ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Blame It On the Stones" Re-Weed time! Return to archive
03-28-03 06:41 PM
Martha

Hello everyone....

I'm taking the following for Nasty's latest offer to the board entitled; "Blame It On The Stones"

3 people who can burn
1 burnless person

You must be a member of the Rocks Off community to get this copy from me.

Please PM me the following info; your mailing address and if you can or cannot burn.

I look forward to sending you this compilation so PM me right away!
-------------------------------------------------------
Nasty wrote:

And herewith lies the tracklist for the new weed:

1. SOFT BOYS -- Only the Stones Remain - may or may not be about the Rolling Stones but I've always heard it that way and so here it is
2. THE TELEFONES -- She's in Love with the Rolling Stones (hilarious new wave tune about some poor slog whose chick won't ball him because she loves the Stones too much)
3. THE STATICS - I Sold My Soul (to the Rolling Stones) - obnoxious and retarded punk rock number about meeting Brian Jones at the crossroads
4. NEW BOMB TURKS - Summer Romance - burning punk cover
5. ARTHUR CONLEY - Let's Go Steady - Soul number sung by Keith at Emotional Rescue sessions, unreleased. This version is the b-side to "Sweet Soul Music".
6. JOE TEX - I'm a Man
7. STEVIE WONDER - I Don't Know Why I Love You - Stones covered this on Metamorphosis
8. GANGSTERS OF LOVE - Sympathy for the Devil - Hilarious Funkadelic style version from the early 70s
9. THE LEFT REVEREND EUGENE McDANIELS - Jagger the Dagger - bizarre soul/jazz/funk "sermon" on Mick Jagger's . . . dick . . . basically.
10. RAY SHARPE - Linda Lu - Original version of tune Stones covered at the Some Girls sessions
11. CHESTERFIELD KINGS - I Can See It - Cover of unreleased Stones tune
12. FLAMIN' GROOVIES - Jumpin Jack Flash - Blazing cover based on the version of the song from the '68 video.
13. DEVIL DOGS - It's Not Easy - more retarded fast punk
14. WHITE STRIPES - Stop Breaking Down - live on the BBC
15. THE SCREWS - The Storm - Sloppy but soulful cover of this amazing b-side
16. SHADOWS OF NIGHT - Let It Rock - Chicago's best 60s garage band burns through this number live
17. LOS APSON - Satisfaccion -- Mexico City 60s garage version in Spanish!
18. OS BAOBAS - Pintada de Preto - Brazilian 60s version of Paint It Black
19. REIGNING SOUND - I'd Much Rather Be with the Boys - Memphis underground legend Greg Cartwright's excellent version of the Metamorphosis tune makes it rock!
20. WILMER AND THE DUKES - I'm Free - 60s soul version
21. THE EIGHTH DAY - Too Many Cooks - Original version (or one of them) of the Mick Jagger/John Lennon unreleased single
22. STAPLES SINGERS - The Last Time - Song that inspired the Stones "original".
23. KRIS KRISTOFFERSON - Blame It On the Stones
24. GILDA RADNER - Gimmie Mick -- Gilda imitates Patti Smith singing a fake song about how much she loves Mick Jagger

03-29-03 10:28 AM
Martha Ok..great, I already have two people signed up. I now need two more people who can burn copies for other Rocks Off members.

Come on down!

PM me!
03-29-03 11:18 AM
Martha
Need one more burner!!!!!

Counting it down...................
03-29-03 12:18 PM
Martha
I'm officially filled-up. Oooo...that opens it up for the jokesters at RO! LOL

Have these people on my list:

JumpinJackFlash
glencar
Rollingstoned58
MissU-burnless

Look for this to be offered by other people on this board in case you haven't gotten hooked up yet!

**Do not fret....Those of you I told I'd copy for not incuded on the above list will still be getting a copy.

Thanks everyone!
03-29-03 09:44 PM
Nasty Habits Has anyone actually listened to that monstrosity yet?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST