ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
Đ Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 15 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
11th February 2008 07:39 PM
Sioux Oh, you are not boring me at all!! I want to hear every juicy detail of all the plans... Well, whatever you want to share, that is. I love all the talk and all the pictures, and if I can't get to England any time soon, I want to hear all about it from Lisa! And if you, Alex, and Lisa get to meet up..... Well, I would love to hear all about that too!
11th February 2008 10:50 PM
keithrichardsgirl QUESTION:

Does anyone have a good copy of Golden Stone by Laura Jackson that they'd like to get rid of?

If you're not willing to part with the book, that's fine.

All I really want is the picture inside that looks like a different version of this:

http://www.preciousstones.de/Hoffmann%203%20new.JPG
http://shop.rexfeatures.com/image/Rolling-Stones_523819.jpg

(The one in the book is the clearest one I've ever seen. SO if you dont want the book all I want is the cut out picture.)

If so PM me.

(I ask for my printer's on the fritz, it wont work with this comp.)
11th February 2008 11:17 PM
GhostofBrianJones Girlfriend I had two copies of that book and I sold one to another Stones
fan. However I will check and see what picture you are referring to. I can
always scan and send them to Steve or anyone on here. Let me check it
out. LOVE YA MAMA BEAR!!
12th February 2008 12:28 AM
keithrichardsgirl Scanning just wont do Mama.

I'd love it if you could send me the pic (+ copies in cas I lose it) or the book. If you can..

THANK YOU
12th February 2008 03:01 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
...to be honest, Iīm a bit insecure, how I should interpret this now?!?

Brian hides himself from the eyes of fans in Germany 1965:

As I already mentioned, Iīm currently in no good shape due to my work, itīs perhaps better,
I write not that much as usual for the next time...only postinī picīs of our much loved Brian...

Till tomorrow, love and hugs to all my friends here, Alex

[Edited by BriansBabe]

Mein liebe Alex, we'd be disappointed not to have your kind regards when you post -- reading your warm thoughts for Brian and all of us here is so welcome each day

Please don't let things get you down, work or otherwise. Try to take it easy -- and just post here as it makes you happy. And soon...WOW...a visit to plan

[Edited by zooeyglass]
12th February 2008 03:42 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Oh, you are not boring me at all!! I want to hear every juicy detail of all the plans... Well, whatever you want to share, that is. I love all the talk and all the pictures, and if I can't get to England any time soon, I want to hear all about it from Lisa! And if you, Alex, and Lisa get to meet up..... Well, I would love to hear all about that too!

Sioux, I've only got limited time for Brian pursuits, but I've plotted out a whole day for Cheltenham and maybe a spot or two in London. I'd love to hear from everyone about what they'd do to maximize their pursuit of all things Brian!

Oh, yes, this isn't the poster you have, is it? Just curious, it caught my eye as similar to the record sleeve you said was from the same shoot...

12th February 2008 10:33 AM
GhostofBrianJones Lady Bree, what I think I wanted to say was if I scan and send you the pictures,
keep them in your computer until you are able to print them out. This way
you won't lose them hopefully. I have all of my BJ pictures downloaded in
my Mac and if I decide to print anything out I can. If I scan pictures I can
send them by Mail to your address and you can just keep them until you
are ready to use them. Now would that work or not?

Speaking of all things Brian and traveling to Cheltenham, I would love to
see the places he use to go to if some of the them are still there. Like maybe
a restaurant or a club, whatever it would be. I would also like to see the
house he grew up in. I thought his parents moved out of that house on
Hathaway(?) and went somewhere else but not sure.

I hope you guys will take lots of interesting pictures on your trip so we can
see what you found.
12th February 2008 11:24 AM
Bad Dad I'm in awe of just the pics I've seen on this board. Bad thing is, I only know one other board and this doesn't look or navigate anything like it. Maybe someday I'll find this post again, maybe I'll pop up and look around. And yes, I could carry off a cape.
12th February 2008 11:54 AM
LoveChild I ordered the Golden Stone Book last week and it should be arriving soon.

Sioux, what are the 5 places that you want to visit?

I just checked on ticket prices for late June/early July and as predicted they are about $1050. If you want to go in March, they are only $340.

12th February 2008 02:05 PM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

Sioux, I've only got limited time for Brian pursuits, but I've plotted out a whole day for Cheltenham and maybe a spot or two in London. I'd love to hear from everyone about what they'd do to maximize their pursuit of all things Brian!

Oh, yes, this isn't the poster you have, is it? Just curious, it caught my eye as similar to the record sleeve you said was from the same shoot...

That is the same photo shoot, but in my poster they are looking straight on into the camera. The poster is in black and white. It's BIG, and it's beside my bed...
12th February 2008 02:08 PM
Sioux
quote:
LoveChild wrote:
I ordered the Golden Stone Book last week and it should be arriving soon.

Sioux, what are the 5 places that you want to visit?

I just checked on ticket prices for late June/early July and as predicted they are about $1050. If you want to go in March, they are only $340.

The places I would like to visit.....3 are Brian related. Cheltenham, London {selected spots--Brian related, including Edith Grove}, Cotchford Farm....the other two are Liverpool {for some Beatles history} and Tanworth-in-Arden, where the talented and troubled Nick Drake lived, died, and is buried. I seem to be drawn to the tragic, brilliant, lives-cut-short boys......BRIAN, Nick, Stu Sutcliffe, James Dean....they all have a place in my heart. But BRIAN is KING.
12th February 2008 02:11 PM
Sioux
quote:
Bad Dad wrote:
I'm in awe of just the pics I've seen on this board. Bad thing is, I only know one other board and this doesn't look or navigate anything like it. Maybe someday I'll find this post again, maybe I'll pop up and look around. And yes, I could carry off a cape.

Welcome, Bad Dad...Just go to the homepage and click on the Brian link...you will find us here!
12th February 2008 06:30 PM
BriansBabe Hey Bad Dad, hereīs a WELCOME pic for you...

...hope you will find your way in here again ...itīs a good place to be !!! Till soon, Alex
12th February 2008 06:57 PM
GhostofBrianJones BadDad, I just put in rocks off stones in a search engine box and when the
list comes up look for the Message Board that refers to 2006 and then click
onto that and you will be here. If you see the current dates on the threads
you know you are in the right one. (There is another message board for
2005, so stay away from that. Just look for 2006 in the description.)
That is my way of finding it so far.

I think that all BJ trip you have planned is great. I hope you are able to take
a lot of pictures and will show them to us when you return? I have some
beautiful pictures of Cotchford Farm and the pool, they look like postcards.

LOVE TO S&K!!!
12th February 2008 07:09 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
Mein liebe Alex, we'd be disappointed not to have your kind regards when you post -- reading your warm thoughts for Brian and all of us here is so welcome each day

Please don't let things get you down, work or otherwise. Try to take it easy -- and just post here as it makes you happy. And soon...WOW...a visit to plan

Meine liebe Lisa!! Thank you for your support, concern and kindly words towards me...I know itīs rare to find someone who
cares about others this days, so it means much to me!!!
I see clearly now, you know well, from what I speak of, although I havenīt told much...THANKS!!!

...and, yes, I promise to try my best!!!!

12th February 2008 08:01 PM
BriansBabe My dear Linda, when you will go to England??? This year, next
year??? Well, I do not know yet, when I should go, it also depend on my work and when Iīve holidays or if I quit the whole thing and so on...Iīve also always thought, if I have been there what is after that?? I have really fears never want to left all the places of dear Brian, wanna staying forever were he once was...that is so silly, isnīt it?

Look what I have for you Linda:

...I know, itīs nothing new, but I remember you said once you love it ...and I havenīt seen this sexy Brian pic in so big yet...hmmmmm...our lovely Brian darling...

Send you much love and hugs my dear friend!!!!

Love to my other dears also, as always...
Oh, ähm, have I said I wouldnīt write that much the next days??? Only postinīpicīs??? LOL...and now Iīm bla, bla, bla, here..lol...seems like I couldnīt keep my mouth shut So long dears, Alex xx
12th February 2008 08:07 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

Meine liebe Lisa!! Thank you for your support, concern and kindly words towards me...I know itīs rare to find someone who
cares about others this days, so it means much to me!!!
I see clearly now, you know well, from what I speak of, although I havenīt told much...THANKS!!!

Alex liebe, Ich weiß genau.

Hang in there, my friend
12th February 2008 08:08 PM
zooeyglass And hello to everyone else!

Yes, Linda, I'll be glad to share my pics of Cheltenham. I can't think of anywhere else they'd be as appreciated as here

12th February 2008 08:58 PM
keithrichardsgirl
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Lady Bree, what I think I wanted to say was if I scan and send you the pictures,
keep them in your computer until you are able to print them out. This way
you won't lose them hopefully. I have all of my BJ pictures downloaded in
my Mac and if I decide to print anything out I can. If I scan pictures I can
send them by Mail to your address and you can just keep them until you
are ready to use them. Now would that work or not?

Not one printer would this comp work with. Somethings wrong with it that just cant fix. (Believe mE I've tried.)

Other than that I just reeeeeeeealy want the pic. LOL
12th February 2008 11:16 PM
Sioux Alex, I know what you mean about not wanting to leave the places where Brian lived/played after visiting them. I imagine that would be the hardest thing to do... Someone would probably have to physically take me and put me back on the plane to America when my trip was over.
13th February 2008 12:06 AM
Olivia1962
13th February 2008 01:24 AM
zooeyglass Happy Wednesday y'all [tomorrow anyway]

13th February 2008 02:55 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
Alex liebe, Ich weiß genau.

Hang in there, my friend

...yes, I will, thanks my friend!!!
Everytime when I saw this pic, I wished I could cover him with a soft blanket, hold his hand and put my arm around him..waiting until he woke up again...

13th February 2008 05:17 PM
GhostofBrianJones The blanket sounds like a great idea. Incidentally why are Brian and Keith
wearing the same shirt??!!

I think Brian is resting his eyes, he must be exhausted.
13th February 2008 06:13 PM
BriansBabe Yes, dear Linda, I think also our poor Brian must have been very exhausted...

...and he had every reason for being tired...

That they wore the same shirts is a bit funny, no?
Maybe the both were together shopping, or so...have no other idea ...

[Edited by BriansBabe]
13th February 2008 06:50 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Alex, I know what you mean about not wanting to leave the places where Brian lived/played after visiting them. I imagine that would be the hardest thing to do... Someone would probably have to physically take me and put me back on the plane to America when my trip was over.

...yes, thatīs the way I feel!!!

Miss you Brian, still and forever!!! Love, Alex

13th February 2008 08:07 PM
GhostofBrianJones I love that picture of Brian on the back of that album. I think, not sure
he is wearing the same clothes in the beautiful color picture of him sitting
crosslegged on the settee. It is the one where he has the white hat on & is
smoking looking very seductively into the camera. HOT! HOT! HOT!

Does it look like the same clothes to anyone else?

LOVE TO S&K!!
13th February 2008 11:04 PM
Sioux
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

[Edited by BriansBabe]

I think that Keith took to dressing like Brian...maybe that's why they had the same, or very similar, shirt on in the studio that day.
14th February 2008 12:44 AM
Sioux
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

I know we've discussed who that is in the far right of this picture, but it just hit me.....could that possibly be Michael Cooper, photographer?
14th February 2008 02:09 AM
zooeyglass I forgot what I wrote when I posted the Brian-Keef same shirt picture on the superblow thread; look at the second post down

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/236005-17.html

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)