ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Friedman (Fox News) reviews "Shine a Light" Return to archive
28th March 2008 08:33 AM
Ephrata Stone I think he reads too much into the omission of the "Kennedys" verse on SFTD - that verse has been skipped in hundreds of performances over the years. The "black girls" omission in Some Girls, however, is probably intentional.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,342591,00.html
28th March 2008 09:32 AM
Jumacfly Lame review, the guy wants "miss you" whereas it's a nightmare for many fans !!
28th March 2008 10:54 AM
glencar An enthusiastic, if uninformed, review.
28th March 2008 11:21 AM
Nasty Habits The black girls verse has been on hiatus since '99. Or at least in '99 it was "some a you white girls" who wanted to get fucked all night.

It is a shame he didn't whip out Rip This Joint and the ol' Hillary Clinton give me a blowjob line.
28th March 2008 11:22 AM
glencar
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
The black girls verse has been on hiatus since '99. Or at least in '99 it was "some a you white girls" who wanted to get fucked all night.

It is a shame he didn't whip out Rip This Joint and the ol' Hillary Clinton give me a blowjob line.

Yes, that would've been better than the sucking up that I saw.
28th March 2008 11:39 AM
Nasty Habits Who sucked who?
28th March 2008 11:46 AM
glencar
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, that would've been better than the sucking up that I saw.

Wait for the flick. You'll see it some day.
28th March 2008 11:48 AM
Nasty Habits Perish forbid I get a sucking spoiler.
28th March 2008 11:49 AM
glencar Mick's standing there & welcomes "Pres. Clinton...and her husband Bill." Actually, that might be the funniest part of the flick next week!!!!!
28th March 2008 11:52 AM
Riffhard I rode on the elevator with him downstairs after the premier yesterday. Salman Rushdie was present as well. I will give a detailed review later. It was great. That much I will say now. Great camera work, and some very cool old clips thrown in here and there. Some very funny ones, Charlie in particular.

Riffy
28th March 2008 12:51 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Who sucked who?

28th March 2008 12:56 PM
Jumacfly I do not particulary care for this kind of review.
I do prefer focusing my attention on the music, an the good reviews of the soundtrack ( see F505 thread)

28th March 2008 02:38 PM
Some Guy what a douchebag!
28th March 2008 07:44 PM
Sioux
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I rode on the elevator with him downstairs after the premier yesterday. Salman Rushdie was present as well. I will give a detailed review later. It was great. That much I will say now. Great camera work, and some very cool old clips thrown in here and there. Some very funny ones, Charlie in particular.

Riffy

Can't wait for your complete review, Riffy!
28th March 2008 11:53 PM
Gimme Shelter I just won two tickets to the premiere here in Sacramento on Tuesday night so I am psyched!!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)