ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones 78, Some boys on tour Return to archive
03-24-04 07:27 AM
meauro � STONES 78, SOME BOYS ON TOUR �
Still and always the STONES on tour in the USA during the SEVENTIES (3 magic words for a great passion!)
I did it again : I�ve search, find, miss ? ! a lot of magazinne (US for the greater part), daily, to collect a lot of reports, pics � about the 1978 US Tour.
A lot of time, work and passion to make this new press-book about the maybe, less Stones US tour press coverage.
Another trip, another Stones�saga to live �
email me.
[email protected]
03-24-04 12:49 PM
jb Yes.
03-24-04 01:14 PM
riccardo I can tell you this book is really great! Jean Marie a great guy!
03-24-04 01:16 PM
jb Indeed.
03-24-04 02:09 PM
zebulon
quote:
meauro wrote:� STONES 78, SOME BOYS ON TOUR �

Oh yes!

How about this:
Exhibition in Duesseldorf, Germany: "The Rolling Stones �- An Unseen Diary". Photos of Simon Sykes beeing 3 months on tour with the boys during the 1975 "Tour of the Americas".
Infos (in german: http://www.dw-world.de/german/0,3367,1558_A_1147386_1_A,00.html)

cheers,
zebulon AT stonesnews.com
03-24-04 02:10 PM
Joey
quote:
meauro wrote:
� STONES 78, SOME BOYS ON TOUR �
Still and always the STONES on tour in the USA during the SEVENTIES (3 magic words for a great passion!)
I did it again : I�ve search, find, miss ? ! a lot of magazinne (US for the greater part), daily, to collect a lot of reports, pics � about the 1978 US Tour.
A lot of time, work and passion to make this new press-book about the maybe, less Stones US tour press coverage.
Another trip, another Stones�saga to live �
email me.
[email protected]

03-25-04 08:26 AM
meauro Zebulon,
last year in London (during the UK leg of the tour)I seen this exhibition of the Christopher sykes pics he did during the 1975 tour.
The pics are really great, and what a shame they are not include in the book on this tour 75 (the Annie Leibovitz and Chistopher Sykes).
When I finally got this book (3 years ago now) I have a little d�ception about the choice of the pics (artistic choice !!!) a lot of them are not so great as the photo you can see in the Chistopher sykes exhibition. But at this time C.Sykes was a young photograph and I think it's A.Leibowitz who choice the pics to put in the book ...bad choice for a lot of them !
03-25-04 10:12 AM
glencar Why is this a sticky?
03-25-04 03:53 PM
jb
03-26-04 04:15 PM
zebulon
quote:
meauro wrote:
Zebulon,
last year in London (during the UK leg of the tour)I seen this exhibition of the Christopher sykes pics he did during the 1975 tour.

thanks meauro, for the tips. I'll get me one of the catalogues (only 36 pages, I have heard). Nice way of waiting for the next great things to happen.

BTW, the press reacts, the first 2 can be found unter http://stonesnews.com ...

cheers,
zebulon

BEST VIEWED HIGH