ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'll be your Dylan fan tonight. Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-25-04 09:03 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Right, so I went to the Dylan concert this Wednesday. It wasn't a uniformly fantastic show like some of the boots I've gotten, but damn, the man himself was *on fire*, laughing and shooting the crowd looks, snarling and groaning like he meant it. Bootlegs don't do this "new voice" justice because they can't quite pick it up... fuck, he was fantastic. It bothered me that he didn't play the guitar, but both guitarists had some really great solos. A few songs fell really flat (my friends and I were looking at each other with the "how long is this going to drag on?" stare during "Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again") but when he rocked, he rocked. The version of "Summer Days" was the best I've ever heard, ever, and the crowd came damn near close to moshing during the solos, and Bob loved every second of it. I made him crack up during one of the verses by mouthing the words while dancing and, when he shot a glance in my direction, bugging my eyes out and singing the last line with him.

Someone yelled "Rocks off, Bob!" right next to me... anyone else from here go or were they just suggesting that old Basement Tapes song?

Anyone have a ticket for Friday? I'd gladly buy one to see him again. I think this was just a warm-up for things to come.

[edit: I'll post a full review later.]

-tSYX --- Get yer rocks offa me!
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
03-25-04 09:53 AM
Lazy Bones Bob fever's in the air. Glad you enjoyed it.

Some reviews, here:
http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/032404r.html
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
03-25-04 11:38 AM
Martha "I made him crack up during one of the verses by mouthing the words while dancing and, when he shot a glance in my direction, bugging my eyes out and singing the last line with him."

WTF?!!!!!! Holy Shit! Do you realize what HAPPENED to you at that "shot you a glance moment"; Savage and Young????? You are now and forever more....blessed with Rock and Roll on YOUR side! Trust me...you have been blessed. You will never be quite the same. Wait and see.

I am humbled by your experience. Thank you for sharing it and I look forward to more. If the phone does not ring (which it prolly won't) today, I finally have a day set aside to write my reviews of Detroit. Sorry to take this long on that. Life had a different schedule waiting on me than the one I planned on. LOL

Go to the show Savage, Friday the best IS yet to come!

"Summer Days" can blow your head off can't it! I still go to my TMR Louisville 4/30/03 boot and stick my head in the speaker when that one comes on. Killer!!!!

".......things have changed"

03-25-04 11:41 AM
glencar Setlist?
03-25-04 11:59 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy 1. Maggie's Farm
2. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
3. Lonesome Day Blues
4. Just Like A Woman
5. Things Have Changed
6. Tell Me That Isn't True
7. Highway 61 Revisited
8. Can't Wait
9. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
10. High Water (For Charlie Patton)
11. It Ain't Me Babe
12. Honest With Me
13. Saving Grace
14. Summer Days

---

15. Cat's In The Well -->
16. Like A Rolling Stone
17. All Along The Watchtower

-tSYX --- It ain't me babe, no, no, no...
03-25-04 01:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nice Xyzzy.

All of you'se guys n gals are gettin' me all juiced up for April 3rd.

Sometimes I get so giddy about going to see Bob...that I forget that I'll be seeing Bowie in just a few days.

"Things Have Changed" is a wonderful song.
03-25-04 02:53 PM
Prodigal Son Wow, and BOB shot a glance at you of all people. This guy is not exactly easy to get a friendly acknowledgement from unless he knows you. That really is a rock n' roll blessing.
03-25-04 07:50 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks for that tSYX

glad to hear you had a good time

i wonder if it means anything to bob that he's still attracting fans as young as yourself who seem to be totally into it - i expect he gets as much from you as you do from him

"you're a big boy now,ronnie"
03-25-04 11:02 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Here's the aforementioned full review.

PRE-SHOW: If you want to go, go now, even though you're gonna wait all night. It was well worth showing up a couple hours early to get close to the front. A friend of mine managed through a series of well-timed openings to get to the front row (bastard), but I could see Bob unobstructed from five rows back.

He came onstage around 7:45 to incredible amounts of applause. He was dressed in a garish purple jacket and wore a plain black hat. We drowned out the prerecorded introduction totally, and he kicked off with...

MAGGIE'S FARM: Good, hard, driving, rock. Got the crowd moving early. Unlike the "Hard Rain" version, this one was laden with a sort of menacing tone. We danced and jived and yelled. From the beginning, it was obvious he was having a good time. He picked out a woman in the front row who kept dancing like a total fool and smiled at her the whole night, though he definitely looked up and around during this song. The college kids pressed up against the left wall loved it, so he kept doing it.

I'LL BE YOUR BABY TONIGHT: A bit of a shift, and a nice song, but in the wrong slot, I think. He needed another rocker, but he gave this instead, which was energetic but in a different sort of way. Nice slide, though.

LONESOME DAY BLUES: Awwww yeah. Honestly my favorite song on Love And Theft, and while I don't like the new key I love the words and he moaned and growled like there was no tomorrow. The solos from both guitarists were very good. The girls who were with me swooned for Freddy Koella or whatever his name is.

JUST LIKE A WOMAN: Uhh... it wasn't *bad*, again, the slide was nice, but it was just kinda... there. Forgettable, I guess.

THINGS HAVE CHANGED: Swampy, snarly and fantastic. Bob really sneered it out, and the guitarists shone. Per this forum I've read that generally Larry Cambell is more well-regarded than the new guy, and initially he really did generate quite a presence with his solos - but Koella soon caught up, making for a pretty good guitar evening.

TELL ME THAT ISN'T TRUE: I'll be honest with you, if only I knew. I have no recollection of this being played. It couldn't've been *bad* or I'd've remembered it with a cringe... but this was just... there, I guess. It snuck by.

HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED: I find it interesting that the songs Dylan and the band really shone on were the songs that they'd been playing for years and years. Some people have usually said "same old", but these "standbys" Wednesday night were the lifeblood of the show. Again, both guitarists showed their chops, with Koella sort of trying to keep up during the solo break but trying to look cool (the girls with me swooned again - this was getting annoying - and who was that woman Bob kept looking at?) I think it was during this song that Bob looked out at all of us (vaguely in the direction of the college kids), flashed a Cheshire Cat grin for about a hundredth of a second, and went right back to braying. The crowd loved it. He was having a very good time.

CAN'T WAIT: Very quiet and menacing - without the sonic haze that accompanies it on Time Out Of Mind, this song's dynamite. My only complaint is that it seemed to build and build and build... then end. And that wouldn't've been so bad if not for...

STUCK INSIDE OF MOBILE WITH THE MEMPHIS BLUES AGAIN: Weakest number of the evening. On the record it's long and the melody's repetitive but you don't care because it's a cleverly-worded song that keeps you going. His phrasing on this rendition, in those shallow gasps of his, buried the words, leaving... well... a long and meandering bit of nothing.

HIGH WATER (FOR CHARLIE PATTON): Redeemed. This hard, funky rendition really does it for me. I like the record version a lot, too, but in a different way - it's like what any great cover should be - different but recognizable, likeable in a totally different way, a la, oh, I don't know, Watchtower?

IT AIN'T ME BABE: A defining moment of the evening for me. Wow, this rendition kicks serious ass. It sounds almost punkish, but a little bit slower. The guitarists (Teen Idol Freddie on mandolin) play one chord, then there's a break where he sings, they play a chord, he sings, it brings the tension up until it can't go any higher... *BAM*!, "It ain't me babe! No, no, no, it ain't me babe!" Bless the man. I went home, figured out the chords they played, and as of Thursday night, my band and I currently play this version, faster and angrier, and we jump up and down and yell "It ain't meeee, babe!" as loud as we can. Thank you, Bob.

HONEST WITH ME: Great rendition. Really rocking hard. Dylan looks out at the audience and has a great time, again, really comfortable. He lets the "I'm huntin' bare!" line go with a chuckle. The audience is moving again, and, according to the keyboardist in my band (who came with me), we'll be learning this tomorrow.

SAVING GRACE: Nice song... why's that second drummer (Richie Haywood, his name is?) gaping like a fish all the time? It was a bit of a steam-releaser after "Honest With Me", almost like the deeeeep breath before...

SUMMER DAYS: Holy fucking shit. This was *fantastic*. Unlike "It Ain't Me Babe", the sorta spiritual high point, this was like flashbacks to the White Stripes concert in Lowell where everyone swayed and moved in a body. The music as *so good*... it started out strong, Bob sang a while, smiled, said something to the woman in the front, looked around, and when he shot me a glance for a second, I (singing along) swung my head forward, bugged my eyes out and finished the last line with him, causing him to crack up. I wonder how many kids he gets who can follow along to the Love And Theft tunes? (Probably too many.) The solos just brought it up to a whole 'nother level, and we finally learned why Teen Idol Freddie was in the band. Damn, he just ripped through it with Larry, but it was obvious that he was just unstoppable throughout the song.

Bob gets up after, smiles, goes up, stands in the center, giving the occasional thumbs-up and surveying the crowd. Then he goes out. The crowd goes *berzerk*. He comes back when he feels like it and dances right into...

CAT'S IN THE WELL: OK, I started following the Dylanpool last summer when I was bored for two weeks. When he started playing this, I downloaded it so I could hear just what the hell it was, and it struck me as a nice little tune. The live boots I've heard thus far have been OK... nothing spectacular. Tonight, he really got the crowd into it. Larry's solo was heart-stopping, and when he bellowed "G'night, mah love, may the lawwwd have mercy on us all!" we went wild. Then there was a thump, and...

LIKE A ROLLING STONE: No breath-catching here. It's odd to hear him bray through the song that made his original wail so famous, but I got over it. The way the guitars cut out during the chorus is very cool and really lets Bob just do whatever the hell he wants. We're all grooving and having a good time. The song ends, he gets up and introduces the band and has such a good time he makes a joke - "George's got a toe problem. We had to call in a tow truck. That's why I've got another drummer here." The crowd groans good-naturedly, in a sort of "You are Bob Dylan and that is an excusable joke" fashion.

ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER: Yeah, rocking, rolling, driving it's way to a conclusion. Both guitarists shine, but what else is new?

And that's it. We all stick around in the hopes of a Jack White or "Get Out Of Denver" moment, but it doesn't happen, so we go home, very sore in the legs but happy in the head.

Overall, few sour moments, and a couple of forgettable ones, but this concert was great. What energy from this guy. If rock'n'roll took lessons from him all this garbage on the radio would never survive.

Please, someone, find me a ticket for tomorrow!

-tSYX --- Leave at your own chosen speed...
03-25-04 11:19 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
The song ends, he gets up and introduces the band and has such a good time he makes a joke - "George's got a toe problem. We had to call in a tow truck. That's why I've got another drummer here." The crowd groans good-naturedly, in a sort of "You are Bob Dylan and that is an excusable joke" fashion.

Xyzzy - have you checked out the site expectingrain.com

it has a section which features a whole swag of bob's "jokes" and one-liners - including one similiar to the one you quoted

here's the link

http://www.expectingrain.com/jokes.html

two of my favourites:

"My ex-wife left me again. She's a tennis player. Love means nothing to her."

"Nice to be here. One of my early girlfriends was from
Milwaukee. She was an artist. She gave me the brush-off."

you should have a look - maybe you could incorporate some of the material into your band's act

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
03-26-04 01:58 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Nice Xyzzy.

All of you'se guys n gals are gettin' me all juiced up for April 3rd.

Did you see where he's playing April 2nd? Just announced.

9:30 Club!

I wish I could go everywhere, and see everything!

Is Nanky coming on the 3rd? We need to do the queue and get up front.
03-26-04 02:49 AM
Martha Savage your review is hilariously entertaining. I loved reading it.

I just spent all night writing my Detroit review but it is so damn long I don't know if I can post it. I'm serious! Shit.

FPM, What is the capacity of the 9:30 Club? I want to go with you to ALL of the shows too!!!!!!!
03-26-04 07:49 AM
Sir Stonesalot Damn, the 9:30 huh? They finally confirmed it?

Damn.

You can pack maybe 5-600 in there...if everyone agrees to get all sardine-like.
03-26-04 08:38 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
I just spent all night writing my Detroit review but it is so damn long I don't know if I can post it. I'm serious! Shit.

Don't think twice...
03-26-04 10:12 AM
nankerphelge Yeah -- so he's hitting 9:30 on Fryday, AU on Sat and the Warner Theater on Sun or Mnday -- not a bad little treat for DC! Of the 3, the Warner would be the smallest place.

But anyhow, yes I am going on Saturday FPM -- I PM'd Stoney with some info on a pre-show party. Let me know when y'all are planning on getting into town -- we can get together ahead of time and do some shit!
03-26-04 10:20 AM
Factory Girl Where is the 9:30 show posted?
03-26-04 10:45 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Where is the 9:30 show posted?

http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/dates.html#0325
03-26-04 11:42 AM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yeah -- so he's hitting 9:30 on Fryday, AU on Sat and the Warner Theater on Sun or Mnday -- not a bad little treat for DC! Of the 3, the Warner would be the smallest place.

It just occured to me - DUH - that Bob's itinerary on this leg of the Never-Ending Tour was probably influenced by the Stones' Licks Tour. Except Bob plays small-smaller-tiny places - no stadiums on the top end. Bob just ain't a stadium act.

quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
But anyhow, yes I am going on Saturday FPM -- I PM'd Stoney with some info on a pre-show party. Let me know when y'all are planning on getting into town -- we can get together ahead of time and do some shit!

Well, SS is driving. It's entirely up to him. I'd love to see ya - and is Martha in town?? I need to give that girl a hug!

I want to get in line plenty early. It's worth it to invest the time to get up front at a GA show - there's a gigantic difference between seeing Bob from the first 10 rows and seeing him from the stands.

I am plenty stoked to see Bob - I usually see him at least once a year, but I think the last time I saw him was in '02. Or '01??? I'm way overdue.

Music aside, going to see Bob has always struck me as like going to see Abraham Lincoln or Mark Twain or some other semi-mythic Great American. He's a national treasure so it's somehow fitting to see him in DC at American University.

See ya there!
03-26-04 12:02 PM
Martha "and is Martha in town?? I need to give that girl a hug!"

Waaaaaahhhhh!!!! I want to give you a Big hug too FPM! BTW, I did vote for hypnomonkey, he's so cute.....lol

I am now counting the hours. Will learn before noon tomorrow IF we scored two tickets for the Orange Peel club show in Asheville the 9th. If we do I get to meet our very own Nasty Habits! I luckily have a girlfriend living there who I've known since I was 14 and she agreed to get our ticktes for us. She checked in with me today in fact. We'll see. The Peel has a 942 capacity. Selling ONLY at the box office...no phone orders.

How is the 9:30 Club selling their tickets for Bob's show? Same deal? Took 'em long enough to announce it.

I REALLY wish I had the bucks to make all three shows in DC and meet ALL of you.......I wish that something awful.....but I just can't manage it. :-(

Of course, :-) Bob is coming back to tour the States in August (he will have 53 shows in the bag by then...hehehe)....so .....we'll see what happens then. Perhaps a Fall gathering can shape up?! Come to Ohio I have luxury accomodations for at least 7 people! hehehe Well, make that 6, TMR has a reserved room always on hold just for such occasions!

Lazy, I really don't know about posting my Detroit reviews.....It's gonna take up three friggin' pages! Yikes!

"I ain't gonna work for Maggies Pa no more"
03-26-04 12:08 PM
Factory Girl Thank you, Lazy.
03-26-04 12:10 PM
Joey
Thanks Everyone for being ................................................Well .......................YOU !

03-26-04 12:11 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy FPM, how big's the AU venue? The keyboardist in my band, who saw him at a terrible FleetCenter show in '02, said seeing him in a big echoey arena with no crowd interaction versus a jam-packed in a club was like night and day. I'll be interested to see if it's a bigger room and what he does to compensate - if anything.

-tSYX --- I'll die before I turn senile...
03-26-04 12:20 PM
Joey DREAMS , CHILD , DREAMS ..............................

( A Review by The Joey : Dateline , March 21st , 2004 )

Just Because A Rock and Roll Ghost isn't a Demon like Mick Jagger or Iggy Pop doesn't mean that the Ghost is interesting . The MaxLugar is Proof of that ............

Maxy must be properly seen as , in fact IS , a Ghost living a Fantasy . With Past Postings , that fantasy invited links and parallels with wider issues : The Determination and Resilience it offered were publicly and personally worthwhile virtues . Now , Dear Reader , the fantasy has worn thin and downright giddy from being spun far , far too many times .

Indeed , it's an unreal world , a world that Max helped to create and a world he now perpetuates , needlessly . Its bounds and pressing concerns are superficial and repugnant . When one man and his fantasy can do no better than to produce a string of irrelevant personal postcards steeped in Hungover Hippy Talk , it is time for him to QUIT POSTING . Period !

The MaxLugar is a slave , not a creator . He is asking us to accept him as part of a story - a story that has no value and always ends in a cul - de - sac of Defeatist Manic Depression or Self - Consolation . This latest post of Maxy's is pure Amateur Spiritualism for Acid Casualties ! For Pete's sake Max , How much longer are we all going to have to endure your irrelevant fantasies ?

Developing .......................................

Shiver ...........................................

I Thank You All For Your Time Today !

The Joey , Established 1999 .
03-26-04 12:31 PM
Martha Joey, are you trying to make Maxy cry like a baby?
03-26-04 12:39 PM
Joey " Joey, are you trying to make Maxy cry like a baby? "

Hello My Stonesian Queen .......................

No , not with THAT post ! .......Ah , but THIS one is an entirely different matter :

" Maxy's musings are all but thrown away , tethered to a formula they've plainly outgrown . This post is basically an old Warhorse , loyally serving out its time in Harness to a Blinkered Determination : The Rolling Stones will stand , right up to the day they all collectively keel over backwards ( twenty / thirty years ) from now . Either that , or else this particular writing of Maxy's is a monument ; grand , stately and proud , but now caked in Pigeon Shit and completely ignored by a new generation of posters who populate Stones' Message Boards . Regardless , there must be other avenues found .....................

But I digress .................For it is but one word that comes to mind as I read this latest manifesto -- " Conceit " . Yet , the conceit requires a suspension of disbelief and reality : The MaxLugar as Statesman offering a set of mouldy memoirs , vague and Pig - Headed . Indeed , the words are unproductive and dogmatic , they stand in only one dimension , which is that of their own selfish and worthless world . They don't contribute to a dialogue at all , thus making it virtually impossible to imagine any sort of cogency or tension being mustered by the author .

I Thank You ALL for Your Time !

The Joey , Established 1999 !

Quality .................Visionary .................Joey ! "

Masterful !!!! No ?!?!?!

03-26-04 12:48 PM
Joey
Or Perhaps THIS :

" Inchoate longings ....................You all remember inchoate longings ................................those incipient yearnings of yore when an individual could write with the purest of magic and fire the reader with crisp , compact musings whilst offering definitive evidence that burning out and rusting are by no means the only alternatives left to superannuated Stones' Message Board Posters . Well , ............ this latest effort by the MaxLugar is as far away from what posting must surely be as it is possible to get . Indeed , I could sense shadows and taunting remnants of times when Max was vital , when he was striking , angry and exploring . But this showcase is a deeply depressing and an unashamed rite of irrelevant , empty nostalgia and its unsatisfying , predictable triumph relying on past feats , the regressive belief of his flock and, most pathetically , props , gimmicks and his standard poses .

If readers were inspired by what those old posts of Maxy's once meant , it doesn't mean anything now . This is unnecessary nostalgia : Unforgivably clinging to the past ; a damning diversion of spirit -- anything but fine posting -- such a static , stagnant waste of energy leaves one frustrated close to tears , and when the darkness falls and the effects hit home , cynical close to hateful . Pity is probably the only true reaction . MaxLugar does not need to flop back -- He's already done everything that he needs to -- the challenges went a long time ago . All that's left are revival posts.

Maxy's post is an appalling exhibition of complacancy . So Sad. So Unnecessary . "

03-26-04 01:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot So Joey....where'd you clip and paste those from?

At least you didn't double up on your "hack factor" by posting emoticons with your filtched text.
03-26-04 01:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot My Dearest Joe Joe The Dog Faced Boy...

" Inchoate longings ....................You all remember inchoate longings ................................those incipient yearnings of yore when an individual could write with the purest of magic and fire the reader with crisp , compact musings whilst offering definitive evidence that burning out and rusting are by no means the only alternatives left to superannuated Stones' Message Board Posters . Well , ............ this latest effort by Joey is as far away from what posting must surely be as it is possible to get . Indeed , I could sense shadows and taunting remnants of times when Joey was vital , when he was striking , angry and exploring . But this showcase is a deeply depressing and an unashamed rite of irrelevant , empty nostalgia and its unsatisfying , predictable triumph relying on past feats , the regressive belief of his flock and, most pathetically , props , gimmicks and his standard poses .

If readers were inspired by what those old posts of Joey's once meant , it doesn't mean anything now . This is unnecessary nostalgia : Unforgivably clinging to the past ; a damning diversion of spirit -- anything but fine posting -- such a static , stagnant waste of energy leaves one frustrated close to tears , and when the darkness falls and the effects hit home , cynical close to hateful . Pity is probably the only true reaction . Joey does not need to flop back -- He's already done everything that he needs to -- the challenges went a long time ago . All that's left are revival posts.

Joey's post is an appalling exhibition of complacancy . So Sad. So Unnecessary . "

"Joey's musings are all but thrown away , tethered to a formula they've plainly outgrown . This post is basically an old Warhorse , loyally serving out its time in Harness to a Blinkered Determination : The Rolling Stones will stand , right up to the day they all collectively keel over backwards ( twenty / thirty years ) from now . Either that , or else this particular writing of Joey's is a monument ; grand , stately and proud , but now caked in Pigeon Shit and completely ignored by a new generation of posters who populate Stones' Message Boards . Regardless , there must be other avenues found .....................

But I digress .................For it is but one word that comes to mind as I read this latest manifesto -- " Conceit " . Yet , the conceit requires a suspension of disbelief and reality : The Joey as Statesman offering a set of mouldy memoirs , vague and Pig - Headed . Indeed , the words are unproductive and dogmatic , they stand in only one dimension , which is that of their own selfish and worthless world . They don't contribute to a dialogue at all , thus making it virtually impossible to imagine any sort of cogency or tension being mustered by the author .

Just Because A Rock and Roll Ghost isn't a Demon like Mick Jagger or Iggy Pop doesn't mean that the Ghost is interesting . Joey is Proof of that ............

Joey must be properly seen as , in fact IS , a Ghost living a Fantasy . With Past Postings , that fantasy invited links and parallels with wider issues : The Determination and Resilience it offered were publicly and personally worthwhile virtues . Now , Dear Reader , the fantasy has worn thin and downright giddy from being spun far , far too many times .

Indeed , it's an unreal world , a world that Joey helped to create and a world he now perpetuates , needlessly . Its bounds and pressing concerns are superficial and repugnant . When one man and his fantasy can do no better than to produce a string of irrelevant personal postcards steeped in Hungover Hippy Talk , it is time for him to QUIT POSTING . Period !

The Joey is a slave , not a creator . He is asking us to accept him as part of a story - a story that has no value and always ends in a cul - de - sac of Defeatist Manic Depression or Self - Consolation . This latest post of Joey's is pure Amateur Spiritualism for Acid Casualties ! For Pete's sake Joey , How much longer are we all going to have to endure your irrelevant fantasies?

Whew. That was hard.

Joey = Pat Boone
03-26-04 01:59 PM
Nasty Habits Bob Dylan at the Orange Peel. The mind just boggles. April 9 is going to be just beautiful.

Hope you get in, Martha!

03-26-04 04:26 PM
Joey " So Joey....where'd you clip and paste those from? "

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!?!

www.Hackwriters.com
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH