ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for the War Protesters!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
03-27-03 10:30 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Mathijs wrote:
Just the slightest form of criticism is enough to have Americans draw guns and start shooting.

Oh come on Mathy! I'm sick of hearing how quick we are to start shooting.

In 1991, the US put it's asses on the line to push Iraq out of Kuwait. Then when that mission was over, we stopped and let him be free. Thinking he would be put in his place and change or that the locals would take care of him themselves.

Neither happened.

So over the next twelve years we work through the UN to make sure he abides by the terms he singed when we called a cease fire. 17 resolutions in 12 YEARS!!!

Then 911 comes and we are awoken to certain situations that are growing and feel the need to take him out once and for all. What do we do? We go to the fucking UN! Those useless talkers in the security council vote unanimously to give him yet ANOTHER chance "or else".

He still doesn't disarm. So we take it upon ourselves to take him out.

So 12 years and millions of words latter we decided to take him out. That is not what I'd call quick on the draw.

The world can talk and talk and talk all they want. We're gonna take action.

And the way we do it is to risk undue harm to our own soldiers to make sure we get ONLY their military. No other country in the world has gone to such trouble to make sure we don't hurt the innocent. You might not believe it but Saddam himslef does. That's why he has now hide his military inside civilian areas.

We are a peace loving nation but know when to stop acting silly and get the job done.

[Edited by Maxlugar]
03-27-03 10:32 AM
cocksucker Mr. CS; Thus, in your eyes, we in the States are also responsible for

Global Warming
Rwanda
Cuba
Chinese intervenion into Tibet
Bombing in Bali
Mad Cow disease
Apartheid in South Africa
Any South American country economy going bankrupt
Chernobyl disaster
Chechen rebels
Extinction of the Lowland Gorilla
Several Papal assination attempts

Did I say that, Nellcote? Don't think so. I just gave you a few examples to think over. But I now know I asked too much. Sorry for bothering. Sleep well in your residence in France. Isn't that one of your enemies by the way?
03-27-03 10:38 AM
cocksucker Why don't we hear more of the liberals? Are they afraid to give their opinion?
[Edited by cocksucker]
03-27-03 10:49 AM
jb I'm quite liberal(pro-choice, support affirmative action, against tax cut for the rich even though it would benefit me), yet, I strongly support this war....and just as you say that being anti-war is not necessarily anti-american, being pro-war does not make me happy about people being killed as a consequence thereof. However, when you look at the totality of the circumstances, and given the potential of having our cities attacked by numerous forms of weapons which could wipe out tens of thousands, the benefit of removing a murderous dictator like Hussein, substantially outweigh the unfortunate and often tragic consequences of war.
[Edited by jb]
03-27-03 10:54 AM
cocksucker Finally someone who talks sense. JB you have more brains than many of your fellow compatriots who just ventilate their ultra right thoughts over and over again on this board.
03-27-03 10:59 AM
Nellcote Hey CS;

The French will always be The French. They, like every other country which cannot support itself, will be at the US doorstep, once Saddam is removed, with their hand out looking for money to prop up their economy, or to be let into Iraq to assist in the rebuilding, your country included. Why not get on board the train, to work in Iraq yourself? You too can realize how sweet it is to have a US handout, for laying about, doing nothing to help yourself.
Or, quite possibly, this is happening already, depending upon your locale.

It's not my fault The Stones chose The South of France to record their best album. The Brits were ready to tax their arses into oblivion.

03-27-03 11:12 AM
Pattie
Im not afraid to state my opinion, I�m against the war and I�m against Bush.
03-27-03 11:15 AM
telecaster
03-27-03 11:20 AM
Fiji Joe So, Pattie, tuck your head between your knees and vote for Al Sharpton in the upcoming election and maybe all your dreams will come true...thank ya jesus, thank ya lawd...
03-27-03 11:23 AM
jb Fiji, I think Patti is from Holland.
03-27-03 11:28 AM
Pattie
Sweden Jb, Sweden.
03-27-03 11:29 AM
Scot Rocks I am still against the war, (I am not a pacifist btw) I don't want to see any troops die, but I don't think that they should be there in the first place.

Mark
03-27-03 11:50 AM
Maxlugar The cause is good.

While it may be true that Saddam had no DIRECT link to 911, he sure as hell loved it and would like to see it happen again. Will would like to help make it happen.

Shit, can anyone name another head of state that had an ode to 911 painted as a mural on the wall of their military head quarters? Sick sick sick fuck that must die.

Take a look and this great work of Iraqi "art":

http://www.newsmax.com/

They can't even paint good. With all the pictures of the Twin Towers out there, you'd think they'd able to make a better likeness.

Douche bags.

03-27-03 12:58 PM
Mathijs My god Nellcote, have you ever even been outside the US???:

>The French will always be The French. They, like every >other country which cannot support itself, will be at the >US doorstep, once Saddam is removed, with their hand out >looking for money to prop up their economy, or to be let

What is your opinion about Europe? Have you ever been there? Have you ever been in France? "cannot support itself"? You're making yourself really rediculous with statemens like this.

Mathijs
03-27-03 01:06 PM
Scot Rocks Are you from Sweden Pattie, the same country as the amazing Henrik Larsson!!!!

Cool!!!!

NO TO WAR!!!!!!!

Mark
03-27-03 01:07 PM
Mathijs And I also get sick and tired of this "thanks to America you don't speak German and walk funny now". Yes, thank you very much. America, with the help of 40 million Russians, Canadian, Polish, Scandanavian and yougoslavian partizans helped beat the Germans in WWII. But, should this give America a reason to interfere in a country whenever they like? Should Europe give thanks to the US for the coming 100 years and shut up everytime we disagrea with the US? If we play it like this, than the US should be eternally thankfull to the Spanish for wiping out the Indian (sorry, Native Americans as you call them) population, the Dutch for building up New York and sending thousands of poor people to the "New Land", the Irish for leaving Ireland due the the big femmine, the Brits for...and on and on.

Stop this WWII bullshit. It's 55 years later, Germany is an entire different country now, thw world is an entire different world now.

Mathijs
03-27-03 01:18 PM
Nellcote The French want what is only good for the French.
If we cut off their aid, they would bitch and moan all day long.
They will demand a financial in the rebuilding of Iraq.
America is too lienient in whom it gives funds towards.
Let's see more support to our effort from our European friends towards the irradication of terror, rather than mealy mouthed, slime statements, decades of turning their back type attitude the French govt has exhibited. Why are WWII Veterans here in the United States lining up to return their French presented medals? Because France is a gutless wonder. Oh sure, they will be right at our door, when Saddam uses chem weapons, ready to hurl croissants and brie at the Fedeyeen Saddam. Big F'n deal! Let them and all others eat sand, when the gravy train is halted!
03-27-03 01:20 PM
Pattie
yep me and Henrik Larsson, but between you and me I�m a Milan fan myself!
03-27-03 01:21 PM
Moonisup on 1 thing 1 agree,

Chirac thinks he is Lodewijk the fourteenth, the sunking
03-27-03 01:25 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Pattie wrote:

yep me and Henrik Larsson, but between you and me I�m a Milan fan myself!

LOL, ah well nobody is perfect, haha Celtic are gonna win the UEFA this year!!!! Liverpool, Celta Vigo and Stuttgart have all fallen to us!

Seville will be my home for 3 days in 8 weeks! I think it will be Lazio that we will end up playing in the final.

Ciao

Mark
03-27-03 01:34 PM
telecaster
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Stop this WWII bullshit. It's 55 years later, Germany is an entire different country now, thw world is an entire different world now.

Mathijs

WWI, WWII, Bosnia. All things started in Europe that
the US had to resolve. Period.

And lets not forget about that pesky Marshall Plan
03-27-03 01:38 PM
Pattie
Milan will win the Champions League! We�ve got Pippo Inzaghi baby!! we�ll win I tells ya!
03-27-03 01:40 PM
Moonisup no no no

not milan,

Stormvogels telstar combinatie
03-27-03 01:41 PM
Pattie
Milan Milan!!
03-27-03 02:03 PM
Highwire Rob And Pattie, thanks for Michael & Anders Svensson!!

GO SAINTS!

(I'm a displaced Southampton Saints fan )
03-27-03 02:24 PM
Pattie
you�re welcome! although I didn�t personally bring them into this world.
03-27-03 03:40 PM
littleredrooster Go Yankees!
Take back the World Series Crown that is rightfully yours!
03-27-03 04:44 PM
F505 Pattie have you ever heard of Ajax???
03-27-03 05:56 PM
Pattie
off course! My dear Zlatan plays for them.
03-27-03 06:06 PM
Fiji Joe JB wrote:

"Fiji, I think Patti is from Holland."

Which makes it all the more odd that she be so obsessed with my president and my nation's politics instead of the real issue at hand...what to do with a drunken tyrant?...

Oh yeah, one can criticize another's leader...but their credibility has to be questioned...and their motives

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST