ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why are you people not excited?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-26-04 04:40 PM
Angiegirl They could sell it for 2 if they left out the first part of the name probably.
03-26-04 05:11 PM
Gazza >That would be nice but remember that in the NY area at least, BS performed 15 shows or something like that. Anyone who wanted tix could get them. Except me. I had a long-planned vacation at the same time

well..I was referring to the 1999-2000 tour. But the thing I was talking about happened throughout the entire tour, not just the shows in New York. Obviously thats his #1 market in the US but the system they used worked as much for fans in Arizona or Texas as it did for New York and New Jersey, but obviously for a smaller number of shows as the demand wouldnt have been as great there.

The bottom line is that scalpers are going to make the bulk of their profits on seats in the front few rows, not in nosebleeds or seats at the back of the arena. With a system like this, you basically take them out of the equation and pretty much ensure that the people who get the best seats are the people who were online (or in-line!) at the right time when they went on sale. No need to price most people out of it by jacking up prices with some meaningless excuse that its to avoid scalpers. (..and IMO selling the tix to ticketbrokers is basically legalised scalping anyway and completely hypocritical)
03-26-04 06:39 PM
Bloozehound All this talk has got me excited!!

03-27-04 02:19 AM
MarthaMyDear Where did all of this "real Stones fan" crap start anyways?!?!?! Does anyone know how retarded that actually sounds?!?!?! I'm SORRY but I don't know what's worse: A guy bragging about how big his dick is and/or how much money someone makes or THAT (?!?!?!)!!! If it is said in the context of, say: I'm a real fan and you're not because I've seen more shows and/or have more boots and/or buy more merchandise than you, etc. (stalking not excluded... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P ), then we as a species must surely examine the fact that there IS life after kindergarden... lol......... I mean, COMMON!!! lol............. I'm sure it's not the BEST pick-up line in the world!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh... To ponder (and then quite quickly, as if imitating a tornado... MOVE ON!!!!!!!!! lol................ :P lol........... )... Just being silly (but somewhat serious... lol............. :P )... Anyways, PEACE!!! Rock on!!!

*** Martha ***
03-27-04 02:23 AM
Bloozehound i'm a "true fan"

stones rule u bastards!
[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-27-04 02:32 AM
kahoosier ahhhh, Gazza, thanks for reminding me about the terror I was feeling at Sticky Fingers, and indeed throughout the night before the show sitting on the street, all the way up to when the e-bay barker did show up at last minute! LMAO no wonder I am happier with ticket brokers, less stress! Anyhow, hope to catch you at some shows of the next tour, and if I happen to luck into an extra ticket in a good seat, lol, u can have first dibs!
03-27-04 02:56 AM
MarthaMyDear Oh, my God, Bloozehound... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEZE!!! That pic. fricking freaks me out!!! LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soon... This board surely DOES need to be renamed the asylum (I GET TO BE JACK NICHOLSON FIRST SPRAYING WATER EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA!!! HA!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! LAUGHING!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P )!!! Just playing... lol....... Kind of... LOL!!!!!!!!!! :P Gary's gonna be organizing another get-together in England, Steve, and I hope to see you there!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just thought of that and he doesn't know it yet but he's elected... LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see a red brick and it's heading for my head... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!! OK.!!! Time to calm down... lol............. NOT!!! lol......... Sigh... Need some herbal tea, obviously... LAUGHING!!!!!!! Just playing-around... Take care and PEACE!!! Rock on!!!

*** Martha ***
03-27-04 07:01 AM
kahoosier LMAO who needs to elect him Martha? You have APPOINTED him and that should be enough. Count me in, I'm saving the money right now, first round of drinks for the "repeaters" is on me!
[Edited by kahoosier]
03-27-04 07:29 AM
MarthaMyDear I AM FRIGGIN' THERE!!!!!!!!!!! BEHAVING (unlike today)!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!! Ugh... lol................................. :P I'll behave and be nice (I promise everyone)!!! Now, all I have to do is get past the panicking about my debts but at least it sounds like it MIGHT be next year for Europe so I know I'll be ok.!!! If I have to, I'll work alot more... It's definitely worth it!!! I had a great time at Sticky Fingers the last time and I'm up for wherever people would want to meet this time!!! I've
been into traveling 'cause, basically, I never do (except when I was alot younger) and I ain't getting any younger so traveling ALONE is fun, to say the least!!! And, getting out of town now and then doesn't hurt either!!! Trust me... lol............ :P

Anyways, I'll see you there, HOPEFULLY, and take care!!! PEACE!!! TAKE CARE!!!

*** Martha ***
03-27-04 09:43 AM
glencar Martha, there are fans of the band & then there are those who go because it's the thing to do. Maybe they're seeing the Stones for the historical value.
03-27-04 04:17 PM
Gazza >Gary's gonna be organizing another get-together in England, Steve, and I hope to see you there!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just thought of that and he doesn't know it yet but he's elected...

+++BLANK FRIGGIN' STARE+++

03-27-04 05:58 PM
MarthaMyDear HA!!! HA!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
racking-up... HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol........... :P
AS SOON AS THE ANNOUNCEMENT'S MADE, YOU'LL BE-A-GOIN' TO
WORK!!! lol...................... :P
LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, then finally!!! :

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!!
lol.................. :P ROCK ON!!! lol......
You'll be GREAT!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P Take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON, BROTHAH!!!
lol....... PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
03-27-04 10:18 PM
MarthaMyDear Hi, glencar... I know about that in regards to what you say about fans, etc., but I was thinking about something else (I think it must have been a REALLY old argument a LONG time ago and possibly not on this board (?!?!?!)... Why does the name jb come to mind?!?!?! LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVERMIND!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just playing... I'm being mock-pissed-off a little bit... Probably just fricking glad the weekend is here... To say the extreme least!!! Anyways, take care and ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH