ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: To anyone who saw the Stones at Rod Laver Arena in 2003.... Return to archive
28th March 2006 08:23 AM
Casey_WGDJ Hi all,

First post here.

I have a dilemma.

I have two tickets for the Rod Laver show in different sections. Obviously, I can only use one. Offloading the other one should be pretty easy, so that's not a problem. The dilemma lies in the fact that they're both pretty similar! I was hoping some of you folks who went to the 2003 shows would be able to help me decide which is best, because it's literally keeping me awake at night, LOL!

The tickets are:
Area: UPP
Section: S37
Row: AA

Area: UPP
Section: S40
Row: BB

Both are "Premium" category. They both say they're obstructed view, but I assume that's because they're first and second rows and if you're sitting down, the barrier things would obstruct your view. The chances of me sitting down fall somewhere between "no chance" and, well.... no chance. ;-)

Here's the seating chart:

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. It's my first time seeing the Stones (I'm only 19). Sorry for the length of the post -- it should have been a short, simple question, really, LOL! :-)

Thanks!

-Casey.
29th March 2006 09:17 AM
Casey_WGDJ Anybody?
29th March 2006 09:39 AM
Gazza Hi and welcome

There doesnt look much difference on the face of it between them.

better view of the stage from section 40, I would think. However, as youre quite high up, I would think that the other seat would give you a better view of the video screens which may be just as important

maybe someone who knows the venue can help?
[Edited by Gazza]
30th March 2006 04:43 AM
vox12string I'd go back, S37. I was in AA, Keith's side, & found I didn't get a true stereo mix, the recording I made confirms this, lotsa Keith, practicaly no Ronnie. The further back you go the better the mix.
30th March 2006 06:30 AM
Daethgod 37 u are near B Stage

u could flog em off and try to get a floor ticket on ebay

30th March 2006 09:29 AM
corgi37 Aint got a prayer, mate.
30th March 2006 10:32 AM
Casey_WGDJ
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Aint got a prayer, mate.

You mean of getting a floor seat? Wouldn't even bother trying. I don't want to pay some greedy person a fortune for a floor seat. I have to sell one ticket, obviously, but it's basically going at cost because I'd never feel right turning a profit when so many fans have probably missed out.

I am thinking I'll keep the section 37 one. It's probably a good balance (okay view of the main stage, great view of the B stage). I actually HAD a floor seat, too... the Ticketek thing timed out right before I clicked to finalise it, I guess, because I had entered my info, all was well, and then clicked the button and the next page I saw was the "You have been logged out" page. I was NOT happy

Thanks for your help, guys.
[Edited by Casey_WGDJ]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)