ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guinness Return to archive
03-29-03 03:36 PM
Riffhard I just wanted to keep my Stones brothers and sisters updated on my Saturday. I'm now working on Guinness number four and still have six more in the fridge. I'm canking Beggar's remastered and the chibaman is on his way over. He promised to bring the finest samples that he has seen in a long time. He also said that he was bringing more Guinness.

Thank you,
Riffhard

END TRANSMISSION
03-29-03 03:40 PM
nankerphelge Nothing like a visit from Dr. Chiba huh?
Like money in the frickin bank!

Sounds very promising too Riffy! Sounds like the most stickiest of sticky bud.

Be sure to stop back and give us an update after the wares have been sampled and the Guinness pounded!
03-29-03 03:40 PM
Joey Riffy .........................

I had eight Guinnesses last evening at the " Brazen Head " and four " Bierienjaiger " shots .

I then proceeded to belt out the chorus to " God Bless America " in unison with all of my drinking buddies gathered around the bar as the Irish Band I was forced to listen to all evening finally played a song I recognized .

Think I will do same tonight ........

Developing ..........................

Hung Over ...........................

STONES !

JOESKEE !
03-29-03 03:48 PM
sirmoonie Guin was made to be pounded. Puinnding.

Think I'll pound Guin as soon as I leave this miserable pit of smelching hell that is work.

Hope to see some of ineebs in the pie room later.
03-29-03 03:52 PM
nankerphelge I was there for a while around 10-10:30 last nite.
Hope to swing by tonite as well.

Moofy is as moofy does!
03-29-03 04:12 PM
Riffhard UPDATE>>>>>

All is still going according to my well thought out plan. Guinness number five is well underway and all the armchair retired Guinness drinkers out there are wrong when they bad mouth my plan. They simply have not been privy to all the differant elements of the objective. My plan has been disscused with some of the finest Guinness drinkers that this country has to offer. All agree that this is good plan,a solid plan,and a plan that,with time,will achive the desired results.

Chiba command central has yet to weigh in yet,but I've been told from very relieable sources that everything is a go on that angle as well. Beggar's has been replaced with Handsome Girls and I am right where I thought I would be at this juncture.

Will keep you posted.....

Riffhard

END TRANSMISSION
03-29-03 04:18 PM
FPM C10 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Riffy...your Saturday sounds seriously scintillating, simply scrumptious, and several other sibilant syllables that start with "s". I'll be right over.

Joey, lay offa that Irish band. I'd love to hear them, especially if I was drunk. Ask 'em to play "Danny Boy" for me.

I've heard that Guinness has the nutritional equivalent of four pork chops per pint. You had approximately 32 pork chops last night.

A good side dish for all those pork chops might be Jameson's Irish Whiskey.

03-29-03 04:28 PM
steel driving hammer I think that widget doesn't really do anything, you?

Bought my first 12 pack of Guiness stought bottles last week. Liked it and I'm sure as I get older, that taste will become very much aquired.
But it's best served, ICE cold, I don't what the Irish say on how to drink it.

Cheers.

Looks pretty good eh?
03-29-03 04:30 PM
glencar Aprops of this thread, I'm wearing my Guinness-Dublin shirt. It's a rugby that I got at the end of a dullish tour of the Guinness brewery 3 years back. At least the tour ended with some nice half pints.
03-29-03 04:32 PM
Factory Girl Just white wine for me. But, I love the spirit of this thread!
03-29-03 04:36 PM
FPM C10
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Bought my first 12 pack of Guiness stought bottles last week.

My brother Steelie!

Take my advice - get the big cans the next time, and dump them into a big glass like the one in the picture you posted. Let it sit for four minutes, and marvel at the scientific drama that unfolds as the particulate matter settles. THEN drink it.

It doesn't work with the bottles.

The bottles are for Americans who feel the need to have product endorsement as they stand in a bar. "Look everyone! I'm drinking the good stuff!" Fuggetaboutit! Guinness NEEDS to BREATHE.

Good LORD, I've got a BUZZ just looking at the pictures you posted!
03-29-03 04:47 PM
nankerphelge MMMMMmmmmmmmmm!
03-29-03 04:54 PM
steel driving hammer "The bottles are for Americans who feel the need to have product endorsement as they stand in a bar. "Look everyone! I'm drinking the good stuff!" Fuggetaboutit! Guinness NEEDS to BREATHE."

Yeah! I can picture you right now saying that!

That was good!

Thanks for your theory about Guiness in the cans.

No joke, I'm off to the supermarket right now...

It starts w/ the soul my brother. Hey tell Sugar Blue I said hi ok?

B & B w/ a little weed.
03-29-03 05:31 PM
Gazza are your turds black yet Riffy?

if they have a white head on them, youre in a bit of trouble!
03-29-03 05:39 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
are your turds black yet Riffy?

The hallmark of a good Guinness binge.
03-29-03 06:15 PM
Riffhard The Latest From the Front>>>>>>>UPDATE...........

Supplies are starting to get low. Guinness number nine went down fine. However,I'm begining to worry about the possiblities that chiba central command my have dropped the ball on their end. No word yet though I'm still not overly concerned. My moral is stii fine and there can be no doubt as to the final outcome of my objective.

As for the stool samples. Is a little too early to give a definative answer. Although I should mention that no bunker busters have been deployed to date.

Updates to follow...........

Brig. Gen. Riffhard
Guinness Cent Comm
[Edited by Riffhard]
03-29-03 06:22 PM
nankerphelge Real-time Nolteing is a wonderful thing.
03-29-03 07:30 PM
John Wood I have also been drinking Guinness today! I'm on # 5 CHEERS!!!
03-29-03 07:30 PM
Highwire Rob Riffhard... are you working on a Guinness contest? I think the St. James Gate crew ought to just give you a cottage or pub in Ireland for your endorsement efforts--I'm salivating over this thread!

But my question to the Guinness lovers is: do they still have those Guinness contests? I haven't seen them advertised in a while... used to be around Feb/Mar with the Great Guinness Toast. (I'll remember to check out their website)

Loved those poetry contests of years gone by--only ever won five pouring spoons for five entries one year... but it was fun to drink!

Somehow I sense others on Rocks Off enter as well...
03-29-03 07:35 PM
Hannalee Dublin's Black Gold

There's a lot of it about this weekend.... I suppose the term "pie-eyed" lends it to misinterpretation in this company .....
03-29-03 08:07 PM
John Wood Drinking Guinness and listening to AC DC Highway To Hell (the new remaster)! Fuck YA!!!!
03-29-03 08:38 PM
Riffhard The Latest.....live.......from.....the front...UPDATE>>>>>>>

Guinness is gone. Situation is still looking positive however. I have now resorted to drinking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. My moral is still strong and victory is close at hand. Chiba Central Command checked at about 17:00. Sir Chibahad made port and has delivered the humanitarian aid that has been so desperately needed. Again,I must stress,the end of this campaign has never been in question. Victory is mine. It's just a matter of time.

Brig.Gen. Riffhard
Formerly Guinness currently Sierra Nevada Cent Comm

Updates as warrented....

END TRANSMISSION
03-29-03 08:41 PM
lonecrapshooter just downed two bottled Guinness watching Kansas vs. Arizona and HOLY SHIT..DURING HALFTIME CBS TV PLAYED A PORTION OF GIMME SHELTER..SAYING KANSAS IS "JUST A SHOT AWAY" TO THE FINAL FOUR....thought this would be played During the WAR HIGHLIGHTS NOT DURING HOOPS!
03-29-03 10:28 PM
BILL PERKS THE BLACK STUFF IS THE ELIXIR OF LIFE.I MUCH PREFER THE EXTRA STOUDT BOTTLES THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR AGES."I DID MY BIT,I DRINK THE PINT,AND I DON'T GIVE A FIDDLER'S FART FOR THE WORLD OR ITS' COUSIN"
03-30-03 05:31 PM
Joey Icy............................................

Tonight I wash by balls in ice water while watching the " Deer Hunter " in your honor .

Salute .......................

J.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST