ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Matthew Mulcahy
b. October 1, 1964 d. March 31, 2004
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why are you people not excited?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-24-04 02:57 AM
Jacobesque Hello
I can remember everyone being revved up to the point of overheating the last time the rumours started us up.
Realize that it has now been confirmed by RS.com and others,,,

THE STONES ARE RELEASING A NEW STUDIO ALBUM THIS YEAR
THE STONES ARE TOURING THE UNITED STATES IN 2005.

Let it sink in, and then piss your pants.
I cant wait to see them compete albums with that rap and most of this new rock shit. This is going to be a CULTURAL REVIVAL of renewed respect and awe for the Stones. Loud stereos will blast Keiths wall of sound and choppy riffs instead of the same old MTV sex bling bling bullshit that ruins kids. Get ready, its coming, you can't stop it! They have more PR than ever right before an album and tour, so its our job to promote it by word of mouth, get them on MTV, get them on 10 Spot. You kids want a violent, badass bling bling role model? Its Keith!! His image must be pushed to these confused children. THe revolution has begun right here!!
03-24-04 03:18 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Im Excited Im excited!!!!! Keith! Keith! Keith! Keith!!!!!!
03-24-04 04:09 AM
Bloozehound Pissin' good news!!!
03-24-04 02:33 PM
quackenbush [quote]Jacobesque wrote:
Hello
I can remember everyone being revved up to the point of overheating the last time the rumours started us up.

{quote)

Excitement will build as more information comes in.

03-24-04 02:37 PM
jb I will be travelling by train this summer and will also take amtrak to MSG next time.
03-24-04 04:12 PM
Gazza >Hello

why arent we all excited? well.if you read other posts, quite a few people are..

However, a dose of realism;

1) Precisely nothing has been confirmed tour wise. Yes they intend touring but its pointless getting remotely worked up when an announcement regarding tour dates could be as much as six months away.

2) A US Tour in 2005?? 2005 is over nine months away!!! I mean, come on...!! Besides - a) they might actually tour before that and er... b) probably about half of the folks who use this site dont live in the US!

3) Why get excited about a studio album where the recording sessions wont even start for another 6-8 weeks and which may not even be released this year and which almost certainly WONT be until theres upcoming tour dates to promote it.

4) The last tour only ended a few weeks ago. If this was 1989 and the band hadnt toured for seven years then yes, I can understand a mass outbreak of underwear soiling worldwide..

5) It's been common knowledge for about six months that the Stones would be back on the road again in the near future.
03-24-04 04:18 PM
jb I will not fly overseas as I am a Jew and i don't want to be signaled out like Leon Klinghoffer on that boat...
03-24-04 04:19 PM
mothafacko14 I just pissed does that count?
03-24-04 04:21 PM
jb
quote:
mothafacko14 wrote:
I just pissed does that count?

Congrats on your 2k post!
03-24-04 04:22 PM
mothafacko14
quote:
jb wrote:

Congrats on your 2k post!

umm thank you sir
03-24-04 04:24 PM
Joey
quote:
mothafacko14 wrote:
I just pissed does that count?

03-24-04 04:26 PM
gypsy I'm excited about jb's testicular ultrasound. As a matter of fact, I will use that image today when I masurbate.
03-24-04 04:27 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm excited about jb's testicular ultrasound. As a matter of fact, I will use that image today when I masurbate.

You are so wonderful...god i hope I meet you one day!
03-24-04 04:31 PM
Joey " I'm excited about jb's testicular ultrasound. As a matter of fact, I will use that image today when I masurbate. "

You Rock !

The Joey also Masturbates !!!! IT's True !!!! I Do !!!!!

For Stoney : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jersee !
03-24-04 06:30 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Jacobesque wrote:
Hello

Let it sink in, and then piss your pants.
I cant wait to see them compete albums with that rap and most of this new rock shit. This is going to be a CULTURAL REVIVAL of renewed respect and awe for the Stones. Loud stereos will blast Keiths wall of sound and choppy riffs instead of the same old MTV sex bling bling bullshit that ruins kids. Get ready, its coming, you can't stop it! They have more PR than ever right before an album and tour, so its our job to promote it by word of mouth, get them on MTV, get them on 10 Spot. You kids want a violent, badass bling bling role model? Its Keith!! His image must be pushed to these confused children. THe revolution has begun right here!!

You're right......
03-24-04 07:30 PM
nankerphelge I'm pretty excited about it.

But I control the excitement!
I let it fester in my gonads!
And the part of my brain that controls my gonads!

I think about how I'd like the studio stuff to sound.
I think about harmonicas.
I think about maracas and other percussion instruments.
I think about the artwork for the CD.
I think about how many songs and how they are positioned.
I think about unreleased stuff and what would sound great.
I think about stuff that only the band has heard.
I think about new material.
I think about set lists.
I think about stage designs.
I think about opening songs.
I think about new songs.
I think about their attire.
I think about shit in Keith's hair.
I think about the length of the show.
I think about how to get tickets.
I think about cities.
I think about how to get from show to show.
I think about maps, and compasses and time zones.
I think about pre-show parties.
I think about what I'm gonna yell at Charlie Watts during the intro.
I think about the people sitting near me at a show.
I think about the best time to light up at a show.
I think about Keith's songs.
I think about T-shirts!

I'm all tingly!!!!

03-24-04 08:09 PM
Angiegirl Because:

- I'm sceptical about any possible new album songs' quality because of the at best mediocre (imo) tracks on 40 Licks and 2 tracks on Four Flicks.
I don't buy into the concept of ground breaking songs and any new cultural (r)evolution started by new Stones songs. Not anymore.
I love Keith too, seeing him makes me smile, hearing him makes me smile, but common, isn't his image a bit of a caricature now? Nothing bad-ass about him, he's just a lovely (albeit slightly crazy) old man. MTV kids will laugh, it's just not believable anymore to the current young generation I think. Times they are a-changin. Be realistic.
I love them, always will, but I listen to the old stuff, I see the 40-year-picture. I'm not impressed by the more modern Stones, except some songs maybe. But because it's the Stones, I still love it, even their weaker work, being a fan does that to you I guess .

- As Gazza said, the last tour has just recently ended. I'm not experiencing withdrawal yet. Also I wasn't too impressed with most shows (again except for few shows - club shows are hard to dislike ) in Europe last year, compared to how I felt in early 90's. I've noticed I never play any of the Licks boots anymore, for months now, only the other and older stuff, which I still enjoy very much, that makes me piss my pants more than any new album/tour news.

- I still haven't paid off my debt from last year, and I shiver to think about ticket prices 1 or 2 years from now. Yes, that's an issue for me.

All factors that make me hold my excitement. Plus the fact that it isn't news anymore and the fact that it will take months and months before anything will happen, as, again, Gazza pointed out so well.

But I'm glad we have something Stones-related to talk and speculate about on all the boards. Let's hope the news continues so it keeps on pushing out the US elections news .

O, and kill me if you like, for being sceptical. I'm not saying it will be bad, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm just sceptical right now. I hope within a year I'll be as excited as you are.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
03-24-04 08:50 PM
corgi37 I only get excited about a cd when i have the sucker in my hands. I only get excited about a tour when i am in my seat. Whatever happens, they wont tour Oz. I can feel it. Nuts like me will go, and i will pay whatever they charge, but i believe the casual fan wont pay $350 to see them, when they just forked out that much a little over 12 months ago. I will, but i believe thousands wont. And to see. what, 3 new songs? I swear, i do not ever want to hear HTW again. No live version i have ever heard has matched the magic of the studio version. To me, its just so boring. ALong with Miss You, Street Fighting Man and IORR. Shit, i never thought i'd say this, but Gimme shelter is heading that way too. Oh man, and Sympathy. Why wont they change their arrangement for that song? Its so....disco. If they do a stadium only type tour, they 100% wont come here. I just hope they do a rocking cd, with bugger all "special guests", no Keef ballads, and at least pick a good 1st single.
03-24-04 09:14 PM
Scottfree
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I'm pretty excited about it.

But I control the excitement!
I let it fester in my gonads!
And the part of my brain that controls my gonads!

I think about how I'd like the studio stuff to sound.
I think about harmonicas.
I think about maracas and other percussion instruments.
I think about the artwork for the CD.
I think about how many songs and how they are positioned.
I think about unreleased stuff and what would sound great.
I think about stuff that only the band has heard.
I think about new material.
I think about set lists.
I think about stage designs.
I think about opening songs.
I think about new songs.
I think about their attire.
I think about shit in Keith's hair.
I think about the length of the show.
I think about how to get tickets.
I think about cities.
I think about how to get from show to show.
I think about maps, and compasses and time zones.
I think about pre-show parties.
I think about what I'm gonna yell at Charlie Watts during the intro.
I think about the people sitting near me at a show.
I think about the best time to light up at a show.
I think about Keith's songs.
I think about T-shirts!

I'm all tingly!!!!

I think about fishing lures, but not fishing....
I think about the off key harmonizing
I pray for the weaving of 78-81 to be reinstated
03-24-04 09:22 PM
glencar Joshy, take a chance & fly. Don't be meshuganah!

As for getting excited, I'm more excited about the upcoming tour than the last one & I didn't think that could happen. I hope a tour announcement is made at the Port Jefferson ferry.
03-24-04 09:24 PM
Gazza I pray for the pre-1998 ticket prices to be reinstated!!

Kinda ironic. Airfare has never been cheaper - you can fly basically anywhere around Europe now for peanuts, which would make it dead easy to see countless shows with a bit of advance planning - but the Stones themselves make it impractical to do so by charging the cost of a return transatlantic flight from London to New York for a half decent ticket.
03-24-04 09:37 PM
glencar Broadway costs $100 or so for top seats. The Stones are worth the extra $ for me but I understand that it is still quite outrageous for them to be doing what they do. And yet, I'll probably still go overboard & attend 9 or 10 shows.
03-25-04 12:13 AM
polksalad69 too tired to be excited, tickets cost too much, venues too large. sure there's more reasons.
03-25-04 02:05 AM
Cant Catch Me I'm so excited that I think I might be starting to cry . . .

03-25-04 05:23 AM
marko Last tour is just few months away.And i just have finished
licks tour shows.Can�t even listen them.
03-25-04 05:32 AM
MarthaMyDear I will be excited after I pay off my debt from THIS tour because, yes, that IS EXTREMELY important to me!!! THEN, I will be saving for shows I'd be seeing in England again because I'm probably not going to see them here in Los Angeles (I'll DEFINITELY try for a club gig here, though!!! ) 'cause I'd rather save all of my bread for England!!! I loved it there but this time, I'll be hitting more tourist attractions and, hopefully, some offbeat ones, etc.... I'm hoping my mom might be able to meet me there after the shows since she has worshipped England and reads about it, etc., forever but has never been there and she has cancer so I think she should GO!!! But, I won't be getting all fricking excited if they play in England THIS YEAR since their fucking ticket prices are horrendous (except for the club shows, of course!!! )!!! It's too soon for me but if I had to work double time ALOT, I'd probably do it (whilst bitching heavily along the way!!! LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!! :P )... It would be mighty fricking NICE if they would just LOWER those ole ticket prices... Just for kicks!!! lol.......... WHY NOT?!?!?! lol........ Christ... It's ridiculous... But, it's too early for me to get worked-up, also... My two cents... PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
03-25-04 07:47 AM
glencar "But, it's too early for me to get worked-up, also..."

Hmmm, it seems you've already gotten worked up! I've gone to London on the last 2 tours but I might try somewhere more exotic like Holland on the next tour.
03-25-04 09:51 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've gone to London on the last 2 tours but I might try somewhere more exotic like Holland on the next tour.

That's really exotic, you daredevil!!
03-25-04 11:18 AM
jb It's going to be a tough sell with Van Halen, The Who, madonna, U2 and others touring...I fear very few "true" sell-outs.
03-25-04 11:39 AM
glencar LOL Angie, I was just joshing youse. I've been to Holland before. Anyhoo, it seems like the more exotic places don't get the interesting set lists.
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH