ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

VIDEO HEADER: Jumping Jack Flask in Mexico City - February 26, 2006
Testing - this is a beta version ;)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Michael Cohl's Next Gig: $1500 Tix (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st March 2006 06:46 AM
SweetVirginia BARBRA TO HIT THE ROAD AGAIN

By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH and CHRIS WILSON

March 21, 2006 -- PEOPLE who love Barbra Streisand concerts are the luckiest people in the world - because the legendary songstress is doing another farewell tour, Page Six has learned.

The Brooklyn-born diva - who previously bid her fans goodbye in 2000 - is to hit the road this fall, says our insider, but there's already plenty of behind-the-scenes intrigue.

We're told that Streisand's tour will have 20 shows, in which she'll perform "in the round" from the middle of arenas. She'll be paid $2 million per show, and the best tickets will go for $1,500 a pop.

Streisand's handlers have yet to secure an opening act. "They've tried unsuccessfully for Rod Stewart, Neil Diamond and Andrea Bocelli as opening acts," says our music industry snitch. "They're trying to get [operatic vocal group] Il Divo now."

Our mole continued, "The big worry is, 'Can Barbra lose the extra 50 pounds she's put on?' She feels that confirming the dates is the only thing that will make her lose the weight.

"The promoter is Michael Cohl, who does the Rolling Stones. The industry is freaked out about her ticket prices as the greediest ever. Her manager, Marty Erlichman, has screwed [talent agency] CAA out of their involvement, so there's a lotta bad blood out there about this one."

Streisand's last "final" tour began on New Year's Eve 1999 in Las Vegas and ended at a sold-out Madison Square Garden show in September 2000, which drew the likes of Rosie O'Donnell, Sarah Jessica Parker, Penny Marshall, Madeleine Albright and Drew Barrymore.

In June of 2004, Streisand, a vocal critic of President Bush, sang at a Los Angeles fundraiser for Sen. John Kerry, raising $5 million for his campaign.

More recently, Streisand worked on a new album with former Bee Gee Barry Gibb, starred in "Meet the Fockers," and holed up at her Malibu mansion with her husband of seven years, James Brolin.

Erlichman was said to be traveling yesterday and could not be reached for comment. Streisand spokesman Ken Sunshine declined comment.

21st March 2006 06:59 AM
Break The Spell $1,500 may sound crazy, but I remember a few years ago some Madonna shows snatched up as much as $2,000 for the best seats.
21st March 2006 07:21 AM
SweetVirginia And the Barbra Streisand concert
comes complete with that handy
liberal wacko political lecture.

21st March 2006 08:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
$1,500 may sound crazy, but I remember a few years ago some Madonna shows snatched up as much as $2,000 for the best seats.

yeah..off scalpers or brokers..different ball game.. you'd get that for a Stones show too

I remember a few years ago Streisand charging a couple of grand for a new years eve show and thinking that prices like that would never happen in rock n roll because it had an entirely different type of audience and culture

So much for THAT
21st March 2006 09:10 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yeah..off scalpers or brokers..different ball game.. you'd get that for a Stones show too

I remember a few years ago Streisand charging a couple of grand for a new years eve show and thinking that prices like that would never happen in rock n roll because it had an entirely different type of audience and culture

So much for THAT

I used to think that way as well, until the mid-90's when the Eagles reunion thing happened and tickets were over $100, a first for a rock band. I was hoping it would just be them, but those prices ten years ago were a sign of things to come.
21st March 2006 09:21 AM
Angiegirl Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemories.....

Gosh, Redford looked good back then, sigh...
21st March 2006 09:23 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemories.....

Gosh, Redford looked good back then, sigh...

Well, and if you ask me, he still does
21st March 2006 09:43 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

21st March 2006 11:33 AM
jb I love Barbara and shall attend.............look for the $1500 dollar tickets for any future Stones gigs..............>?
21st March 2006 11:41 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I love Barbara and shall attend.............look for the $1500 dollar tickets for any future Stones gigs..............>?

Don't do IT! Celine will tour again, save your money for her!
21st March 2006 11:45 AM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Don't do IT! Celine will tour again, save your money for her!

You must embrace the Joey...........but for him, we all would not be here:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>Amen
21st March 2006 11:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I love Barbara and shall attend.............look for the $1500 dollar tickets for any future Stones gigs..............>?

Young Jake is at it again....he will created at least 67 multi millionaires before he retires!!!!
21st March 2006 11:49 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
You must embrace the Joey...........but for him, we all would not be here:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>Amen

We all... LOL!

21st March 2006 11:51 AM
jb The new "Pdog" has emerged.............a user friendly, illustrated poster...
21st March 2006 11:54 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
The new "Pdog" has emerged.............a user friendly, illustrated poster...

What's new is old...ect, ect...

21st March 2006 11:56 AM
jb Pretty!!!! natlie Portman is one hot, smart, Jew!!!!!!!!!
21st March 2006 12:11 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Pretty!!!! natlie Portman is one hot, smart, Jew!!!!!!!!!

Hot, smart and jew are often used to desribe us...
21st March 2006 12:48 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

True, for nearly 70!
22nd March 2006 01:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I never understood her appeal. I don't care about her politics one way or another. She seems so goddam square.
22nd March 2006 01:33 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I never understood her appeal. I don't care about her politics one way or another. She seems so goddam square.

It's a 'Jew thing"
22nd March 2006 01:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
It's a 'Jew thing"

Oh. Well she is talented and if that sort of music appeals to someone that's cool....I guess.... She does have more class that Cher though.
22nd March 2006 01:54 PM
jb
quote:

Oh. Well she is talented and if that sort of music appeals to someone that's cool....I guess.... She does have more class that Cher though.

Cher , beleive it or not, was /is one of the higherst grossing tour acts of the last decade....Her numerous "final tours" have grossed hundreds of millions of dollars.....
22nd March 2006 02:07 PM
Saint Sway this pairing makes sense

Cohl was successfully able to turn "The World Greatest R&R Band" into a cheesy Vegas Act.

maybe he can turn Streisand into a rock star.
22nd March 2006 02:09 PM
Angiegirl Isn't she hated with a passion by conservatives?

Yeah?

She'll be a star all over.
22nd March 2006 02:12 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Cher , beleive it or not, was /is one of the higherst grossing tour acts of the last decade....Her numerous "final tours" have grossed hundreds of millions of dollars.....

Yentil will kill on her next tour, she will bring in more money than U2 and The Stones combined.
22nd March 2006 02:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Cohl was successfully able to turn "The World Greatest R&R Band" into a cheesy Vegas Act.

What's the difference?
22nd March 2006 02:24 PM
Jumping Jack She is more widely hated than Bono!
22nd March 2006 02:24 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
She is more widely hated than Bono!

No............Macca takes the cake(and you pay the bar tab)...
22nd March 2006 02:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Babbs isn't as wardrobe crazy as Cher. At least Babbs takes her own music more seriously. Cher delights in the spectacle. Which is ok I guess.
22nd March 2006 02:29 PM
jb
quote:
Babbs isn't as wardrobe crazy as Cher. At least Babbs takes her own music more seriously. Cher delights in the spectacle. Which is ok I guess.

I find Cher attractive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)