ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: China cancellation is TOTAL BullShit! Return to archive
03-29-03 02:22 PM
Saint Sway I cant believe the Stones cancelled these shows! China has been waiting forever to see the Stones and now their gonna let a little plague like Sars stop them. WTF???

if theres anyone in the world whos immune system can handle the Sars virus its Keith Richards!!

The STONES WITHSTAND EVERYTHING! I cant see this virus having any effect on them!
03-29-03 03:43 PM
Gazza Nonsense
03-29-03 05:46 PM
Saint Sway nonsense?
or the scary truth?

the Stones are the 8th wonder of the world. Nothing can stop them. They'll live forever.
03-29-03 06:01 PM
Gazza its a cliche but IMO its wearing very thin nowadays.

anyone who thinks the Stones are gonna go on forever is living in a dream world and will get a rude awakening one of these days. Ronnie's already had a wake up call in the last year.

For every year Keith has lived in the last 20 years he has physically aged two years. Take a look at photos of him since the start of the 80's and compare.

If anything,he's becoming a parody of himself recently with all these "we're indestructable" type soundbites. Its good for a quote and a giggle but so many people in his life and in the press tell him that crap that he's acting and living like he believes it. I genuinely fear for his long term future with this stuff. Just because he can get away with it at 30 doesnt mean he can when he's 60.
03-29-03 06:09 PM
Moonisup keith aged alot these years, 1997-2003

at least I think haha
I don't blame him for ageing, the guy is 60
03-29-03 06:53 PM
Gazza true - take a look at footage of Keith at the start of the BTB tour even (Sept 1997) and then look at pics of him at the end of it - less than two years and he looks like hes aged at least five

..and thats four years ago! Its quite obvious his lifestyle is taking a toll on him
03-29-03 06:53 PM
steel driving hammer Now the Stones aren't playing for 2 months!

They're bones are gonna get stiff!

I would loved to read the reviews of the Stones in China.

But maybe it's a good thing, the Stones might of gotten sick, you never know...

These days you must take your protein pills and put your helmet on.

03-30-03 08:27 AM
marko In my opinion,keith doesn�t look very healthy,just watch
60 minutes,and look his eyes&face,head.I noticed somekind of
nervousnes,,,just like his falling apart!
03-30-03 08:46 AM
Moonisup well I think, his living is at last taking it's toll on his body, and espacially his face!

his arms look very skinny too, compared to recent years!

but hey, their still around! (thank god for that)
03-30-03 10:32 AM
Cardinal Fang Hello Kids !!

I have it on VERY GOOD AUTHORITY that the Stones didn't really cancel because of a Chinese "Flu Bug". The real reason they cancelled that leg of the tour was due to poor ticket sales.

Let's face it, most American's and European's can BARELY afford the $300.00 (or 300 Euro equiv.) per ticket. Unless you are a lawyer like my friend's Nankerphelge or Josh, Esq. (I think you guys call him "JB" over here ?) Still, you get the idea, right ? Three Hundred bucks for us "working class" is still quite alot of money. Now imagine what that financial amount means to the "Red" Chinese ! Exactly.

Let's get fucking real here, how many folks in mainland "red" China are pulling down anything CLOSE to three hundred bucks a month ? (hardly)

The "Flu Bug" spin makes a great story but IMHO it's NOT the real reason why The Stones bailed. They have reported the SAME "Flu Bug" in Singapore too and yet The Stones didn't cancel there now did they ? Maybe it's because they sold quite a few tickets there. That Flu Bug thing didn't seem to put a damper on The Stones nor their road crew now did it ?

Exactly !!

Speaking of "bailing", now I Gotta Bail.

Later, Cardinal Fang.
03-30-03 11:18 AM
Stones Fan, Gar I don't think the concern is really that the Stones will catch this bug, I think, IMO, China dosen't want to chance getting 40,000 people together in one spot with this thing in the air. Also, there has been talk of quarantine, and limiting travel. Hey, they may not let the Yankees leave Canada for a while, after the play in Toronto. So much uncertainty about this thing, I guess it is better to be safe than sorry, Gar.
03-30-03 03:28 PM
somegirl <
if theres anyone in the world whos immune system can handle the Sars virus its Keith Richards!!

The STONES WITHSTAND EVERYTHING! I cant see this virus having any effect on them!>>

can�t believe what you are saying. They are only human beeings. Stop dreaming!
03-30-03 07:12 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
I don't think the concern is really that the Stones will catch this bug, I think, IMO, China dosen't want to chance getting 40,000 people together in one spot with this thing in the air. Also, there has been talk of quarantine, and limiting travel. Hey, they may not let the Yankees leave Canada for a while, after the play in Toronto. So much uncertainty about this thing, I guess it is better to be safe than sorry, Gar.

I think Gar has a point, here. The main concern was probably more for the fans gathering from all the country in cities where the SARS has already made several deaths.
Whatever Cardinal Fang's sources are saying, the danger is greater in HK and China than in Singapore, as there have been more cases. Even in Singapore, there was added security and precautions: breath masks, no backstage passes, etc. Here's for instance Clive Haynes (Mick's bodyguard) with SARS protection:

Another problem was the way the Beijing authorities (mis)handled the info: they downplayed at first the seriousness of the problem, out of fear that the tourists and business travellers would avoid the country. Of course, it's exactly what is happening now! Too much uncertainty is worse than hard facts, as always. With no clear view of the situation, the Stones did the right thing to play safe. Better reschedule a show than having the death of fans or crewmembers on their conscience.

P.S. I've just heard a radio newsflash: in Hong Kong, they are currently disinfecting the PAVEMENTS...
03-31-03 10:28 AM
jb The ticket sales have been disatrous ....can't even fill up 8k seat venues...I warned of this almost 7 months ago to the anger of many. Regrettably, I was correct again. Please apologize below...thank you.
03-31-03 10:36 AM
Boomhauer Well, jb. What did you expect? They are charging mucho dinero for people to see their shows.

When people can't afford it, they won't go.
03-31-03 10:39 AM
jb Yes Boomhauer....another horrible miscalculation by the Michael Cohl, who continues to tarnish the once golden image of our band.
03-31-03 10:41 AM
Joey " Yes Boomhauer....another horrible miscalculation by the Michael Cohl, who continues to tarnish the once golden image of our band "

Josh .............I converted to Judiasm over the weekend ................Does this mean we can see Steely Dan together in August ?

Developing ....................

JACKY !

03-31-03 10:57 AM
jb No, but I heard Uri Geller is coming to Boulder!!! Get your spoons ready!!!
03-31-03 11:22 AM
Joey " No, but I heard Uri Geller is coming to Boulder!!! Get your spoons ready!!! "

You make young boy Joey cry and snort snot !

Why ????????????????????????????

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST