ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Dublin show "cancelled" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th March 2006 04:54 PM
Gazza The Rolling Stones concert in Ireland this summer will not go ahead, Dublin High Court heard today.

The revelation came during a court appearance involving music promoters who were challenging the decision of the Office Of Public Works (OPW) to give permission to rival firm Aiken Promotions to stage the Dublin gig on August 18.

Senior counsel Jim O'Callaghan, representing the OPW, said he had been informed by Aiken Promotions that the concert would not be going ahead because the Rolling Stones would not be performing in Phoenix Park.

He said the OPW had no idea why the concert was not going ahead.

Senior counsel Maurice Collins, for MCD, said that it appeared the contract with the Rolling Stones had not materialised and that the band were due to play in Spain on that date.

- Belfast Telegraph -
27th March 2006 04:55 PM
voodoopug Jake drops the ball on this one...very sorry Gazza, you deserve better!
27th March 2006 05:03 PM
Gazza thanks,Puggy - but I wasnt going anyway

Even I cant blame the Cohls for this. The legal wrangling between the rival promoters appear to have killed this one. At this stage, time is running out to sell the tickets. Cant really blame the Stones for running out of patience and looking elsewhere.

Its a strangely written report. The Stones havent confirmed a show in Spain for that date as yet, although two cities seem to be in the running for a show there on August 16th, so maybe this means they'll both get a concert.

Also read elsewhere yesterday that while Phoenix Park was definitely a non starter, a show at Croke Park instead was a possible alternative.
[Edited by Gazza]
27th March 2006 05:48 PM
TomL Sorry Gazza. But it is really the Stones saying FUCK YOU GAZZA, WILL YA. I had to it was there............But I am sorry.
27th March 2006 05:58 PM
Saint Sway this never would of happened to U2
27th March 2006 05:59 PM
Joey [quote]Gazza wrote:
The Rolling Stones concert in Ireland this summer will not go ahead, Dublin High Court heard today. "

Gazza ..................................

My heart-felt condolences go out to your family and yourself .

This is a tremendous loss and I am stirred to sadness and quite visibly shaken to the core .

www.QwestCenter.com

J. Fly !

27th March 2006 06:56 PM
Soldatti A real shame for Irish fans.
27th March 2006 09:18 PM
Madafaka Awful news...
27th March 2006 09:20 PM
glencar Howe could they have topped the Point Depot shows anyway?
28th March 2006 08:30 AM
gimmekeef So a "rumoured" show was never scheduled...not a cancellation then...when politicians get involved you know everyone is getting screwed...
28th March 2006 08:35 AM
FotiniD Sorry to hear this Gazza - even if you weren't going (how come, really?)

Sorry for all the Irish fans too
28th March 2006 08:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
So a "rumoured" show was never scheduled...not a cancellation then...when politicians get involved you know everyone is getting screwed...

politicians? huh?

Substitute that word with "lawyers". LOL

(and it WASNT a 'rumoured' show. It was officially announced when the European tour dates were confirmed. Tickets just never went on sale due to the legal wrangling)
[Edited by Gazza]
28th March 2006 08:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Sorry to hear this Gazza - even if you weren't going (how come, really?)

I've no interest in "field" shows, Fotini

Plus its too close to the London shows. I might have gone had I been able to get home the same night, otherwise it would have meant coming home Saturday morning, then over to London the same day. I'll be away from home enough on this tour as it is!
28th March 2006 09:39 AM
charlotte gazza, don't worry about being away from home so much this summer...maybe I can take H on a Aegean cruise for a few weeks...just a thought... to ease your guilt
28th March 2006 10:00 AM
Joey

Gazza .........

Again , I am so sorry for your loss
28th March 2006 10:02 AM
gimmekeef Gaza....lawyers and politicians are usually one in the same arent they?...lol...I'll not count jb in there of course as he's hardly a politician!.Far too direct!!!
28th March 2006 11:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gaza....lawyers and politicians are usually one in the same arent they?...lol...I'll not count jb in there of course as he's hardly a politician!.Far too direct!!!

LOL...well I dont know if they're one and the same - although having said that, Tony Blair's wife happens to be one of the highest paid lawyers in the UK...

Despite the universal contempt I have for politicians either side of the border and on both sides of the Irish Sea, as much as I'd like to, I cant blame any of them for this particular fiasco as they werent involved

Now, if we were talkin' about the Wembley fuck up, I'd be only to happy to throw a huge helping of horseshit at our shambolic, inept and wasteful government, but thats another story....
28th March 2006 12:59 PM
Gazza Look on the bright side of all this

No 'humiliations' due to lacklustre ticket sales
No chance of the show being "Omaha"'ed
28th March 2006 01:02 PM
jb We all know the reason=U2 ticket saturation........No market for the boys. Very smart move!!!
28th March 2006 02:06 PM
jb I am also saddened for Gazza and the fact he will not be able to see the Stones in his native land. U2 simply made it economically impossible for us..........Gazza, fortunatley, used ADDA, and came to 2 greta shows here in tghe States. At this pointg, evn London looks gloomy!!! This must be a devastating time for Gazza and our other English/Irish friends. We are here for you!!!
28th March 2006 02:10 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I am also saddened for Gazza and the fact he will not be able to see the Stones in his native land. U2 simply made it economically impossible for us..........Gazza, fortunatley, used ADDA, and came to 2 greta shows here in tghe States. At this pointg, evn London looks gloomy!!! This must be a devastating time for Gazza and our other English/Irish friends. We are here for you!!!

Gazza....a shocker to hear about this. Believe that people are thinking about you and find strength where and when you can. You'll get through.

[Edited by Joey]
28th March 2006 02:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I am also saddened for Gazza and the fact he will not be able to see the Stones in his native land. U2 simply made it economically impossible for us..........Gazza, fortunatley, used ADDA, and came to 2 greta shows here in tghe States. At this pointg, evn London looks gloomy!!! This must be a devastating time for Gazza and our other English/Irish friends. We are here for you!!!

LOL..they havent played my "native land" in 41 years and as I wasn't going anyway, I guess I'll manage to get over this..but thanks!

U2 last played Dublin 14 months before the Stones were due to, so I reckon the economy has sufficiently recovered by now.

I'm still none the wiser what you mean by ADDA!
28th March 2006 02:20 PM
jb ADDA........please see Pug!!!!
28th March 2006 02:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
ADDA........please see Pug!!!!

ADDA is a strategy that I invented for use in the business/practical world. Stands for:

Assess (assess the situation and lay out all options)
Decide (make a confident/competent decision and stick to it)
Dictate (make your plans known to salient individuals)
Act (Don't talk about it only, Do it!)

your use of this when you decided to go to the NYC shows demonstrated great foresight of the potential problems with the English and Irish shows this tour. We are very proud of you! ADDA has come through again.

FYI, I will travel to your company and present this theory in an all day seminar (sack lunch included) for 100K USD plus expenses (5 star hotels only please).

Again, good work!
28th March 2006 03:00 PM
Gazza Thanks guys, now I understand. very accurate assessment too, although the NYC trip had nothing to do with what may/may not happen in Europe.

I also used it (without realising it) when I made my decision early on to "pass" on Dublin and when I decided to go to the other Euro shows it seems
[Edited by Gazza]
28th March 2006 03:09 PM
jb ADDA is notmere words, but a way of making critical, often life saving decisions. Your inadvertent use of ADDA served you well as you attended the NY Summitt, were greeted by me, saw two(2) great US shows, and have avoided the humiliation that is Dublin/Wembley.
[Edited by jb]
28th March 2006 03:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
ADDA is notmere words, but a way of making critical, often life saving decisions. Your inadvertent use of ADDA served you well as you attended the NY Summitt, were greeted by me, saw two(2) great US shows, and have avoided the humiliation that is Dublin/Wembley.
[Edited by jb]

lets not forget my "virtual greeting" via JB! Josh is one hundred percent accurate in his assessment (which, even though is the first step, it is often the most crucial).
28th March 2006 03:25 PM
jb Gazza was given a "virtual" manhug on your behalf....Sadly, we shall never meet Vodoo, who as it turn out, was correct regarding Mexico sales in contrast to the disaster that was /is Japan!!! Thankfully, higher prices for out mexican friends helped support Asia/Euro(Cohl using ADDA brilliantly).
28th March 2006 03:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Gazza was given a "virtual" manhug on your behalf....Sadly, we shall never meet Vodoo, who as it turn out, was correct regarding Mexico sales in contrast to the disaster that was /is Japan!!! Thankfully, higher prices for out mexican friends helped support Asia/Euro(Cohl using ADDA brilliantly).

the good news about the dreadful European/Asian revenue is a possible fall return to the states!
28th March 2006 03:30 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the good news about the dreadful European/Asian revenue is a possible fall return to the states!

cc:JC;MC
bc:AD
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)