ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger in "Fitzcarraldo" Return to archive
29th March 2008 01:58 PM
GotToRollMe I was watching "Burden of Dreams" the other night, a film about the making of Werner Herzog's 1982 film, "Fitzcarraldo." The film had originally started shooting with Jason Robards in the lead role and Mick Jagger as his simpleminded actor sidekick, Wilbur. Robards became ill and Jagger had a tour to do, so Herzog re-shot the movie from the beginning with Klaus Kinski in the title role. He eliminated Jagger's role entirely, stating that no one could possibly replace him. Both "Fitzcarraldo" and "Burden of Dreams" are great movies, the likes of which we'll never see again. Here are a few short scenes that were shot with Jagger.

29th March 2008 02:04 PM
PartyDoll MEG Funny.. I caught that awhile back when I was doing the channel surf with my remote..
29th March 2008 02:05 PM
GotToRollMe Klaus Kinski, who ended up playing Fitzcarraldo, and doing a superb job of it:

29th March 2008 03:02 PM
glencar Mick is better at playing simpleminded than Sean Penn!
29th March 2008 05:27 PM
Gazza Both are very good films.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)