ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Riff in Midnight Rambler Return to archive
03-26-04 04:57 AM
headshrinker towards the end of this song there is a big build up which then goes into a quality blues riff. i was wandering who influenced this riff (What other songs have it) coz i know i've heard it some where else.
03-26-04 11:06 AM
Taptrick Noticed no one has replied to your query. Sorry, but i don't have an answer. I don't recognize it from another tune.
03-26-04 11:20 AM
exilelib the middle section always reminds me of roy buchanan's pete's blue
03-26-04 02:24 PM
polksalad69 Hafta give it a listen, can't quite hear it in my head right now. Usually play that one on the jukebox at the bar after bowling on Friday nights. Now if I saved $18 x 4 for the 8 months I bowl, throw in some beer and "fags" maybe I could afford that Stones ticket. Nah, eight months of nada for one night of ...
03-26-04 02:33 PM
jb
03-26-04 03:03 PM
UGot2Rollme do you mean the fast part that comes towards the end of MR during GYYO?..if so, when I was a "youngin", I thought that was a Mick Taylor solo, but in my older and Wiser Times (nod to Black Crowe's song of same name) I have seen the light of Keith's guitar leading the way on one of the most beautiful, stonesiful, luciferl, soulful solos of my experience...
03-26-04 03:06 PM
jb
03-26-04 05:49 PM
headshrinker after mick says the lyric "put a fist through your steel-plated door " there is a build up and then a quality blues riff. thats the riff i'm on about
03-26-04 06:30 PM
Scottfree
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
do you mean the fast part that comes towards the end of MR during GYYO?..if so, when I was a "youngin", I thought that was a Mick Taylor solo, but in my older and Wiser Times (nod to Black Crowe's song of same name) I have seen the light of Keith's guitar leading the way on one of the most beautiful, stonesiful, luciferl, soulful solos of my experience...

Nice.......proper use of luciferl, I like your vernacular..
03-26-04 07:36 PM
polksalad69
quote:
headshrinker wrote:
after mick says the lyric "put a fist through your steel-plated door " there is a build up and then a quality blues riff. thats the riff i'm on about

Let's see, where is that cd????
03-27-04 02:42 PM
headshrinker n e 1
03-27-04 03:24 PM
polksalad69
quote:
headshrinker wrote:
after mick says the lyric "put a fist through your steel-plated door " there is a build up and then a quality blues riff. thats the riff i'm on about

Right before it goes into the main riff and then the solo on the live version? The riff in question is played over/under the lyric you mentioned above, or a varation of it. It sounds like he just stays on the chord. Just a boogie type riff. Don't know where else it's played???

BEST VIEWED HIGH