ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roy Orbison Rocks??? Return to archive
03-25-04 12:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels This guy must have been the Master of these soft, sentimentalists ballads that I always tried to avoid. But Orbison seems to pull it off.
03-25-04 12:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Plus to add insult to injury, my girlfriend likes certain C & W artists whom I loathe. I told her flat out that If she really loved me that she'd prove it by throwing that shit into the trash. I thought I'd try weaning her off that junk by buying her this Orbison greatest hits record.
03-25-04 12:56 PM
jb Very overrated..could not stand him...
03-25-04 01:14 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Plus to add insult to injury, my girlfriend likes certain C & W artists whom I loathe. I told her flat out that If she really loved me that she'd prove it by throwing that shit into the trash. I thought I'd try weaning her off that junk by buying her this Orbison greatest hits record.

Define C & W. What kinda stuff does your gal listent to?

Orbison was a great rockabilly artist first but I guess he thought that stuff was lowbrow so he went sappy.
[Edited by polksalad69]
03-25-04 01:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Very overrated..could not stand him...

Well I don't know if he's overatted or not. I know Pavoratti is a genius but I don't like the songs. So I pay zero attention to him. Once in awhile I have a Roy Orbision mood....but not very often. In those particular moods I can at least try to appreciate the genius. Which I'm sure he was. But some people like him.
03-25-04 01:19 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well I don't know if he's overatted or not. I know Pavoratti is a genius but I don't like the songs. So I pay zero attention to him. Once in awhile I have a Roy Orbision mood....but not very often. In those particular moods I can at least try to appreciate the genius. Which I'm sure he was. But some people like him.

I like his Sun stuff better. That song Elvis did is a good 'un.
03-25-04 02:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot After "Blue Velvet"(the movie), I could never hear Roy in quite the same way again.

oooooOOOOOOOOOOOOnnnnnnnnlllleeeeeee iiiiinnn dreams...
03-25-04 02:30 PM
jb I did not care for that German cross he wore.
03-25-04 02:57 PM
Prodigal Son I don't know about anyone here, but I love Roy Orbison. He wasn't ALL over-the-top ballads. Great bluesy stuff like "Ooby Dooby," "Dream Baby," "Candy Man," "Mean Woman Blues," "Pretty Woman" and all that. I'm sorry, I think he was great for a time in the early 60s. His biggest hit before "Pretty Woman," "Only the Lonely" is prolly my least favourite of his hits too. Neil Young seems to rave about him a lot. How else do you explain operatic stuff like "A Man Needs a Maid"? (good song without the overwrought orchestral touches).
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
03-25-04 03:00 PM
jb
[Edited by jb]
03-25-04 03:01 PM
Joey

03-25-04 03:03 PM
marko can�t stand his music.
03-25-04 03:03 PM
Joey

03-25-04 03:05 PM
jb http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/rwbdonkey.gif [/img]

[Edited by jb]
03-25-04 03:07 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/aproudam.gif [/img]

Please edit !!!!

03-25-04 03:11 PM
Taptrick is that a donkey asking for anal sex?
03-25-04 05:38 PM
Bloozehound
I bet he just kicked a field goal with a chubby little elephant.

[Edited by Bloozehound]

BEST VIEWED HIGH