ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
Đ Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 15 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
8th March 2008 05:29 AM
BriansBabe To "Midnight Rambler"...recorded Februaryī69 and released on "Let It Bleed" in Decemberī69...Brian is credited with pecussion on Midnight Rambler and with `Autoharpī on "You got the silver"...and from what I know the harp on Midnight Rambler is always played by Mick Jagger. I find he played it well, but you couldnīt compare him with Brianīs playing, cause
the style is complete otherwise...I mean, he havenīt Brianīs soul...no one have it - no matter if drugged or not..or what ever...

8th March 2008 09:23 AM
Back Street Girl
8th March 2008 10:47 AM
guitarman53 Thanks for the information, yeah, Brian was treated very badly back then, compared to how society treats drug or alcohol problems today, they have a better understanding of it today, he had a disease & back then people were treated very badly, of course today with all the rehabs, people are educated to it, by the way, this is my favorite thread of any on this board, love those old pictures, many thanks.
8th March 2008 12:34 PM
JoneseygirlU.K. Brian would have probably been diagnosed today as a paranoid schizophrenic and(according to Bill Wyman's research)as an epileptic.That's without any alcohol or tablets entering his mouth!!When I looked at Bill's Rolling with the Stones book and saw the sheer volume of gigs and tours the Stones had to do it was a wonder all five of them hadn't cracked up at some point!!( I think Mick had a lapse of nervous exhaustion)No bands of today would be expected to keep up with that pace,and record albums and show appearances at the same time.The sixties were the worst time for somebody like Brian to be young and successful.
8th March 2008 01:35 PM
GhostofBrianJones JGirl you hit the nail on the head and so did Guitarman. I went through all of
that which is why it is so extremely upsetting to deal with his demise.
They treated those diseases, alcohol and drug addiction like we were just
weak people. Of course we now know this is not the case. (Even though he did
not die from drugs or booze, it is unfortunate he had a violent, raging
alcoholic working on his house with the same kind of crew. They were all
totally intoxicated when the incident took place except for BJ.) With the touring
and the ignorance of what BJ's situation really was it ended up something to
fight about and BJ having to finally leave his band.

Guitarman, check out the Brian Jones Like A Rolling Stones forum if you
have not done so before. It is really interesting and often informative.
8th March 2008 01:50 PM
BriansBabe Well,the diagnose of schizophrenia is very difficult and the same is it with epilepsy, cause there exist many different forms of it...itīs very hard to say, if Brian had all this heavy illnesses...I find it strange, that it often mentioned in books, without any prove!!
Iīm always a bit careful what I say about other people and with Brian itīs the same...but my opinion is, that Brian probably had depressions and blackouts, caused by the interaction between alcohol and tablets...I do think the mix of it was very dangerous - and when he realised this, it was to late, he was addicted ...and, yes, he wouldīve needed help to get out of it!!!
Iīm a bit unsure if it would be different today, although there exist more rehab and so on...many people didnīt understand, or be ready for helping others...more ready for judge over others - many, but not all ...YOU ALL my dears here do not, thatīs why I love ya all soooo much !!! Alex

[Edited by BriansBabe]
8th March 2008 02:07 PM
Sioux Welcome back, Alex! We missed you dreadfully....

Brian exhibited many of the symptoms of a few psychologically connected conditions...a form of manic depression {which we now call bi-polar} and something new that I read about last night on the LARS board. Very interesting reading. If you Google "Enneagram" and look at type 4, The Individualist, some of those descriptions fit our Brian to a "T". Personality wise, it really hits the nail on the head. So, I imagine in today's world that Brian would have been diagnosed with something or other, and that, compounded by his alcohol and pill consumption, would have explained a lot of his behaviors. And, ideally, the doctors would have found a way to treat his various conditions. I do think that frontal lobe epilepsy is also a distinct possiblilty.

Back then, as you all have said, when Brian went to the "nursing homes", I fear they had little there to really help him. But that was the standard for the day. Unfortunately, Brian just never got the treatment that he needed to help him battle his addictions and to help him try to understand how he felt and reacted to situations around him.

He really needed us. As friends.
8th March 2008 07:15 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Welcome back, Alex! We missed you dreadfully....

...me to, Iīve missed you all soooooo badly...I must smile over myself because of that, I thought: "Alex, are ya maybe out of your mind now, missing these people so much only cause of this two days?? Now I have my answer to that once again, YOU DEARS ARE ALL SOOOOOO DAMN GREAT!!! THANKS!!!!

...and, you got that right, Sioux dear, nothing could go wrong for Brian, if he had friends like you and every other dear here!!! Oh, yes!! Love, Alex xxxxxxxxxxxxx
8th March 2008 07:19 PM
GhostofBrianJones Well said Sioux, I agree with you 1000%.
8th March 2008 08:38 PM
zooeyglass

Of course we missed you too Alex liebe --
It's not the same here without you

Also, I'm glad to hear your time away did some good!

8th March 2008 10:02 PM
BriansBabe
...yes, the spiritual surroundings there, gave me some energy and strength back...and the loving surroundings HERE make it sure, that it will last for a while ...THANKS for that ...

Now I take all the kindness, warmth and good words of ya all with me in my dreams, and also (as always) the spirit of our beloved Brian!!! Love, Alex xxxxxxxxxx
9th March 2008 06:01 AM
JoneseygirlU.K.

Here's a nice new vid of Our Sweet Prince posted yesterday on You Tube.
9th March 2008 07:10 AM
stewed & Keefed
9th March 2008 01:19 PM
zooeyglass Thanks Jonesygirl and Steve

Got Brian if you want him...

9th March 2008 03:59 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

...lol, YEEEEEEES, we want him ...

9th March 2008 06:25 PM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
Thanks Jonesygirl and Steve

Oh, I want him. Yes indeed, I want him.
9th March 2008 06:30 PM
Sioux
quote:
JoneseygirlU.K. wrote:

Here's a nice new vid of Our Sweet Prince posted yesterday on You Tube.

Such a beautiful boy... Thanks, Joneseygirl!
9th March 2008 07:45 PM
BriansBabe Our sweet Brian hidden between Mick and Keith ...

...and, where did YOU hide today, dear LINDA??? Hmmmmm???
How are ya doing, my friend?? Love, Alex
10th March 2008 01:46 PM
BriansBabe
HELLO?????? Dears???? Where are ya all???? Hmmmmm???
Itīs the other day now!!! Our Brian sweetie is missing you all, lol...

Needed a wake up call??? ...LOL

...okay, stand up!!

Brian and me waiting for you...
10th March 2008 03:22 PM
stewed & Keefed
10th March 2008 05:42 PM
GhostofBrianJones Hi Guys! I am here. I have been a little busy lately. Thanks for the beautiful
pictures and the sweet things you all say to me an to each other.

With reference to the present header of Keith Richards, I was wondering if
that guitar he is holding is the same as Brian's Gretsch Anniversary (the light
green one) only in white? Anybody know anything about guitars?

May everyone here have a good week!

LOVE TO S&K!!!
10th March 2008 07:34 PM
Sioux I'm here too.... I'm not sure, Linda, but it does look like he could be playing a Gretsch. I've never heard that he ever played one, but I'm not that familiar with his guitars. I'm much more familiar with Brian's guitars...
10th March 2008 08:55 PM
BriansBabe ...hmmmm? It could be one...but Iīm not sure...

Brian playing Gretsch guitar:

Good night ladys, Alex
11th March 2008 04:10 AM
keithrichardsgirl From Ebay:

http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/df/7d/da01_1.JPG

Luv y'all.

Hey mama bear!

Gonna take a high-school graduation exam on sat morning. Subjects are English and Math. PRAY FOR ME!
[Edited by keithrichardsgirl]
11th March 2008 12:09 PM
GhostofBrianJones Beautiful pictures Alex. I wonder if Green Park looks the
same when the Stones were walking around there in 1967?
Were those Gardens a new addition?

Wonder what would show up if it was Googled? Have done
this with Cotchford Farm before, interesting.
11th March 2008 03:08 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
With reference to the present header of Keith Richards, I was wondering if
that guitar he is holding is the same as Brian's Gretsch Anniversary (the light
green one) only in white? Anybody know anything about guitars?

May everyone here have a good week!

LOVE TO S&K!!!

Hi Linda,

The guitar Keith is playing in header is a Gibson ES-345

Steve xx
11th March 2008 04:17 PM
zooeyglass From ebay --

11th March 2008 05:54 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
keithrichardsgirl wrote:
Gonna take a high-school graduation exam on sat morning. Subjects are English and Math. PRAY FOR ME!

Sure, our Bree baby ...we will keep our fingers crossed for you on Saturday!!! Sending you good spirits from the Brian family here...and good luck...

Love, Alex

11th March 2008 06:29 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Hi Linda,

The guitar Keith is playing in header is a Gibson ES-345

Steve xx

Thanks, Steve, for the info

...and, thanks to Glencar, for the pic

11th March 2008 08:16 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Beautiful pictures Alex. I wonder if Green Park looks the
same when the Stones were walking around there in 1967?
Were those Gardens a new addition?

Wonder what would show up if it was Googled?

...this:

...the entrance to Green Park, London

...maybe our Brian was sitting once on that bench???

I was walking through the Green Park last summer, I didnīt have the impression that it was much different to 1967...
seems to me like the time standstill there ...it was amazing, walking in the footsteps of dear Brian ...

...the sun goes down...close my eyes now
...much love to all of you dears, Alex

[Edited by BriansBabe]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)