ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Rolling Clones (US) Last Waltz today!
The Beat Kitchen - 2100 West Beltmont - Chicago
Click here for more.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question for the War Protesters!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
03-22-03 05:45 PM
Riffhard Back atcha' nanky! Kind of spoils all the anti war protesters fun I'm afraid huh? The protesters are gonna have a dozen eggs on their faces when all is said and done. I for one will be right in thier face with a big "Told you so assholes!" The dancing in the streets of Baghdad is going to be a joy to watch! The protesters are gonna have alot of 'splaining to do!

Riffhard
03-22-03 05:53 PM
Maxlugar [quote]cocksucker wrote:
Why did the US contribute to establish the Saddam
regime in the first place? Was it to help the people from Iraq? Was it to establish a democracy?

And again it stayed silent.

We tolerated Saddam because of what Telecaster says, indeed. The enemy of my enemy is my friend thing has been a reality for thousands of years.

But I am a little sick of hearing this bullshit that we created or "established" Saddam as you say. Saddam needed no help climbing the ranks and murdering his way into power, Cocksucker. If you like, I will find you some great literature on this. It may help you break out of that "The CIA controls everything" mindset.

03-22-03 06:01 PM
F505 Riffhard wrote:
Any other choice is pure hypocrisy and all your credibility is shot.

No, support a dictator (Hussein) because another dictator (the Shah of Iran) has became useless is credible. Both are mass murderers and the States have supported them both. What do you mean, hypocrisy?
How about dozens of other dictators (ruthless mass murderes) the USA supported because of common interests? Your country is one of the last to talk about moral judgements. Don't get me wrong. I am not anti USA but any self-criticism would suit you.
03-22-03 06:02 PM
sirmoonie Of all the world's governments, the United Kingdom's is the only one that is not truly bad and America's is the first one that is truly good.

<----------------This dude.
03-22-03 06:09 PM
cocksucker Nice company: a bunch of right-wingers with fascistic views. It's a bloody shame the Stones have these kinds of "fans".
03-22-03 06:09 PM
icydanger enemy of an emi
�a damme

?
watt that?

makkk y?

BOOOOOMMMMM i shoot u!
but:
(u didnt feel u watch in TV)

*exceptional: i should looooooooooof/g out

03-22-03 06:12 PM
icydanger
cock sucker
im not gay
so what? i think the stones (at least MJ & KR) wouldnt mind

freedom fighters
03-22-03 06:42 PM
Riffhard
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
Nice company: a bunch of right-wingers with fascistic views. It's a bloody shame the Stones have these kinds of "fans".

You have alot of nerve asshole! Did you not read the UPI story that I posted?! You claim to support the innocent Iraqis yet you ignore the fact that they are dancing in the streets and crying tears of joy for the arrival of the US and Brittish troops! Whatever cocklicker,I could give two shits what you think. The fact that the average Iraqi citizen is pleading for this action tells me that you and your kind will end up looking like the assholes that you are. You don't care at all about the Iraqis. You just hate my country and my president. Forgive me if I take the word of the Iraqi men,women,and children that are applauding the US and Brittish troops as well as president Bush over yours. It's just that they have much more credibility than you do.

I can't wait until this is over so we can shove it in your face!

USA!
USA!
USA!

UK!
UK!
UK!

Dosen't that just piss you off cocksmoker? I hope so!!!

Riffhard
03-22-03 06:48 PM
Pattie

Riffard, I say this with all respect, I really do, don�t take this the wrong way, but you really need to get laid.
03-22-03 06:55 PM
Riffhard LOL! Pattie is that an offer? I won't say I'm up for grabs,but open for offers!

I just get a wee bit irked when someone accusses me of being a fascist just because I support the ousting of a madman like Saddam. In a gallop poll released today %70 of all Americans support this war. There is no doubt that America is the furthest thing from a facsist state. So with all due respect,the veiws of Europe are not really ones that I care about right now. They do tend to piss us off though considering all that my country as done for the rest of the world.

Riffhard
03-22-03 06:59 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Pattie wrote:
Riffard, I say this with all respect, I really do, don�t take this the wrong way, but you really need to get laid.

Just so you know babe, I have REFUSED to call them "freedom fries."

Engorging........
03-22-03 07:11 PM
Pattie
haha I guess it�s an offer, no one should be without sex. I understand that you get pissed off, but I don�t want you to hate us from Europe. Lots of people where I live hate America, and I always try to make them see the good things about the states, cause I�ve been there and I loved it. But Europe is also great, full of wonderful culture and people.
03-22-03 07:12 PM
JaggaRichards Pave over France!
Britain needs more parking space!
03-22-03 07:14 PM
Pattie
Sirmoonie, I�m not French and I�ve never cared much for France myself, so I don�t care what you call them! haha, but those yoplait yogurts sure are good!
03-22-03 07:52 PM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
icydanger wrote:

hope N� 44 will be better, numbers

Ok LJ, cant help myself,,,,,did you see the "towel heads" dancing in the streets and eating lamb? :O ?

images....

many lies lay behind truth

none knows exactly unless being actually.... in them shoes
(what shoes?)
ive got the bluuuuuuuuuessssssssss

Now, that is cheesy.

How many times must I say it? Saddam, and specifically his jackal sons, were behind Sep 11. Don't you people know whats really happening? Can't you read between the lines?

03-22-03 09:20 PM
icydanger

no i dont read
behind or between lines???
cheese with or without holes?

too many various interpretations

behind or between pants?

RO this will be the last time... ROFL
03-22-03 09:40 PM
Fiji Joe F505 wrote:

"Man please, do you really mean that? It's really arrogant to think people can't have a balanced opinion because of the fact they don't agree with Bush."

Yes, that's exactly what I mean...Give me some justification for inaction other than "war is never the answer" or "innocent lives will be lost"...I have not heard one rational jutification for inaction...All I;ve heard is crap like: "America built Saddam", or "America is trying to be world's policeman" or "Bush is a moron", etc. etc....None of which is an excuse for inaction...assume all those statements are all true...What's the point?...It does not change the fact that Saddam and a whole host of other bad guys need to be eradicated from the planet...Somethings are wrong by any standard...

And please don't give me that give inspections more time crap..will that be the solution in N. Korea, who ousted the inspectors?

So, I respectfully disagree with your thoughts on THIS issue and do indeed beleive that the overwhelming majority of anti-war protestors are either Anti-Bush or anti-amerecan...take a look at how many of these protests are organized by marxists...Now, you cannot love America and be a marxist

03-22-03 09:43 PM
Fiji Joe Riffhard, you'll have to forgive cocksuker...His unending hate has shrunk his penis to the size of a toothpick and he's having a real hard time keeping a girlfriend...It's that whole yin and yang thang...
03-22-03 10:05 PM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
icydanger wrote:

no i dont read
behind or between lines???
cheese with or without holes?

too many various interpretations

behind or between pants?

RO this will be the last time... ROFL

That would be bleu cheese.

If you really need to ask, I can't explain it to you.

Thanks for giving me the last word.
03-23-03 12:12 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
Nice company: a bunch of right-wingers with fascistic views. It's a bloody shame the Stones have these kinds of "fans".

Oh, c'mon, cocksucker. That ain't cool. You can say whatever you want, but challenging the 'fandom' of others ain't allowed. It's a *Stones board*. We wouldn't be here if we didn't love 'em just as much as you do.

Alright, I'll answer your question, and keep in mind it's very late for me and I'm having difficulty typing as I was in Chicago recently on the run from some (note: not all - some I met were very nice) anti-war protesters and haven't gotten a lot of sleep in the past few days. (Wonderful people. "We love peace! Death to Bush and Fascist America! Kill! Kill!")

Yeah, the US did indeed help Iraq in the past. And you know what? That was wrong. Yes, you're absolutely right, in a perfect world, we should have recognized from the very beginning that supporting fascists or mad dictators against the threat of communism wasn't the right answer, nor was pitting countries we could no longer control against each other. Fact is, it's now 2003. With the world as it is today, that's no longer a viable option, and we've recognized how wrong it is as a result of not practicing it. Yes, that was wrong.

But put that behind you. Once again, it's 2003. What's done is done. We can't unmake it.

But we can *rectify it*. This guy, Hussein, he's a maniac. Did we help to put him there? Probably. Were we wrong to do such? Hell yeah, if we did. But now he's pushing the limits. And yeah, we all know he and Osama hate each other, but what if he realizes "Hey, there's no way I'm makin' it outta here this time... he's as good a way to stick it to America as any" and forks over the Anthrax and so forth to our other buddy we gave a hand to in the 80s? That'd be pretty damn terrible, and my guess is he's already begun doing it.

He has the technology he wasn't supposed to have. We know that - he's been lobbing it into Kuwait occasionally, then having his ambassador to the UN deny it.

I don't like the idea of using war as the first resort any more than you, cocksucker, and I think a few more days to really go in and push a teetering France and Russia over to our side (if we'd told the truth from the beginning it would have helped as well - I dislike Mr. Bush's foreign relations strategies immensely) wouldn't have hurt.

As it is now, it's a war against a maniac dictator with an emphasis on minimalizing civilian casualties, which is the best we could have hoped for, here. So yeah, I guess in the end I'm more pro-war than anti-war just because I think Hussein needs to be removed. But I still think Bush is a moron and he hasn't made us any friends with his stupid approach.

On the other hand, some of these anti-war protesters are absolute and complete morons. Getting out there and yelling horrid things at soldiers who, like it or not, are fighting for the ideals that allow them to protest is moronic and morally irreprehensable. And some of them just get out there because they like to get attention? Don't believe me? Tomorrow I'll tell some of my Chicago stories.

In conclusion - I don't like war, and I don't like the way we got into it, but it's a good thing Saddam's getting ousted, and I do think it needed to happen.

And now I'm going to bed. Rock on, Rocks off!

-tSYX --- It all looks fine to the naked eye, but it don't really happen that way at all...
03-23-03 01:21 AM
Fiji Joe Savage...any hints of decorum directed at cocksucker were lost the day he came to this board...he's a troll...pure and simple
03-23-03 04:38 AM
cocksucker tsyx:
What I mean is: too many Americans here just repeat what Bush tells them to believe. They just obey. They don't have critical self opinions. And that's exactly what people do who live in fascistic states.

Long live the Dixie Chicks!!!
03-23-03 05:33 AM
Nellcote Hey CS;

Looks like you can have Natalie Maines deal with your member satisfaction issue.
03-23-03 12:51 PM
Hannalee BBC News Online spoke to human rights activist Bianca Jagger as she marched along side union bosses and leaders of the Stop the War Coalition.

One protester screamed her opposition as she passed Downing Street
She said: "We are letting the prime minister know that we oppose his decision to go to war without the support of the people in this country, without the support of the United Nations, in contravention of international law.

"We are protesting his reckless disregard of the UN Charter, we are concerned about the loss of innocent life and we are concerned at the deaths of British servicemen."

Ms Jagger also said she was anxious about the plight of the Iraqi people once the war was over.

Many other marchers said that the fact battles were already raging across Iraq did not alter their opinion that this was not a just war.

And there you have it (and may I just say that a major personal aggravation about this war is being forced to agree with the French and Bianca Jagger when I am not naturally inclined to do any such thing).

I can believe that 70% (or whatever the figure is) of Americans support the president, but Tony Blair's got no such excuse.

No doubt the coalition will win the war; and it may even succeed in capturing Saddam, though I think that's doubtful, but the potential for an escalation of internal conflict in Iraq and an increase in international terrorism is a real problem in a lot of people's eyes.
Any new government formed under the auspices of the West will be an immediate target for Islamic fundamentalists and nationalists alike. Minority groups like the Kurds and others, who now aver that all they want is the chance to live in peace, may well rediscover all the old tribal enmities (especially when more than one group want the same bit of land), quite apart from an understandable desire for revenge on their persecutors - understandable, but still guarenteed to perpetuate sufferring and hatred.
Even outside Iraq a lot of Arabs genuinely believe that the US is as bad as any terrorist - demanding that other countries comply with UN regulations, but ignoring them itself whenever it suits simply because it has the firepower - and terrorism is easy and really doesn't need a lot of money, just a Cause and a disregard for human life. And that's where they have the advantage.

Add to that the inevitable civilian casualties (not to mention the nasty habit some people have of killing their allies given half a chance)and the conviction in the protestors' minds that Bush and Blair were determined to go to war no matter what Saddam did....

Not all these things may happen (I hope none of them do), but I do not believe that this war is justified morally or strategically, and I see no hope of peace or stability in the region resulting from it.

03-23-03 03:06 PM
Jaxx [quote]hayo wrote:
Because Bush is starting this war without permission from the u.n.
The fact that we're better of without Saddam doesn't make this war legal or nessecary in anyway.

nuclear holocaust imo is on the verge of reality. north korea is willing to sell them to anyone (including terrorists) and that includes sadaam and the rest of his ilk. imagine rogue nations with nukes. i don't even want to go there, but that reality is approaching. nobody likes war. how long do you let a bully terrorize everyone in the schoolyard? the UN has proven that they are just a facade. i think diplomacy tried and tried hard, then failed. what are you waiting for? a biochemical or nuclear attack some 4th of july while enjoying your beers and bbq? FACT: during WWII madison square garden was full of protestors protesting US involvement in europe knowing damn well what the nazi atrocities were. living under facist tyranny is not my idea of living. at least you can protest here without having your tongue cut out or getting thrown into a human meat grinder ala Iraq. freedom is an earned privledge that must be defended.
03-23-03 03:48 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
nuclear holocaust imo is on the verge of reality. north korea is willing to sell them to anyone (including terrorists) and that includes sadaam and the rest of his ilk. imagine rogue nations with nukes.

We live in one. We don't give a FUCK what the rest of the world thinks and have already ok'd the use of nukes by battlefield commanders.

If Bush was going after N Korea instead of Saddam there would not be much, if any, protest about it. The way things LOOK is that Bush has a personal vendetta against Saddam that supercedes right or wrong. That he's blundering into an area of the world he has no understanding of (I guess that would include everyplace but Texas and Florida) and is going to accomplish NOTHING except fucking things up MORE in EVERY way.

The stuff we're being fed by Bush's mouthpieces makes no sense. "Saddam ignored the UN, so he must be punished, even if we have to ignore the UN to do it." "Saddam MIGHT have weapons" - although you'd think if he DID we'd have seen a few of them used by now - yet N Korea has proudly declared that they definitely DO. Everybody's throwing around the word "appeasement", but that is the ONLY word for what we're doing in Korea. "Our fight is with Saddam, not the Iraqis", yet last night the government said that it's "irrelevant" whether Saddam is alive or dead.

Again, I don't know why I bother to speak up over here, but I guess after I dug up some of those quotes by Thomas Jefferson I realized it's my duty.

My friend Riffhard was right when he said that the anti-war people are anti-Bush. I, along with the majority of America, did NOT vote for him. I do not agree with ANYTHING he's done in my name.
03-23-03 04:30 PM
telecaster
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
My friend Riffhard was right when he said that the anti-war people are anti-Bush. I, along with the majority of America, did NOT vote for him. I do not agree with ANYTHING he's done in my name.

Clinton never won a majority in both of his elections either
03-23-03 05:24 PM
Egbert If the UN would've enforced its resolutions none of this would be happening.
03-23-03 05:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Clinton never won a majority in both of his elections either

Tele, yeah he did. He catapulted his way over both George I and Dole.

-tSYX --- Slip kid, slip kid...
03-23-03 05:56 PM
telecaster
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Tele, yeah he did. He catapulted his way over both George I and Dole.

-tSYX --- Slip kid, slip kid...

Wrong. More people voted for other candidates instead of
Clinton in both his elections. Clinton won but not with a more votes than other canidates received.

Meanwhile there is a war on...........
[Edited by telecaster]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST