ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What I like about France Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
03-28-03 05:07 AM
F505 -Two of the best Stones records are made their
-Jagger lives there once in a while, Keith lived in the Rue du Faubourg-St Honor�, Paris
-At Olympia and Les Halles the Stones gave immortal concerts
-French is not a difficult language (even Bill "Je suis un rockstar" Wyman speaks it)
-Many Dutch live(d) there (fe Willem Duys, WF Hermans and of course our friend Egon)

03-28-03 06:56 AM
egon very classy gypsy. a lot of thought must have gone into that post
03-28-03 07:10 AM
gypsymofo60 Very well deduced there Ego.....a bit like 'Thumper sniffin' Bambi's bum eh? ya fucking tosser........people who live in glass houses ...MATE!
03-28-03 07:24 AM
Doxa Romane Bohringer, Mathilda May, and.. yeah, Juliette Binoche.

Served with some great red wine maybe..

Doxa

03-28-03 07:28 AM
egon I see you are warming up

All I mean to say is that there are French people visiting this board as well
And you might show some consideration for them.
They come here to read about the stones, not to get abused.

If you don�t agree with French politics � fine.
But then talk about that, and not about the French people or culture.

The same goes for any other nation btw. I don�t necessarily agree with this war,
But that does not mean I think all americans/brits/australians are dickheads, I�m burning my Levi�s, poring Budweiser in the river, stop listening to the stones cos they are brits, cancel my trip to the states etc, etc etc�

Let�s have SOME perspective, and keep the discussion on a political, not personal level.

And btw, you don�t need to call me a tosser to get your point across. Ok?

Egon
03-28-03 07:37 AM
gypsymofo60 Some more nice French things......Michele Platini, Tolouse Le Treque, FRED!!!!!!!Bath Arms-Brighton 2000........Didier Six, MARSELLIES,(spelling sorry!)....Joel Batts...Papin...Zidane? is he technically French?.....Diepp...nice Hypermart, cheap piss!!!!!!!!Did I call you a TOSSER? Oh shit! I am sorry.
03-28-03 07:44 AM
Mathijs You know why planes fly into American buildings, and not in any other country? Becasue of people like gypsymofo60.

Mathijs
03-28-03 07:50 AM
egon i see what you mean, but he's from australia....
03-28-03 08:04 AM
gypsymofo60 Allow me to educate you CONTINENTALS....planes fly into buildings because certain Arab types seem to believe that all the world are as GUTLESS as RESCUED CONTINENTALS......Tell yas what fellows! next time you all start scrapping on The Continent, we'll leave you all to it eh?........Who fucking needs ya? Hey Matty! stick to boots mate! Ya know shit about human nature. Egon, fight your own battles.
03-28-03 08:17 AM
L&A Ground control to gypsymofo60, please come back to the 21st century, it's rather rude to talk like that...
03-28-03 08:17 AM
Nellcote I've been to France twice, great country.
I have French friends, who live in France.

I was quite happy in The French Gov't decision
to support UN Resolution 1441, calling for the Iraqi Government to destroy Weapons Of Mass Destruction.

I am extremely dissapointed in The French Gov't decision to not support the military action which is contained within UN Resolution to disarm Saddam Hussein, as it has been found that the Iraqi Gov't has not complied with this or seventeen other resolutions, similar to this one, over 12 years.

I'm certain the French Gov't has their reasons for this
decision.

The Coalition of The Willing has their reasons for taking action.

The French People should not be blamed for the decisions their country's leaders make. The Citizens of France have long made fantastic contributions to society as a whole.
They can make their decision about their countries leadership with the one thing that free countries have, the right to vote.
03-28-03 08:36 AM
F505 Sorry I didn't want this to become a political thread. But unfortunately it has become one. Thank you my Australian friend.
03-28-03 08:41 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
L&A wrote:
Ground control to gypsymofo60, please come back to the 21st century, it's rather rude to talk like that...

......RUDE???????????? who me??????? I'm fully conversant with The 21st Century luvvy, that'll be the century where very early on the big dogs finally come to their senses, and say; FUCK THIS POLITICALLY CORRECT HORSESHIT!- It's time to clean up the yard. Call in the rodent exterminators........Fuck me! Who's trapped in the time warp here? These people would slit your throat for a warm meal, get a fucking grip on reality.
03-28-03 08:46 AM
Mathijs "GUTLESS as RESCUED CONTINENTALS" ??? and you're Australian? Now I am laughing. What's the worst thing ever happened in Australia? A sick Kangaroo? But now I at least understand why you have such old-fashioned ideas. It's still 1956 for you of course.

It's not your fault.

Mathijs

ps I understand Americans hate France because they don't approve of the attack. Well, you better start hating Germany, Holland, Russia, China, Italy, Belgium and many more countries then.
03-28-03 08:52 AM
L&A Ok, gypsymofo60, be politically incorrect, but courteously.
An example ? Listen to : "Please allow me to introduce myself,..."

And don't forget, keep rocking
03-28-03 09:41 AM
telecaster Mathijs

ps I understand Americans hate France because they don't approve of the attack. Well, you better start hating Germany, Holland, Russia, China, Italy, Belgium and many more countries then.
[/quote]

Again, Mathijs has to slip in a dig at the US as always

WRONG MATHIJS: Americans are pissed because the French Foreign Minister told Colin Powell to his face that France
would never veto or threatan the use of a veto in the Security Council. The man lied. That Mathijs is why the US is pissed at France. They lied to the US.

Also the leaders of Italy and Holland signed a letter in support of US actions in newspapers over here so you are wrong again, as usual.
03-28-03 09:51 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
"GUTLESS as RESCUED CONTINENTALS" ??? and you're Australian? Now I am laughing. What's the worst thing ever happened in Australia? A sick Kangaroo? But now I at least understand why you have such old-fashioned ideas. It's still 1956 for you of course.

It's not your fault.

Mathijs

.....First off 'CLUELESS' I aint Australian!....BIG SURPRISE...I'm ENGLISH,(born & bred), thank God! I aint Dutch!.......Never came across a sick Roo, trashed one on The Nullabor once. Do you know what I'm talking about , Mastermind?......I don't hate anyone, I wouldn't waste my time or emotion on such a negative feeling. When I say remove these fuckers from the planet, I'm saying it in the most controlled way possible. Anyone who opposes action against these warmongering, WofMD accumalating, terrorist, sneaks, condones the actions of fanatics hiding behind Religion. Wake up! Smell the coffee! Do some more boots for fuck sake.
03-28-03 09:52 AM
glencar
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
You know why planes fly into American buildings, and not in any other country? Becasue of people like gypsymofo60.

Mathijs

You are so Goddamned offensive without even realizing it. And one would think you'd know by now that gypsymofo is from Australia but that would have interrupted your "joke" ? That's never a good thing, right? I'm not sure what a "tosser" is but I'm willing to bet that you are a tosser, Mathjiz.

As for the French, I think the country itself is okay if just a wee bit smelly. I've been there twice & both trips were nice although other countries (Italy, Ireland, Holland, England, Belgium) were more relaxed. The Chirac government has something to hide vis a vis Saddam. Here we have a government that inserted itself all over the former African colonies whenever French business interests were at stake & yet suddenly they quiver at taking on Saddam? Something's rotten in Paris...
[Edited by glencar]
03-28-03 09:59 AM
telecaster
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
You know why planes fly into American buildings, and not in any other country? Becasue of people like gypsymofo60.

Mathijs

Does anyone here think Mathijs has the courage to apologize for the remark he posted above?

Gypsymofo is from England.

Do you have the courage to apologize Mathijs????
03-28-03 10:03 AM
gypsymofo60 I'll tell you what's rotten in Paris & Berlin.......They don't want their bio, and chemical trade interrupted, or The Americans and British discovering said French & German exports to The Middle East...How's them Apples?....Hence my last post. Continental Europe, what a cess-pit?
03-28-03 10:08 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Read Safire's pair of articles entitled "The French Connection". It ain't pretty. Both the US and France have a lot to hide.

Math, you're just offensive, as usual. Stick to guitars and the Stones. It ain't cool to say stuff like that.

I like France - I had a great time traveling through the south of that country a few years ago, and even got to go back to Paris the year before last, wherein I was refused entry into a cab unless I promised that I didn't like Bush and learned that the "zz" in my name means, as the guy said... "Ahhh... it's eh... dick." over there. But I still had a good time. It is a lovely country. But it also does have a nastily high unemployment and serious labor problems, with a very weak central government as far as I could tell.

So what's this thread about? We all have strengths and weaknesses. Why feel the need to point out that the French don't like this resolution and so forth? I don't agree with France's stance at all, but why should that mean we need to hate the country and disavow any useful contributions they've made? There are plenty of level-headed French people who realize that both the US and France have a hand in this conflict that shouldn't be there (again, look to Safire's article). It's the blind hatred that gets me.

Plus, how could you hate France when one of the cornerstones of 20th century music was recorded in the basement of a manor there?

And where do the Stones keep going to record? Paris!

-tSYX --- Left shoe shuffle, right shoe muffle...
03-28-03 10:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man [quote]TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
But it also does have a nastily high unemployment and serious labor problems, with a very weak central government as far as I could tell.

And just where are you getting this bullshit from? You came to this conclusion from just two visits there?

Im not really attacking you, i think your a fine poster most of the time ,but i feel you have no grounds to make that statement above

Alex
03-28-03 10:37 AM
vampire Alexandra Kabi
Emmanuelle B�art
Audrey Marnay
Mathilda May
Vanessa Paradis
Oph�lie Winter
Julie Delpy
Laetitia Casta
Adriana Karembeu
Brigitte Bardot
Astrid Veillon
Audrey Tautou
B�atrice Dalle
Catherine Deneuve
Lou Doillon
No�mie Lenoir
Romane Bohringer
Sophie Marceau
Judith Godr�che
Vanessa Demouy
Julliete Binoche...
03-28-03 11:00 AM
jb French Fries
03-28-03 11:03 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Wine.
03-28-03 11:26 AM
icydanger
french kissing
03-28-03 11:51 AM
caro Me
03-28-03 11:55 AM
egon the pub just around the corner from where i live.

i like it so much, that i just might go there tonight...

and i'll be drinking fosters!

03-28-03 12:03 PM
jb French vibrators
03-28-03 12:15 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat French women
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST