need of real reissues with bonus shit and not some shit fake Rarities crap.

I used to have high hopes that the "Virgin Years" would receive the SACD treatment, but it seems that medium is as good as dead. Oh well, it was still worth getting the player for the ABKO Stones and Dylan remasters alone.

Me thinks the Stones camp could learn a thing or two from the "Chairman of the Board" about reissues with bonus shit (see Live at Leeds, Tommy, etc.)
30th March 2006 07:01 AM
Break The Spell It would be great if all the 1971-1989 Virgin albums were remastered with the same quality in sound that the 2002 ABCKO reissues of the 60's albums have. Also, each album should have bonus tracks that include b-sides and album out-takes, it would be nice to have good qulaity versions of songs like "Criss Cross Mind", "Think I'm Going Mad", "Claudine", "Strictly Memphis", etc. on the respective albums that are appropriate.
30th March 2006 07:03 AM
FotiniD I'm happy to announce that I just had the major epiphany that it's actually "Sucking in the seventies" and not "Sucking, in the seventies" which never made any sense anyway

Pay no attention, I'm being silly this whole week, it'll be alright.
30th March 2006 07:06 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
I'm happy to announce that I just had the major epiphany that it's actually "Sucking in the seventies" and not "Sucking, in the seventies" which never made any sense anyway

Pay no attention, I'm being silly this whole week, it'll be alright.

Did you have an epiphany when you saw "Paint It, Black" go to "Paint It Black" on some versions of albums?? :}
30th March 2006 07:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Did you have an epiphany when you saw "Paint It, Black" go to "Paint It Black" on some versions of albums?? :}

Nah, that wasn't so big a shock

Jesus, I did actually post this, lol
30th March 2006 08:56 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Nah, that wasn't so big a shock

Jesus, I did actually post this, lol

Don't worry, everyone has days like that. I know i did last Saturday, ended up staying out till 9:30 AM because of it. Enjoy!!
30th March 2006 10:13 AM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:
The mastering is better on Jump Back, Sucking In The Seventies and 40 Licks...

Thanks pdog. Saw it at Tower yesterday for $9.99 and may have to pick it up if the sound is comparable to SITS. Would rather wait for Virgin to re-remaster the proper albums (without edits) but judging by the lame O-Card promotion last Fall I don't see that happening anytime soon.
30th March 2006 10:24 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Don't worry, everyone has days like that. I know i did last Saturday, ended up staying out till 9:30 AM because of it. Enjoy!!

suck!
on the jugular
Bring back the pipe FotiniD please!
30th March 2006 06:08 PM
Soldatti ...can't believe that it sold so well in US.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)