ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Very nice Charlie Watts BBC radio interview online - great! Return to archive
03-25-04 09:59 AM
Angiegirl Breakfast with Danny Baker on BBC LONDON, March 24, 2004.

20 minutes of nice relaxed (and very funny) Charlie, talking about Jazz, Ronnie Scott's gigs, history, Bill, Keith's hair, Stones and more. Very nice interview!

You'll need RealPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/insidel...eday_2004.shtml

Thanx to Rob (DirtyWork) for the link.
03-25-04 10:18 AM
glencar Thanks for the link. I'm listening to it. Euro radio is so much more interesting than US radio.
03-25-04 10:27 AM
balancer euro radio ???!!!!!
No, no, ENGLISH radio.........
03-25-04 10:31 AM
glencar Uh yeah, right.
03-25-04 10:58 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Uh yeah, right.

03-25-04 11:32 AM
balancer get in right son, come on.
After all, I live where the Stones were born and grew up - were from England, not Europe....
03-25-04 11:36 AM
glencar Ireland has interesting radio too, bub. And so does Holland. Since I made a statement that was based on my opinion, your telling me to get it "right" is wrong. But really, this is miniscule. Let's move on, okay?
03-25-04 11:39 AM
chris girard Thanks for posting this, I just listened to it, wonderful interview.It was interesting to hear Charlie talk about Keith. I think he really likes Keith's excenticites. He talks briefly about the stuff in Keith's hair.
03-25-04 11:52 AM
balancer 'bub' ???!!!!!! please.............
03-25-04 02:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
chris girard wrote:
Thanks for posting this, I just listened to it, wonderful interview.

You're welcome. Isn't he sweet and relaxed?
03-25-04 02:59 PM
Joey " You're welcome. Isn't he sweet and relaxed? "

03-25-04 04:17 PM
Lil Brian Interesting how he mentions Edith Grove again.
They must have had quite a time there.
03-25-04 06:09 PM
chris girard You're welcome. Isn't he sweet and relaxed?

Charlie has class,enough said. His jazz influence on the Stones has brought them to another level of R & R which few if any others have reached. I really apprecaite your posting that and it was a real treat to listen to it today. I'm home with a wicked cold so it made me feel a bit better. The secret home remedy for a bad cold is the following: a large cup of tea, those big European cups are good, fill 3/4 with hot tea, pour Southern Comfort in the other 1/4 cup and then lay on the sofa, put on the headphones and listen to the Stones. I listened to the Milan concert this afternoon and drank my tea after Charile's interview. Now you know the secret remedy for colds.....see ya Chris
03-26-04 09:51 PM
LadyJane Thanks for the link Angie!

Always great to listen to Mr. Watts!!

LJ.
03-27-04 09:56 PM
Daethgod great interview !

have a listen, 5 mins in Charlie says "we are touring again next year, which we have never done.. which stops the jazz thing ..."

YES BABY

Stones are going round again !

03-28-04 01:08 PM
Monkey Woman Thank you Charlie, you're the best!
03-28-04 07:31 PM
cwatts0462 charlie says bill wyman crossed the line
and would not be welcome back if he wanted back in the stones, very interesting to hear, and i agree
03-29-04 06:32 AM
Doxa England does not belong to Europe? Well, my teacher of georaphy got it all wrong, I guess..

But then, what a hec are David Beckham and the other lads doing in the European Cup finals in the following summer at Portugal? Strange, indeed..

- Doxa
03-29-04 11:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
cwatts0462 wrote:
charlie says bill wyman crossed the line
and would not be welcome back if he wanted back in the stones,

Ouch!!! I hate conflict.
03-29-04 12:27 PM
Hannalee It sounded to me as though Charlie was doing his deadpan act. In any case, Bill's perfectly happy doing his own thing (there's an interview with him on the same site, in which he mentions seeing the Stones at Wembley and his daughter's reaction that he told Charlie about.)
03-29-04 03:11 PM
jb

BEST VIEWED HIGH