ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for the War Protesters!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
03-23-03 07:29 PM
Jaxx
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

We live in one. We don't give a FUCK what the rest of the world thinks and have already ok'd the use of nukes by battlefield commanders.

If Bush was going after N Korea instead of Saddam there would not be much, if any, protest about it. The way things LOOK is that Bush has a personal vendetta against Saddam

FPM, i prefer to think of the US as spoiled children as opposed to a rogue nation. our anti war protestors have the right to protest this war. the folks in iraq get severely punished (tongues cut out, relatives arrested as well) for even a joke uttered against their president. no one in any country should be forced to live in such fear and oppression.

btw, i didn't vote for bush either. i don't agree with what he's done, but whats done is done. you make a good point, tho, about north korea. in my mind they are the real threat. however sadaam is financially supporting terrorism uses chemical weapons on his own citizens and is breeding a dynasty of tyrants in his heirs. you can't deny that the man is dangerous even if it appears to be a personal vendetta passed down by bush sr. i am hoping the nukes continue to collect dust. i am opposed to any nation using nukes, including the usa.
03-24-03 12:05 AM
TracyGene
quote:
hayo wrote:
Because Bush is starting this war without permission from the u.n.
The fact that we're better of without Saddam doesn't make this war legal or nessecary in anyway.
If only Gore won the elections in Miami...

God help us if Gore would have won.At the least,we would have been bored to death.
03-24-03 01:27 AM
Sir Stonesalot >The stuff we're being fed by Bush's mouthpieces makes no sense. "Saddam ignored the UN, so he must be punished, even if we have to ignore the UN to do it." "Saddam MIGHT have weapons" - although you'd think if he DID we'd have seen a few of them used by now - yet N Korea has proudly declared that they definitely DO. Everybody's throwing around the word "appeasement", but that is the ONLY word for what we're doing in Korea. "Our fight is with Saddam, not the Iraqis", yet last night the government said that it's "irrelevant" whether Saddam is alive or dead.<

FPM....the whole problem with your supposition is that what we are being told by the gov't is actually coming to pass.

The Iraqis HAVE used weapons that violate UN sanctions. To date they have fired off approx. 7 unsanctioned missles. Since all of those weapons were destroyed by countermeasures prior to impact, it has not been determined if any of the warheads were of the chemical or biological nature. When Coalition forces get closer to Bahgdad, we'll see what kind of artillery gets thrown into play. Most chem and bio weapons are delivered by artillery. Also we have captured a chemical factory that is suspected to produce weapons grade chemicals. It was camoflaged and guarded by a detachment led by a full general. The UN had no knowledge that this place existed. We'll have to see how that plays out.

And please, don't fret about Kim Jong Ill and N. Korea. They are up next. We are appeasing them for the moment...until we get Saddam taken care of. Then they get our full attention.

Honestly, it really IS irrelevant if Saddam is dead. Even if Saddam is dead, his regime is still functioning. The object is to remove the Hussein Regime...not just Saddam. The Iraqis could have ended this thing real quick by producing Saddam's body, and putting down their weapons. There would have been no need for "Shock & Awe". It could have been over before it started....but that is NOT the way the Hussein Regime has decided to play this out. Personally, I don't think Saddam is dead. If he had died, I think the Iraqis would have come forward immediately and surrendered. Just MHO.

>We live in one. We don't give a FUCK what the rest of the world thinks and have already ok'd the use of nukes by battlefield commanders.<

Oh come on. You can't really mean that you think that the USA is a "rogue" nation. We certainly DO give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks. If we didn't, we wouldn't have bothered going to the UN in the first place. We would have taken care of this 12 years ago! We tried diplomacy for 12 YEARS. It didn't work. You will find that there is an even larger Coalition this time than in 1991. We had 30 nations behind us then...there are now 46 on board the current Coalition.

I think you will find that we don't really care what France, Russia, Germany, and China think. And why do we not care about what they think? Because, and I think information that will be revealed in the coming weeks will bear me out, they all had their hands in the Iraqi cookie jar. It has already been uncovered that there have been recent arms sales by both French and Russian defense companies...in direct violation of the UN.

Have you noticed how the above mentioned nations, even though they have given 0% support for what we are doing, are already trying to weasle their way into the post-Saddam administration of Iraq? Now THAT would be a joke. Sons of the US, UK, and Oz wet the desert with blood...and we let the French and Russians decide Iraq's fate? Yeah right.

Oh, and by the way, Thomas Jefferson was one of the biggest 2 faced pricks on the planet in his day. As duplicitous as they came. He preached that "All men were created equal", and touted abolition. Yet he never freed any of his 300+ slaves...in fact, he would pay off his debtors in slaves when he was short on cash flow. It was widely documented that he would flog his runaways himself, and had slave mistresses. He hated the Federalists with a passion, yet refered to Virginia as his "soveriegn nation". He also stated many times that a populist voting method was a huge mistake. He thought that the common man was incapable of deciding who should represent them in Congress...on a State or National level. he said that a popular vote was fine for the House of Representatives, but not for the Senate or Chief Exectutive. He said that the common man was incapable of making proper decisions. Mr. Jefferson was also an extremely vain man. Everything he did, he did with an eye toward how he would be remebered. He compromised his personal beliefs for the sake of looking good for posterity. In other words...he was a politician. He was one of our Founding Fathers, and died over $100,000 in debt. So you can point to what Jefferson said all you like....but chances were that he didn't really mean it....it just looked good on paper.
03-24-03 03:00 AM
L&A War = 200.000.000.000 USD

God, with all that money, you could save a lot of children around the world... and stop terrorism.
03-24-03 07:18 AM
JaggaRichards
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Clinton never won a majority in both of his elections either

Neither did Lincoln in 1860
03-24-03 08:42 AM
Maxlugar Two points that I'm glad you brought up Essessy:

1) North Korea. You are damn straight they will be getting our attention after Saddam. I just hope that all the people that have been saying we need to deal with them and not Saddam are being truthful. Because you are right, we are appeasing them for now. And they will be dealt with after Iraq. But this will be a HUGE fight. They have a million + standing army. Just about the whole population is in the reserves. This will be a shit storm of blood. So I wonder just how much people who say they want us to deal with them really mean it. I don't think we have a choice.

2) World Opinion. You are so right about that. The WHOLE reason Saddamn is still in power is because Bush Sr. didn't want to over step his bounds and go right up to Baghdad to take Saddam out. The UN mandate called for kicking Iraq out of Kuwait. We did that and stopped (pretty much). Bush didn't want to ruffle the feathers of the world. Then for 12 years we relied on the world to help us disarm them. THEN, Bush Jr jumps through hoops to get the UN to owe up to their words and get him the disarm to no avail.

We tried but France, Germany and Russia want to screw us for oil.

03-24-03 09:23 AM
nankerphelge I think North Korea will get enough material to make a few bombs, shut down the reactor and will want to get its sorry ass to the bargaining table before they star in the made-for-TV special "Shock and Awe II -- Peninsula on Fire."
03-24-03 09:32 AM
cocksucker MaxLugar you are really sick man (read: megalomaniac). Please help this man!
03-24-03 10:03 AM
LadyJane Hey Cocksucker:

I just awoke to see one of the first casulties is a 26 year old Marine from Buffalo, NY, my hometown. You probably don't know much about Buffalo, but it's a relatively large city with a small town feel. Everyone knows everyone.

So what would you have me say to the family. "I'm glad your son is dead? He deserved it? He was breaking international law?"

Just curious!

LadyJ.

03-24-03 10:06 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
MaxLugar you are really sick man (read: megalomaniac). Please help this man!

How so?
03-24-03 10:10 AM
Boomhauer PIE is the hizzy!

Your friend,

Boomietang
[Edited by Boomhauer]
03-24-03 10:27 AM
cocksucker LadyJane wrote:
So what would you have me say to the family. "I'm glad your son is dead? He deserved it? He was breaking international law?"

Why do you ask me that question? It was not my idea to sent troups to Iraq in the first place. In my opinion he could have stayed home and he would be still alive.
Very sorry though.
03-24-03 10:32 AM
telecaster I wonder if cocksucker ever heard of a band called "The Rolling Stones"

Nah, too busy flaming on message boards.

Checkout their music sometime cocksucker, you might like it

And you do have the most fitting name on this board
03-24-03 10:35 AM
jb My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the heroes who died this weekend to protect our freedom. I also pray for those taken prisoners of war, who at this very moment are being mistreated / tortured in contravention of the Geneva Convention, and more importantly, in contravention of God's laws. We have provided food, shelter, and medical care for the 1000's of Iraqi soldiers who have surrended...Why are there no protesters on the streets demanding that Saddam and or his henchmen, treat our soldiers humanely? This is about as appalling as it gets, and I am so disappointed with some of my fellow countrymen who are willing to protest in support of a tyranical murderer, but ignore his atrocities and his treatment of our brave POW's...
I was extremely depressed this weekend watching these "blame america first" protesters, who owe their very right to protest to the real heroes fighting in a desert 1000's of miles away for our benefit....does anyone else feel the outrage and shame that I am?

[Edited by jb]
03-24-03 10:41 AM
cocksucker Telecaster, because of the fact you're listening to the Rolling Stones so often you might have heard of a song called Cocksucker Blues? Or do you only play your Biggest Hit album? My "name" is a tribute to the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world. I can't say the same from your rather dull and meaningless nick. But is probably accurate because you are just what your nick is.
03-24-03 10:48 AM
L&A I'm really afraid with that decision to breake the international laws... I know Saddam did it before, but when that kind of decision comes from a democratic country, it's different. You cannot use UN to fix the limits in armament, and then divert UN to make war. UN fall into disrepute, and it is an open door to everything, even to a 3rd Worldwar...

Just my opinion.
03-24-03 10:52 AM
LadyJane JB-I agree with you 100%!! MANY of us do!!

You've summed it up perfectly!!

LadyJ.

03-24-03 11:02 AM
telecaster I hear ya jb and agree with you 100% obviously.

Always remember freedom is never free.......
03-24-03 11:12 AM
Doxa " was extremely depressed this weekend watching these "blame
america first" protesters, who owe their very right to
protest to the real heroes fighting in a desert 1000's
of miles away for our benefit..."

Oh, I certainly couldn�t believe that the great almighty
U.S. is in such a weak condition nowadays
that without fighting for their freedom in a desert
1000's of miles away there will be no freedom of speech
or democracy or any manifesteation of "liberty"
any more. I really didn�t understand that things are so
bad for you. Now I understand; you guys are fighting
for your life! Good luck, trust yourselves, my brave
heroes! Your enemy may be a scaring and powerful
one, but I believe in you.

Doxa

03-24-03 11:13 AM
sirmoonie How come we don't want the Turkwads to move forces into Northern Iraq? I thought we wanted a coalition.

Seriously, someone needs to help me out on this one.

Is it because they hate the Kruds? Fuck that! The Kruds are no better than Iraqis! In fact, they are freakin' Iraqis!

I say let the Turks attack and then they can be heroic freedom fighters too, instead of just scumbaginistical Turks like they are now.

Who's with me?!
03-24-03 11:30 AM
Maxlugar Did anyone ever see Midnight Express? Those Turks can bring on the mad punishment.
03-24-03 11:33 AM
Nellcote Sir Moonie;

Turks in the north spell a war within a war, as they will fight their arch enemy, The Kurds. This is the reason US was not granted base or flyover rights to Turkey, as the US does not want this action. Turks want the oil access in Kirkut. Great US ally for year, however, this whole Turk item is far to volitale.

Hey CS....has Natalie Maines had her way with yourself yet? Sure, the US did side with Saddam in the early 80's, as US Hostages were being held by Iran during that time. We wanted our hostages, Saddam wanted to win the war he had with Iran. But that was so long ago, Saddam is not even using that weaponry. He now prefers to use his French and Russian equipment, as they have been supplying ARMS FOR OIL, thus the reason France & Russia have been unwilling to join the coalition.

I think Susan Sarandon is eager to have her way with you, followed by The High Princess of Empty, Jessica Lange, followed by the Queen of Clingon, Bianca Jagger...
03-24-03 11:54 AM
sirmoonie Thanks Nellcote, I wasn't up to speed on that one.

Seems like it will be hard to stop them though. We can't say what happens in Iraq doesn't affect them. Will have to make it worth their while not to invade, I suppose. $$$.
03-24-03 12:20 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
Why are there no protesters on the streets demanding that Saddam and or his henchmen, treat our soldiers humanely? This is about as appalling as it gets, and I am so disappointed with some of my fellow countrymen who are willing to protest in support of a tyranical murderer, but ignore his atrocities and his treatment of our brave POW's...
I was extremely depressed this weekend watching these "blame america first" protesters, who owe their very right to protest to the real heroes fighting in a desert 1000's of miles away for our benefit....does anyone else feel the outrage and shame that I am?

Well said, jb...I hear ya loud and clear.
I am so sick and tired of these bleeding hearts already...
03-24-03 12:31 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:

parmeda also keep in mind the resources they are drawing
away from terrorsim. Thousands of police, etc have to be pulled off other stuff to babysit some idiots that wants
to beat up a newspaper stand or smash a store window or
stop traffic

03-24-03 12:35 PM
parmeda Oh Tele...I know.
And these are the same types that will cry when they go back to their homes and businesses to find them amok.
03-24-03 12:59 PM
TracyGene
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Nice one,Parmeda.These bleeding hearts will protest any and everything until something happens to them.Then they will come crying for help from the very same people they are protesting against!JB,you got it right again.Well done.
03-24-03 01:30 PM
Fiji Joe Cocksucker is merely troll...has has no interest whatsoever in the Stones...Just a sad ugly disgusting little troll which I will not pay to cross his bridge
03-24-03 03:18 PM
cocksucker Fiji Jim you are the perfect symbol of ultra right wing America: a fat ignorant gnome of the MacDonald's consumption society. Besides as I said earlier you would be a perfect stand-in for Hussein. Your irritant, rude and dictatorial behaviour does the rest! (And it would help you to get a job)
03-24-03 03:34 PM
Maxlugar The pictures of those little animals climbing all over one of our Apache helicopters makes me ill.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST