ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: All The Way Down Is A Fucking Great Song Return to archive
25th March 2006 09:28 PM
Bruno It's a pity that they donīt play it. Itīs one of these "hidden" gems. Mick sings so great, such nice lyrics. Great guitars, great drumming, everything is good in the song. Iīm addicted to this one.
25th March 2006 09:33 PM
pdog I'm a big fan of Too Tough, too!
25th March 2006 11:35 PM
Prodigal Son The rockers are not the problem with Undercover. They're all up to the standard of A Bigger Bang, some superior. Undercover was only 10 tracks, while ABB was 16. Imagine ABB with its 10 best tunes; an A- up from a B+ in my mind though cause the quality's spread out over the album (make it Rough Justice, It Won't
Take Long, Rain Fall Down, Oh No Not You Again, Back of My Hand, Biggest Mistake, Driving Too Fast, Laugh I Nearly Died, Dangerous Beauty, Infamy sounds like a great one).

Undercover's mediocrity, for me, lies in the fact I just don't like the one-dimensional funk crap of "Pretty Beat up," "Feel on Baby" and "Too Much Blood." A foreshadowing of the urban-centric salsa-esque junk Mick did on his first couple albums as well as the infamous Dirty Work. The rest is alright stuff. Of the rockers:

Great-She Was Hot, Too Tight
Good-All the Way Down, Wanna Hold You
Okay-Tie You up (The Pain of Love), Undercover
subpar-It Must Be Hell (generic riff, unconvcing melody, more lyrics about world poverty from St. Mick)
26th March 2006 01:10 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Bruno wrote:
It's a pity that they donīt play it. Itīs one of these "hidden" gems. Mick sings so great, such nice lyrics. Great guitars, great drumming, everything is good in the song. Iīm addicted to this one.

I'm with ya, my favorite song on the album...
26th March 2006 06:41 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
The rockers are not the problem with Undercover. They're all up to the standard of A Bigger Bang, some superior. Undercover was only 10 tracks, while ABB was 16. Imagine ABB with its 10 best tunes; an A- up from a B+ in my mind though cause the quality's spread out over the album (make it Rough Justice, It Won't
Take Long, Rain Fall Down, Oh No Not You Again, Back of My Hand, Biggest Mistake, Driving Too Fast, Laugh I Nearly Died, Dangerous Beauty, Infamy sounds like a great one).

Undercover's mediocrity, for me, lies in the fact I just don't like the one-dimensional funk crap of "Pretty Beat up," "Feel on Baby" and "Too Much Blood." A foreshadowing of the urban-centric salsa-esque junk Mick did on his first couple albums as well as the infamous Dirty Work. The rest is alright stuff. Of the rockers:

Great-She Was Hot, Too Tight
Good-All the Way Down, Wanna Hold You
Okay-Tie You up (The Pain of Love), Undercover
subpar-It Must Be Hell (generic riff, unconvcing melody, more lyrics about world poverty from St. Mick)

There's some good postin' in it Ronnie. Great postin'!

THe only thing we don't agree is the fact the I love the whole album and such songs like "Too Much Blood" don't bother me.
26th March 2006 09:08 AM
lotsajizz It Must Be Hell is one of my favorite Charlie tracks...he is OUSTANDING on that one!

26th March 2006 02:47 PM
Bruno Love Ronnieīs solo in It Must Be Hell. It fits perfectly there.
26th March 2006 07:05 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Bruno wrote:
It's a pity that they donīt play it. Itīs one of these "hidden" gems. Mick sings so great, such nice lyrics. Great guitars, great drumming, everything is good in the song. Iīm addicted to this one.

I jammed to that tune extra loud on my way to pick up sushi last night, good one!
26th March 2006 09:36 PM
Soldatti I love it. Weak lyrics, great music.
27th March 2006 01:31 AM
The Wick I absolutely love this track. I wish they would play it at one of the club gigs- if they have any this summer.
27th March 2006 07:44 AM
Break The Spell The great thing about All The Way Down is Mick's snotty "Shattered" persona during the verses of the song, love it!! This song along with "She Was Hot", "Too Tough" and the title cut are the highlights of the album for me.
27th March 2006 12:59 PM
tumbling dice I like it.It got the same vibe of Let Me Down Slow.
27th March 2006 02:51 PM
Saint Sway I'd rank as the 5th best song they've written with "All" in the title.
27th March 2006 06:49 PM
Soldatti Thy'll never play this song, it's very hard to do and could be a mess in the middle part.
27th March 2006 07:35 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I love it. Weak lyrics, great music.

ALL THE YEARS RUSH ON BY
BIRTHDAYS ,KIDS AND SUICIDES
27th March 2006 07:39 PM
Some Guy BILL PERKS ROCKS
27th March 2006 11:10 PM
Bob Tamp A very good track on a relatively weak album.
28th March 2006 07:05 AM
Break The Spell I think they could handle it live, if they can pull of Out Of Control, Midnight Rambler and CYHMK live, they can do this one too. It won't be played live as they've pretty much abandoned their 80's material outside of Start me Up, She's So Cold and Worried About You.
28th March 2006 01:46 PM
Jaxx
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ALL THE YEARS RUSH ON BY
BIRTHDAYS ,KIDS AND SUICIDES

that used to be my "quoteline" on this board and time is an issue for me. i have always said undercover does not get the credit it deserves. the guitar riffs on "all the way down" just rage.
28th March 2006 01:57 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

that used to be my "quoteline" on this board and time is an issue for me. i have always said undercover does not get the credit it deserves. the guitar riffs on "all the way down" just rage.

Hi Jaxx, it's nice to see you posting .
28th March 2006 02:24 PM
Jaxx hey jb. just a quick "go through" before i leave for spring break.
28th March 2006 02:36 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
hey jb. just a quick "go through" before i leave for spring break.

Enjoy the beuatiful weather down here and as you enter our tropical oasis and let your imagination run free!!!!
28th March 2006 02:44 PM
Jaxx no beach vaca for me till august! we are heading up to winter park for some spring skiing. only 3 weeks left.
[Edited by Jaxx]
28th March 2006 02:49 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
no beach vaca for me till august! we are heading up to winter park for some spring skiing. only 3 weeks left.
[Edited by Jaxx]

Please be careful!!!!!!!!!!!
28th March 2006 02:54 PM
Jaxx well, thanks. warning well heeded as spring conditions can be tricky because the snow is grabby. my knee brace is already packed (along with my ipod!) heck, i may find myself with time to post for a change.
28th March 2006 03:11 PM
jb Wear protective devices/gear!!!
28th March 2006 04:35 PM
voodoopug good choice to go skiing...you will not have to deal with fish like you would in the ocean!
29th March 2006 03:29 PM
blackandblue Mediocre song on one of the worst Stones albums ever.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)