ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for the War Protesters!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
03-27-03 09:34 PM
icydanger

can we criticize?

lovely way of doing it in the case of ira

Lets bomb take oil and then brag about sending the "animals" (*RO MKXY ) food and water.

hawks,
doing real harm to the states foreign image.

i wonder how us would feel if other states
would come and impose their rules, and leaders and governement type.

Its a matter of pride.
i hate to think about the paratroops landing with those factors.
and about the in habitants defending their country(*)

their dilemma: who to trust, GWB43 or Saddam?

is it that obvious to them? will their life improve?
small jobs in oil coorporations
and of course, to rebuild the water systems the energy systems

change of master

Should other nations also consider taking action
when they disagree with a leader? (in this case many against the hawks)
(I hear you snigger about ONU's lack of initiative)

The problem:
Weapons. who have the strongest? who spends the most on weapons?
Pass it over.
This is a terrorist attack

sad sad sad

03-27-03 10:57 PM
littleredrooster If I was an Iraqi, I'd choose Saddam over any other World leader.
Why?
Because Saddam has been so nice to me, my family, my country and is the best thing sice sliced pita!

By the way, my hero Saddam gave me the number of one of his many Swiss bank accounts so that I could buy all the 3rd Infantry, and 1st Marine Expeditionary Tribe a beer when they get to Baghdad !!
He has billions more stashed away, but he now will share!

You are right !
He is the people's leader!
Stay out the Bushes!
03-27-03 11:38 PM
icydanger
i would'nt chose any

why share $ with saddam?
$$$mixes

cheeers to the troops beers
*sigh
(how much $ do they share with burning bushes, im sure a beer would be welcome)
thats one thing the iraqis cant share with the troops
03-28-03 01:32 AM
Fiji Joe Ahh icy...I see you found the glue again
03-28-03 08:00 AM
cocksucker Yeah Ici maybe you can put some glue between Fiji Jim's lips
03-28-03 08:49 AM
telecaster All I know is if Mathias, Saddam, N. Korea, vampire, Syria
and cocksucker are pissed, good things must be happening.
03-28-03 08:54 AM
cocksucker It only proofs that you don't know too much
03-28-03 10:35 AM
nankerphelge Saw a hysterical picture this morning of a woman holding a sign that read "Lesbians Against Bush"

I'm gonna be chucklin' about that all day!

I should think PIE would unite them!!
03-28-03 11:26 AM
Maxlugar This war is being run by a Bush and Dick and a Colin!

Everyone is represented!

MACKY!
03-28-03 11:34 AM
icydanger

glue, well maybe

french kissing

(its not my dads glue, he is a hawk's fan and doesnt use the same sort of glue)

glue is the essential link to the Rolling stones
sticking together 40 year
03-28-03 03:49 PM
remco Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

lof,

remco
03-28-03 03:53 PM
glencar Yes, illiterate folks like pictures, remmy. Deliver us from the easily amused when we're in times of strife...
03-28-03 03:57 PM
remco well. here's another one then, enjoy!!:

Ocmer Neveohret
[Edited by remco]
03-28-03 04:04 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
This war is being run by a Bush and Dick and a Colin!

Everyone is represented!

MACKY!

Not everyone. We'd need Reno calling some plays to cover the hemaphrodytes.

{{[[CRAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK]]}}

Steve: "There it goes! I tell ya Bob, the audacity this sirmoonie kid is showing this year is phenomenal. He's taking this places it hasn't gone before."

Bob: "He's overrated. Mostly nonsensical quips and little actual knowledge of what he's talking about."

Steve: "Well Bob, I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinions.................even pro-Iraqi fags apparently."

Bob: "Typical war mongering from the Bush crowd! You don't know your ass from a hole in your head."

Steve: "Oh yeah, well America is better than anywhere!"

Bob: "Oh, so I'm unAmerican because I'm anti-sirmoonie? You are such a retard!"

Steve: "Suck my dick, Bob."

Bob: "Fuck you, Steve."
03-28-03 04:10 PM
parmeda LMFAO!
03-28-03 08:59 PM
Maxlugar OoooOOooooOOOooooo!

Nice work Moonie!
03-29-03 10:23 AM
LadyJane The following is a quote from my good pal, Randy's webpage. He's funny as hell and would be a welcome addition to this Board. Too bad he's sooo busy with his own band, Mommy Super High!! We DO have fun in Buffalo.

"Hey War Protestors:

If George W. Bush isn't listening to
Russia, China, France, Germany, Canada or Mexico...
what makes you think he's going to
listen to a white hippie boy with dreadlocks
banging on his room mate's bongo drum?"

LadyJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
03-29-03 11:44 AM
FPM C10
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
"Hey War Protestors:

LadyJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]

Which part of that is supposed to be funny?
03-29-03 12:09 PM
Highwire Rob Richard Pearle just resigned his Deputy Secretary of Defense role...

Hmmmm... one of the two (with Paul Wolfowitz) orchestrators of the present war...

What's up Dick? War not going the way you planned in the White Paper with Paul? I'll take peace activist bongo players any day--at least they stand and account for their music!
03-29-03 01:58 PM
LadyJane
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Which part of that is supposed to be funny?

Hey to each his own, FPM, to each his own!!

LadyJ.
03-30-03 05:54 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm very puzzled by the continued protests especially when the Iraqi people are cheering the arrival of the Coalition forces. What do you make of the citizens tearing down the billboards of Sadamm's face? How does it make you feel to see Coalition forces tending with care to the surrendering troops? And boy do those troops look like they need food and water!! Sadamm and his sons are couple of winners aren't they? Rape rooms and torture chambers. Sounds like a fun place!

Yet, millions are taking to the streets again today to express outrage at the "Evil Aggressors", Bush and Blair?

I don't get it.

Somebody help me out here.

LadyJ.

They protest war because their hearts, minds, and souls tell them that:

War is the greatest of crimes against humanity.
War is the least civilized of paths to take.
War is destructive, not creative.
War is about death, not life.

They protest because war is not a sport.
They protest because war is not an art.
They protest because war is not a solution.

They protest because there is no need for huge numbers of dead people.
They protest because there is no need for more cripples.
They protest because there is no need for more widows.
They protest because there is no need for more orphans.
They protest because there is no need for more damage to the Earth.
They protest because there is no need for the wasted billions of dollars.

They protest THIS war because it is started by an unelected leader who
has no respect for the world, diplomacy, democracy or law.

Does the world need more of this kind of brutality?

29 March 2003: Wounded Iraqi girl, held by US marines,
in central Iraq, screams for her dead mother, while her
father, shot in a leg, begs to be freed from the plastic
wrist cuffs slapped on him by US marines, so he could
hug his other terrified daughter.

JAIL THE WARMONGERS.
03-30-03 06:21 AM
Pattie

cheifmoon:

Amen!

finally someone spiritual and "connected"! God bless and lots of love from me
03-30-03 10:42 AM
LadyJane Well, I see the tide has turned a bit. That's cool. This is a discussion and a very emotional topic.

For all of you naysayers, do a google search on Saddam Hussein and read all about the atrocities he and his sons have committed against their OWN people.

Chiefmoon--I don't agree with you but I respect your right to express your thoughts. Isn't that the great beauty of living in a country that allows free speech? If we lived in Iraq and spoke out against our leader, we'd have our TONGUES CUT OUT!!

No, war is not a SPORT. It's not a game. It SUCKS. I personally see this military action as a preemptive strike against a brutal dictator who, if left in power, WILL inflict more and more pain and agony on Iraqi citizens and eventually the rest of the World. He's already been proven to have lied about chemical weapons. You say Mr. Bush has no respect for international law. How about Saddam's 12 years of ignoring UN resolutions calling for him to disarm? Resolutions, I might add that were approved by a UNANIMOUS voice of world opinion!!

You show us the face of a wounded Iraqi child. Of COURSE that makes my heart break. HOW MANY SIMILAR PICTURES WILL WE NEVER SEE? PICTURES OF CHILDREN WEEPING AS THEIR PARENTS ARE BEING CARTED OFF TO A RAPE ROOM OR A TORTUE CHAMBER. PICTURES OF KURDISH CHILDREN THAT WERE KILLED BY SADDAM'S DEADLY GAS ATTACKS.

Hell, I'm still heartbroken by the pictures of the victims of September 11. Do you remember those?? And don't try to tell me that is an unrelated issue. Al-Qaeda and Saddam are hand in hand.

And just for the record, I'm a registered Democratic who voted for Al Gore. That said, I am proud to say I fully support President Bush! Most importantly, I support OUR TROOPS!!

LadyJ.

PS Anybody else got my back on this one???

03-30-03 10:52 AM
Moonisup it's I think better to support your troups then Bush

he isn't eating sand

and I know that all the big tv-companies don't show you the same things as they do over here in Europe, that is very very very strange, I really thought it was a free country and now their censuring the war......why?
03-30-03 01:22 PM
Fiji Joe Moon..what is it you think we're not seeing?...seriously...I'm pretty sure you don't get the same channels I do...maybe some of them...I see plenty...what I tune out is all the Arab TV horsehit...I give a damn about collateral damage...and europeans better start thinking about the collateral damage that's gonna result if all this muslim fundamentalism is left unchecked...ya'll seem to think this is some kind of game...that the US is pulling some sort of power ploy...wake the fuck up man!!!...these people's stated goal is the "end of western civilization"...that's why they start with the US...Now, I know you've stated you're pro-war...at least I think you did, but, this is a battle of many fronts...not just the obvious

And Moon, here is a really important distinction you need to make...it's not censorship when it's voluntary...the US government is not prohibiting any broadcasts...the people just don't wanne see all this anti-war horsehit flowing from abroad...we've seen it for the past fucking year...and now, it's game time and what the french coffee sippers are talking about matters nothing to us at this point...and I can see, from the European broadcasts, that it appears wwe have lost the war...what a joke...wishful thinking from the anti-american european establishment...and we will see about censorship when France and Germany's ugly little secrets are exposed when this war is over...it's gonna be nasty

03-30-03 01:23 PM
gypsymofo60 I'm gonna make this ,(try at least), my last post on this subject. Does anybody trully believe that those of us who support the coalition action, just naturally support war for the sake of it? Maybe some of you don't care about the day this madman, and his ilk manage to secrete a briefcase nuke into New York. Maybe you think it's hunky dory if an aerosol of ebola is sprayed on The Subway. When and if this is over Iraqis will celebrate the demise of this despot, Iraq after rebuilding will eventually stabilise and alot of other tyrants will, might, should think twice about upsetting The Western Alliance. Maybe some people around here could do with a six month holiday in Baghdad, incognito,(as an Iraqi citizen). I have Iraqi friends, two of them spent time in Saddam's army fighting The Iranians. One of them was stationed in Southern Iraq as The 91 Gulf war broke out, his ordeal led him eventually to Jordan, and by a very long route to Australia where he was granted asylum. His family were not so lucky. Like alot of other soldiers who knew that they were fighting for a despot, and crossed the border when his unit was decimated in the desert, his family were rounded up and DISPOSED OF. That photo someone is tackily displaying of the Iraqi child, very classy, and they tell me I'm going to be banned??????? Fine set of priorities that are set out Trinity people, damn fine.
03-30-03 01:26 PM
littleredrooster As stated in another thread....
That picture is from a S American Coca Cartel bombing campaign.

Courtesy of The S American Government Of The Month Club.

Don't like the government???
Don't worry there will be another one in power in 48 hours!

i love stability!
03-30-03 01:30 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Well, I see the tide has turned a bit. That's cool. This is a discussion and a very emotional topic.

For all of you naysayers, do a google search on Saddam Hussein and read all about the atrocities he and his sons have committed against their OWN people.

Chiefmoon--I don't agree with you but I respect your right to express your thoughts. Isn't that the great beauty of living in a country that allows free speech? If we lived in Iraq and spoke out against our leader, we'd have our TONGUES CUT OUT!!

No, war is not a SPORT. It's not a game. It SUCKS. I personally see this military action as a preemptive strike against a brutal dictator who, if left in power, WILL inflict more and more pain and agony on Iraqi citizens and eventually the rest of the World. He's already been proven to have lied about chemical weapons. You say Mr. Bush has no respect for international law. How about Saddam's 12 years of ignoring UN resolutions calling for him to disarm? Resolutions, I might add that were approved by a UNANIMOUS voice of world opinion!!

You show us the face of a wounded Iraqi child. Of COURSE that makes my heart break. HOW MANY SIMILAR PICTURES WILL WE NEVER SEE? PICTURES OF CHILDREN WEEPING AS THEIR PARENTS ARE BEING CARTED OFF TO A RAPE ROOM OR A TORTUE CHAMBER. PICTURES OF KURDISH CHILDREN THAT WERE KILLED BY SADDAM'S DEADLY GAS ATTACKS.

Hell, I'm still heartbroken by the pictures of the victims of September 11. Do you remember those?? And don't try to tell me that is an unrelated issue. Al-Qaeda and Saddam are hand in hand.

And just for the record, I'm a registered Democratic who voted for Al Gore. That said, I am proud to say I fully support President Bush! Most importantly, I support OUR TROOPS!!

LadyJ.

PS Anybody else got my back on this one???

RIGHT BEHIND YA LJ, RIGHT BEHIND YA!
03-30-03 01:35 PM
Moonisup that picture of that kid is horrible, just is that american/ english POW's are displayed on Iraqi tv, but well, it's hard to say, that's war, wether you like it or not.
and well to understand what the extreme muslims drive, well start in the Dark ages, read further, and I think you can see why they want to (not that I agree with them, Hell no)
but Mathijs had a point, I don't know wich thread, about setting borders, and long before that, we where killing Muslims cos they wheren't Christians, and burning Protestants. Just like some countries do now by dragging american soldiers behind a car.

i trully hate this shit, but when there are humans, their war.
03-30-03 03:15 PM
icydanger Moon,
Under these circumstances, we are not fool to cry

Djembe percussions beat a strong pulse in the Apache's valley, Sioux see

LJ ,
I dont like to quote but....

"Hey War Protestors:

LJ

Anybody working in associations, or leading a group of people, knows how important it is to listen to other peoples opinion, whether subordinates or responsible. It helps to accomplish the project and gives motivation and self-respect when all ideas are taken into account, even if all suggestions are not applied after analyse with the group.

It is a shame when RS lovers go through so much to pull down others convictions. I do it too.
LJ, Remember Sasca? Didn�t she/he get his/her tongue cut off in a symbolic way?

Then I was thinking what would the boys think of that joke?

Charlie? He is a drummer and lives on beat
Ronnie? No idea
Mick? I doubt he would see the point
Keith? He would wonder why his face on the avatar is laughing. He likes bongos, reggae, and dreadlocks.

And the reason the Stones have been Rolling for so long, is because they listen (a tad) to each other.

////

Strong pulse, beware, its going to rain

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST