ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toots & The Maytals @ The Garden Party Return to archive
29th March 2006 04:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Toots & The Maytals - The Garden Party
04-Jun-2006 to: 04-Jun-2006
dublinks.com

Toots & The Maytals, legendary reggae group, play The Garden Party at Ballinlough Castle in County Meath on Sunday, the 4th of June.

The Maytals originally comprised the talents of Frederick "Toots" Hibbert, Nathaniel "Jerry" Mathias and Raleigh Gordon who met in Kingston in the early '60s . The Maytals were formed in the middle of ska mania and the group gained a reputation for infectious beats and sweet harmonies built around Hibbert's soulful voice.

The Maytals recorded their debut album, Hallelujah with the legendary producer, Clement Coxsone Dodd. The band left Dodd to record with Prince Buster and soon gained a big following in Jamaica and started to make waves in Britain. Just as The Maytals were reaching the height of their popularity, Hibbert was sent to prison for 18 months for smoking and possessing ganja.

Great things can often come from adversity and while in prison Hibbert pinned the classic "54-46 That's My Number". The song referred to his prison number, recounts his experiences and argues that he was jailed simply because he was a Rastafarian.

The Maytals started working with the renowned producer, Leslie Kong and with "54-46 That's My Number" as their first single, The Maytals scored a major hit. The Maytals followed with the a slue of brilliant singles like "Monkey Man", "Sweet and Dandy" and the wonderful "Pressure Drop", which featured on the soundtrack of the great reggae movie, The Harder They Come.

In 1975, The Maytals bought their success in Jamaica to the international scene when they signed with Chris Blackwell's Island Records. The band scored a hit in the UK singles charts the next year with the single, "Reggae Got Soul".

Toots & The Maytals popularity increased with the release of albums like Pass The Pipe, Just Like That and In The Dark. Toots & The Maytals where one of the primary influences of the British Ska revival with several bands covering their songs including punk out fit, The Clash.

Toots & The Maytals broke up in 1981 but Hibbert returned with a new Maytals line-up in the early '90s. This Toots & The Maytal's tour is promoting the release of Toot's new album, True Love featuring Keith Richards, Ryan Adams and The Roots.

Toots & The Maytals are guaranteed to deliver a night of glorious reggae music that will have you dancing the night away with a grin from ear to ear. Don't miss it.

Dublinks Garden Party Preview
Toots & The Maytals
Pod
Buy Tickets

Time: 2pm - 2am

Tickets: €65

29th March 2006 08:32 AM
FPM C10 I saw that Toots & the Maytals are playing the Nokia in NYC with Soulive - and Soulive has top billing.

...........BLANK FRIGGIN STARE...............

wtf???
29th March 2006 08:35 AM
Nellcote Toots opened for the reunion tour of
The J. Geils band back in '99.
Freakin great set.
Wolf went on to praise the legend during their set.
Toots is one of the last links to reggae we have...
29th March 2006 08:56 AM
Break The Spell Always loved the Toots!! Wish I could make the show but I'll be down in FL that week.
29th March 2006 01:07 PM
jb Not impressed.........
29th March 2006 02:02 PM
FPM C10 Not surprised...
29th March 2006 02:10 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Toots opened for the reunion tour of
The J. Geils band back in '99

Toots opened a couple of Stones shows in Holland in 2003. I have to say, after Dave Matthews Band and Robert Cray, they were the most sleep-inducing opener ever...
30th March 2006 11:09 AM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Not surprised...

Just being honest FPMC10-I was bored by his appearence on SNL ....on the other hand, he blew away 'The Meters". see ya next time at JOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and remeber , to all my detractors:
Sie werden nicht gegrüßt!!!!!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)