ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: REVISITING THE PAST 4 RECORDS Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
30th March 2006 04:44 PM
ziggypayne Best 12 of the last 4:

Continental Drift
Love Is Strong
You Got Me Rocking
Thru And Thru
You Don't Have To Mean It
Out of Control
Saint of Me
Theif In The Night
It Won't Take Long
Back of My Hand
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Oh No Not You Again
30th March 2006 06:04 PM
time is on my side Just now saw this thread.

(1) ABB- a very consistent album from top to bottom (throw out the Keith ballads & Sweet Neocon- throw in the two outtakes Dont Wanna Go Home & especially Under the Radar and you got yourself a better album). Maybe a little too long- still it's their best since Tattoo You.

(2) Bridges Over Babylon- I, agree, a very underrated album even though the last third of this album is not to my liking outside of Too Tight- the first eight songs are good though nothing really great is going on. This album has grown on me over the years. Hated it when it first came out but over TIME have come to appreciate this effort.

(3) Voodoo Lounge- A good Stones album that suffers from it's bloated weight. Very similiar to B2B in that it get's off to a good start and then just wears you out in the end. It's much too long (Suck on the Jugular, Blinded by Rainbows, Baby Break It Down, Thru & Thru, Mean Disposition are not my cup of tea). Still a good effort. Love Is Strong is a great single.

(4) Steel Wheels- Really loved this album when I first heard it but over TIME very rarely play it. The production is very dated. This is the weakest of the four.
30th March 2006 08:26 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Mine would be:
1- Almost Hear You Sigh
2- Oh No, Not You Again
3- Saint Of me
4- Love Is Strong
5- Break The Spell
6- Rough Justice
7- Out Of Control
8- Laugh, I Nearly Died
9- Mixed Emotions
10- You Got Me Rockin'
11- Sad, Sad, Sad
12- Gunface

Excellent list! Nice to see another GUNFACE fan out there. I appreciate Gunface, Laugh I Nearly Died, and Break The Spell like you do. Also, You Got Me Rockin - STUDIO version - is awesome. Micks screaming and ronnie's slide make the tune. This is one of the tunes that is much better in the studio than in concert.
31st March 2006 11:42 AM
tumbling dice
To hear in my i-pod...

1-Love is strong
2-Mixed Emotions
3-Oh no not you again
4-You got me rocking
5-Let Me Down Slow
6-Almost Hear your Sigh
7-Moon is Up
8-Saint of Me
9-Anybody seen my baby
10-Laugh I nearly Died
11-Out of Control
12-Slippin away
31st March 2006 11:47 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Excellent list! Nice to see another GUNFACE fan out there. I appreciate Gunface, Laugh I Nearly Died, and Break The Spell like you do. Also, You Got Me Rockin - STUDIO version - is awesome. Micks screaming and ronnie's slide make the tune. This is one of the tunes that is much better in the studio than in concert.

Yes all great ones. I think YGMR studio is far superior to the live versions, but its played live to pump the crowd up with the catchy chorus. Gunface is an underrated tune, Mick's downright mean on it and the guitars have a good crunch. As for Break The Spell, I like the fact that even though it was recorded in 1989, it sounds like it was from 1965, I love that dark shuffle and the gypsy lyrics in it.
31st March 2006 11:55 AM
jb I will try to be fair and honest.
SW's-not very good. Put together as an excuse for the reunion tour. favorite song "Slipping Away" ans 'Almost Hear you sigh" Rockers like Mixed Emotions, Rock and a Hard Place, etc had no edge and were really campy. The album was a precursor of the what the Stones had become..a band not connected musically anymore, but simply coming together and adding Mick and keith's songs to put out am album
VL-I like it. Much better than anything since Tatto You. "Love is Strong" was very good, "Blinded by Rainbowss" fantastic, "Thru and Thru" only good Keith song of the 90's..........perhaps a bit overrated b/c it is so much better than anything they have put out
B2B-one of their worst albums ever recorded by the band...a complete fuck up from the start with Mick trying, once again, to fit into todays music scene. I canhonestly say I do not like one song from this album.
ABB-nice try, but after 8 years you could have figured out a better single to release than SOL. A few good songs like Rough Justice, ONNYA, BOMH, but essentially, a lot of filler and unremarkable.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)