ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What I like about France Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
03-28-03 12:24 PM
jb French panties
03-28-03 12:36 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
French panties

French maids
03-28-03 12:50 PM
littleredrooster Citroen 2CV, Traction Avant, and DS 21 !!!
03-28-03 12:50 PM
jb French string jobs(actually perfected in cuba).
[Edited by jb]
03-28-03 01:13 PM
sirmoonie Sharon had sex with the Bagwan Shree Rajneesh.
03-28-03 01:19 PM
littleredrooster Recently?

Sharon so good make a dead man cum!
03-28-03 01:20 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
French string jobs(actually perfected in cuba).

Okay...now I'm curious.
PM me and explain...
03-28-03 01:20 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat french pie
03-28-03 01:24 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Recently?

Sharon so good make a dead man cum!

Bagwan is dead???

Say it ain't so Roosie!
03-28-03 01:32 PM
littleredrooster Sorry Sir,

Dead about a decade!
Buried in one of his Rolls!

Roostah's Facts
03-28-03 02:03 PM
Highwire Rob EXISTENTIALISM!

Jean-Paul Sartre, Albert Camus (Algerian/French)

War times like these are especially a good time to read those two great philosopher/writers for some questioning of Humanity and Meaning.

also... Brie & Camembert (cheeses, not existential philosophers)

... French commandos, who had the most successful terrorist/hijacking/hostage interdiction in history (1994: Air France jet 8969--all 170 passengers survived.)

...that cute French girl from the family that we rented a house from on holiday in Brittany (she showed me her live escargot on the bush) --That's snails in a tree you cheeky monkeys.

...There's a lot to like about the French and their culture...
03-28-03 02:03 PM
Monkey Woman What I don't like about this topic

- gratuitous insults

- endless parrotting of hateful propaganda

- irresponsible calls to violence (if some fuck-up shoots a French tourist in the States, how would all the French bashers feel with themselves?)

- a black-and-white, manicheist view of the world and its politics (to say that the USA are pissed about the French because they lied about the veto is a gross oversimplification! Remember that Powell lied to the UN about the 'new data' provided by British intelligence about Iraq's violations of resolution 1441, it was actually an old university thesis dating from 1992 and describing Iraq before the 1st Gulf War...)

- the singling of France among the very many countries that have had economic interests in Iraq. (The USA sold anthrax agents to Saddam in the 80s, UK and Italia provided chemical factories, etc. And everybody bought gas to the dictator. But it's easier to hurl abuse at France alone, just one middle-size country with a bad rep but that's still a democracy, last time I checked. Of course, it's less dangerous than insulting Russia or China. Who's talking about cowardice?)

- and the worst of capital crimes (yes, I mean it ): bad French used as lame tentatives at humor (if you can't speak or even spell our language, why use it?)!!!

MW, a *very* angry French woman

(who has no intention of boycotting any American, British or even Aussie import, even if G.W. suddenly decides that French cheese is the devil's food. As if rock 'n' roll wasn't the devil's music already )
03-28-03 02:47 PM
sonicrock monkey woman
thank you
03-28-03 02:55 PM
Mother baby
quote:
telecaster wrote:

French maids

Now someones making sense on this thread.
French girls they're so.........!
Actually if my memory doesnt fail me, Mick left out french girls in that song...i stand corrected if im wrong.
03-28-03 03:11 PM
glencar Where'd that Mathjiz idiot go? He just drops his bombs & walks away? What an ass.
03-28-03 03:13 PM
Mother baby
quote:
glencar wrote:
Where'd that Mathjiz idiot go? He just drops his bombs & walks away?

Me too, thats why i never liked condoms.
03-28-03 03:35 PM
100 Years Ago french ticklers
03-28-03 03:39 PM
bedspringsonic just answer to GYPSYMOFO60 , yu do a great job here telling us what is right or not , i'm french and i love USA ? LIKE MOST OF THE FRENCH PEOPLE , yu speak about something yu d'ont even know or imagine , i'm sorry for you but french people, even with people ,like yu cant hate AMERICANS cause we are concerned by the way they live , they do or think, if yu're so right do yur job in accordance to yur thinking.
i'm sorry for you but if think that " your times has gone"
then take care of your mind ,i think yu need to consult quickly!!
don't worry i'm joking but seriously if yu comes and see !
speak or write after!!
only rock 'n roll ! too rude for yu
03-28-03 03:45 PM
glencar Huh?
03-28-03 04:44 PM
Mother baby
quote:
100 Years Ago wrote:
french ticklers

Okay, so im willing to make an exception.....but only for the ladies. i stll break even.
03-28-03 05:10 PM
Fiji Joe Wait...I'm gonna go get my olive branch
03-28-03 05:16 PM
Gazza Gypsymofo

your original post was deleted due to it inciting hatred and advocating violence. Start more of that shit and we'll ban you. This shite is getting beyond tiresome no matter what side it comes from. Unfortunately this site is now being ruined and overrun with this rubbish. isnt there some site you could all go to between yourselves and just post insults to each other(maybe you could even start one yourselves?) very easy to hide behind a computer when youre insulting people.

and by the way - Plastic Bertrand was Belgian, not French.

Ca Plan Pour Moi.
03-28-03 05:16 PM
Mathijs Telecaster wrote:

�Also the leaders of Italy and Holland signed a letter in support of US actions in newspapers over here so you are wrong again, as usual.�

Wrong Telecaster. Both the Dutch government and the people of Holland (actually 80 % by the last count) are against the war. The Dutch government has told the Bush administration so, and I don�t see the Dutch government change its mind very fast on this.

>>>Does anyone here think Mathijs has the courage to apologize for the remark he >>>posted above?

I don�t see any reason why I should apologise. America has made thousands and thousands of victims during the last 50 years (Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Cambodia, Columbia, Iraq, Cuba, Panama, Chilli). The US has been attacked back for the fist time since Pearl Harbour. Take it as a man. In a war you win and loose. America has a history of win win win, without ever being attacked, Half of Holland was bombed in 1944, 75% of Germany was bombed in 44, large parts of France were bombed during WWII. We know how it feels to be attacked and bombed, we know how to bear losses.
>>>

Glencar wrote:

Quote:
Mathijs wrote: You know why planes fly into American buildings, and not in any other country? Becasue of people like gypsymofo60.

�You are so Goddamned offensive without even realizing it. And one would think you'd know by now that gypsymofo is from Australia but that would have interrupted your "joke" ?�

First off, my name is Mathijs, not Mathjiz. Second, I am not offensive, but Americans are just too easy to get with 9/11. �2700 innocent men and women died there�. Yes, it is a tragedy, and I do mean that. But, it�s also not the end of the world. Half a million Vietnamese people were killed in Vietnam. 20.000 people died in an earthquake in Turkey, 20.000 men and women were buried in mud in China in 2002, one million people died of hunger in Somalia. Thirteen thousand (13.000) people die of shot wounds by accident in America every year (the right to bear arms!!), and now America piss and moans about the 9/11 attacks �and they invade another country to prevent it to happen again. Do you ever think about the fact that banning the right to bear arms in the US would save more lives each year than are spilled during this war? Ever thought about that?

Mathijs
03-28-03 05:24 PM
Moonisup 6,000,000 german civillions died in the winter of 1945-46
03-28-03 05:25 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Unfortunately this site is now being ruined and overrun with this rubbish. isnt there some site you could all go to between yourselves and just post insults to each other(maybe you could even start one yourselves?) very easy to hide behind a computer when youre insulting people.

and by the way - Plastic Bertrand was Belgian, not French.

Ca Plan Pour Moi.

Please to add an amen to this one from the choir from me yessa.

Jet boy jet girl!

03-28-03 05:29 PM
Moonisup well every topic, has been over the war, start a stonestopic and end with a war topic, but hmmmmmmm it's very sad, but the world is in strange turn, and some people can't discuss like humans ore grown ups, that is the main point, it's like

"I am pro war"

" I ain't, fool"

"fuck the french"

and all that shit, that is the main thing, if that stopped, most things would became better
03-28-03 05:32 PM
FPM C10 Things I love about France:

The French Revolution - seems to me we might not have a country to run into the ground if not for this significant event

The Marquis de Lafayette

The Marquis de Sade

Jean Cocteau

"La Belle et Le Bette" - one of the greatest films ever made

Jean Genet

"Our Lady of the Flowers"

Paris in the Springtime

The fact that they treated our brilliant jazz and blues musicians like royalty while our racist society ignored or arrested them

The already-mentioned Camus and Sartre

New Wave films

Brigitte Bardot

The fertile soil they provided in the 20s for the brilliance of the rest of the world to take root and bloom - if there was no Paris there would be no Hemingway, no Picasso, no Henry Miller, no Surrealism, no Stravinsky.

And that would suck.

Monkey Woman - not all Americans are arrogant insensitive loudmouths. Just the ones in charge.

03-28-03 05:33 PM
Mathijs Moonisup, your answer is to just close your eyes. May work for you, but not for me. Second, I would suggest to study history a bit more, and read some more news papers. The Canadians did liberate the middle part of Holland, and this discussion is not only about being pro- or con America.

Sometimes it is wise to grow up...

Mathijs
03-28-03 05:36 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Second, I would suggest to study history a bit more, and read some more news papers. The Canadians did liberate the middle part of Holland, and this discussion is not only about being pro- or con America.

Mathijs

I did study history for 2 years, and will do again this year, so don't start about that.

and this IS about pro or con, just read the topics, you do also.
The canadians did a bit, but not the main part,
03-28-03 05:44 PM
Mathijs It just show your naive Moonisup. I am NOT against the war in Iraq, in afact I am very much in favor of it. But I do think that your contributions haven't been the most inteligent and helpfull.

Mathijs

Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST