ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sent to jail for defending your family Return to archive
29th March 2008 06:20 PM
Rolling Hansie It seems the original thread is gone, or I am too stupid to find it. So, here is my original message again, added with a snail mail adress to send a postcard to Stephen.

I know this is absolutely Off Topic, and I am very sorry to bother you with this, but it is so important to me, that I can't resist to post it anyway. A dear friend of mine send me the story of her brother who was sentenced to jail, because he defended himself against someone who attacked him with a knife and a metal baton. You can find the story at the link I posted below. You can also sign a petition there. BTW, I think some of you might know Liz (aka Boss), it's her brother.

http://petition.nogpl.net/

Edit: Stephen is close to an appeal. If you want to send him a postcard, and please do, here is the address:

Stephen Armstrong no.106633
HMP Prison
Barlinnie Glasgow
G33 2QX United Kingdom

29th March 2008 06:43 PM
pdog There's some questions I have.. Initially it says he was with his children, some under school age... Then it talks about him protecting his wife later. i'm just curious, was she there? It also says they got into the car, I have to young boys, it takes a few minutes to get inot the car... The link didn't seem to provide a good synopsis, is this worth reading the other links about. I've been in somewhat similar situations. It's fucked dealing with assholes when your kids are around...
29th March 2008 06:48 PM
glencar Is this guy a Stones fan? I have a great postcard I'd like to send...
29th March 2008 07:16 PM
Rolling Hansie Any card will do Glencar. But his sister Liz is a great Stonesfan. So if you send a Stonescard he will know where it's coming from
29th March 2008 07:18 PM
Rolling Hansie You are right pdog. The stories are not all the same. If you got the time and you click the other links, you will find out that one aspect is constantly the same. He was threatened and reacted.
29th March 2008 07:21 PM
Rolling Hansie But as I posted before, I cannot find the original thread with the rest of the information. I just added this one, so people who want to, can send a postcard to Stephen.
29th March 2008 07:50 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Rolling Hansie wrote:
But as I posted before, I cannot find the original thread with the rest of the information. I just added this one, so people who want to, can send a postcard to Stephen.

its probably in the archives....but then again i don't think they put threads in there until they reach five hundred.
i bet gazza can help you locate it.
29th March 2008 07:59 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Rolling Hansie wrote:
He was threatened and reacted.

Which does not, in itself, insulate one from criminal liability.
29th March 2008 08:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Rolling Hansie wrote:
You are right pdog. The stories are not all the same. If you got the time and you click the other links, you will find out that one aspect is constantly the same. He was threatened and reacted.

Over here, people have been sued by criminals injured during break-ins and assaults... Crazy!!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)