ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sirius Happy version Return to archive
24th March 2006 03:09 PM
Therocker I tried e-mailing Sirius with the following question but received no response. Sirius' Stones channel plays a version of 'Happy' that I can't place. It sounds like an outtake but probably isn't and I can't find it on any of my many boots. Does anybody know which version of that song they sometimes play aside from the original one? This has been bugging me for months! Thanks.
[Edited by Therocker]
24th March 2006 03:16 PM
Break The Spell I'm not sure what its from, but I know which version you're speaking of. It sounds great but Sirius is the only place I've heard it so far.
24th March 2006 07:12 PM
pdog I know not of any Happy outtakes on any boots...
25th March 2006 11:17 AM
sssoul is it the version from the 78 Woodstock Rehearsals?
i haven't heard it on Sirius, but someone mentioned that one of the all-Stones channels plays that one pretty regularly.
25th March 2006 12:26 PM
theanchorman Great question! Thats been bugging me too...
Sounds like Ronnie on lead...not Taylor.

It's a really crappy version too - the sound quality is horrible...

Started off with no drums...

very hard to decipher
25th March 2006 12:38 PM
sssoul >> the sound quality is horrible ...
Started off with no drums ... <<

so that indeed sounds like the 78 Woodstock Rehearsals rendition. interesting choice!
i really dig it, but the sound quality is not too brilliant.
[Edited by sssoul]
25th March 2006 04:06 PM
Therocker Thanks all. I knew I came to the right place! Anyway, I have a 4cd boot of the Woodstock rehearsals but it's incomplete and unfortunately does not include 'Happy'. Can someone please tell me where I can find it or download it. I tried the Rocks Off torrent site but it was not listed. Thanks.
26th March 2006 03:47 AM
browneyedgirl Yes, it is the '78 Woodstock rehearsals version of Happy that they play fairly regularly on Sirius. They also play a live version that sounds to me like it is '75 LA Forum. Very unusual choices!
26th March 2006 10:11 AM
gimmekeef So playing bootlegs on the air is legal now?..Or are these perhaps cleaned up Stones approved archived versions??..Very strange indeed...
26th March 2006 11:38 AM
theanchorman Yeah - I always found it so totally odd that they played this crummy boot version...

At least play one of the totally rocking version from the 72 tour
26th March 2006 02:06 PM
MRD8 They've also been playing an outtake that I don't recognize...it starts off with Mick singing what sounds like,"Knocking on the bedroom door", several times then disolves into a nice piano based jam...ring any bells for anybody?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)