ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 15 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
4th March 2008 02:23 PM
stewed & Keefed
4th March 2008 04:52 PM
BriansBabe Hi to all my dears here!!!

Hey, Lisa or Linda, do one, or both of you know, what is with our dear Sioux??? First, I thought she might be a bit busy...but now I getting slowly really worried, cause her last post here was on 28. Febuary ...and just checked out LARS and it was the same day there...it´s weird, no?

Sioux my dear friend, please tell us, if you are doing well???
Much love, Alex
4th March 2008 06:53 PM
BriansBabe

...I must try to get some sleep now ...good night and take care, Alex
4th March 2008 08:27 PM
GhostofBrianJones Hi I have not heard from Sioux yet. She may still be with her daughter and
grandbaby. I am sure we will hear from her sometime this week. She has
been really busy and so it may take some time to get back into a routine.
I can write her and see what is up. Thanks.
5th March 2008 01:13 AM
keithrichardsgirl Stop pickin on Mama Bear, Andrew.

If only so we can call this argument/discussion closed.
[Edited by keithrichardsgirl]
5th March 2008 02:22 AM
Hibblette Morals-one of those things that an opponent can jeer at...

So why is Morals brought up on a board such as this...?

I don't think you are petty in your morals Ghost of Brian.
5th March 2008 10:08 AM
zooeyglass Alex, I'm sure [hoping] Sioux will be in touch soon!

5th March 2008 05:44 PM
Sioux
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
Ohhh, ähm, I´ve forgotten this one:

...in bigger, hmmmm??? Please??? LOL

Ahhhhh, I have that one bigger....in a poster on my wall! It was very hard to find---and it cost me some bucks. But it's a beauty.

Ahhhh, I have missed you all so! I have been desperately ill since late on the night of our dear Brian's birth. I went to the Emergency Room Friday night for 6 hours. They ran all kinds of tests. I have pneumonia plus a particularly nasty virus {with all the horrible flu-like symptoms---high fever, splitting headaches, body aches, vomiting, etc.} Saturday night I thought I was going to literally die on my couch. I couldn't even get up to go to bed. But I made it through the night and I've been slowly recovering since. This is my first time online since Thurs. night! Although it was terrible, I am just so glad it didn't happen the weekend before, when I was helping with the new baby.

Anyway, it's so good to be HOME with you all, my dear Brian family! It's so GOOD to look at every picture and see every dear, familiar name here! Love to you all!
5th March 2008 05:46 PM
BriansBabe O.K., THANKS, Linda and Lisa, we will wait and see...I hope she is with her daughter and the sweet baby again, and our concern will be unfounded!!!

5th March 2008 05:47 PM
Sioux
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

Ok, I just want to nibble on those toes!!!
5th March 2008 06:10 PM
BriansBabe Ahhhhhh, SIOUX our dear, we both posted nearly to the same minute ...
I´m soooo glad to hear from you!!!!

But, sorry to read, that you was that much terrible ill ...I´m sure you feeling still weak and wish you a good recovery, take some (enough) rest!!! Maybe everything was a bit too much for you in the last few weeks, right??

Come to us and our dearly loved Brian and you will get soon completely well again ...

Take care my dear friend, love and hugs, Alex

P.S.: I´ve missed you much!!!

[Edited by BriansBabe]
5th March 2008 06:58 PM
Sioux Thanks Alex, I thought of you all every day. And I guessed that you must have thought I dropped off the face of the earth! I really didn't feel run down---I got great sleep, believe it or not, while helping with the baby---but I hadn't been sick in a couple of years and I guess it was just my time.... I am feeling much better, yes, a bit weak, but at least I can sit at my computer now! Thanks again for your love and concern... And thanks to you all for posting such wonderful Brian pix for me to come "home" to!
5th March 2008 07:18 PM
BriansBabe You´re very welcome, good to hear, that you´re feeling much better !!! Our Brian family is now complete again ...

5th March 2008 07:43 PM
BriansBabe
Well, all my dears,

now, I say goodbye till Friday...
go to continuing education for two days, which is in a cloister, lol, and I really do not think, that there is to find a computer ...

Maybe I can get there also, some much needed energy back and collecting some good spirits...

In my mind and heart I will take you all and surely our sweetest Brian with me!!!

Love ya all much, Alex xxxxxxxxxx

[Edited by BriansBabe]
5th March 2008 08:09 PM
GhostofBrianJones Sioux, I am so glad you are feeling much better. That flu
business is really going around. I guess it is in some part
due to the changing weather. It is good to have you back
here posting on our beloved Brian thread again!!!

I would like to nibble on that mouth and ears!! Then I
would plant a liplock on him like never before!! After
that I might just tear his clothes off??!! Hee Hee!!
Now be nice Linda.

LOVE TO S&K!!! xxxx
6th March 2008 10:35 AM
zooeyglass Sioux, sorry to hear about your being so unwell! Rest up and hope you're feeling 100% very soon

6th March 2008 01:21 PM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
Sioux, sorry to hear about your being so unwell! Rest up and hope you're feeling 100% very soon

Thanks Linda and Lisa.... Woweeee Lisa! Never seen that one before. Thanks! {Although it makes my temperature go UP. }
6th March 2008 02:41 PM
zooeyglass
6th March 2008 02:54 PM
zooeyglass
6th March 2008 06:29 PM
GhostofBrianJones I have a question here. Was Brian Jones on the song
"Midnight Rambler"? Or was that Mick Taylor or possibly
BJ at one time and Mick Taylor another? Live maybe or
recorded, anyone know? Thanks.
6th March 2008 07:21 PM
Sioux According to Keno's Rolling Stones site, Brian played "tribal drums" on Midnight Rambler. I'm trying to think though......if I've seen video of him performing it live on some show or another....and, if so, I think he was playing guitar. But I could be mixing that up with another song {Gimme Shelter, maybe}.
6th March 2008 08:12 PM
Olivia1962
6th March 2008 10:15 PM
GhostofBrianJones I was wondering about Midnight Rambler because I have two or more
versions of it, I think both are live. They are audio only. I was not able
to really tell if Brian was playing on any of them or not. I have no date
beside the song listings. I always thought he did play on the tapes when
they went on tour, but I guess I will have to check this out. Maybe I
can find an audio of MR somewhere. Thanks.
7th March 2008 01:18 PM
zooeyglass They didn't play Midnight Rambler live until after Brian's death...

Alex, back from the cloister yet??
7th March 2008 02:13 PM
Sioux Thanks for the info, Lisa. I thought I must have gotten the song mixed up.

Yes, Alex, we miss you here! Can't wait till you check in....
7th March 2008 02:25 PM
zooeyglass I know Brian is credited with percussion on Let It Bleed but I think it was something pretty buried on the studio version...

How are you feeling today, Sioux? I hope better [in a relative sense to what you felt like before at least!]
7th March 2008 02:36 PM
guitarman53
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
I have a question here. Was Brian Jones on the song
"Midnight Rambler"? Or was that Mick Taylor or possibly
BJ at one time and Mick Taylor another? Live maybe or
recorded, anyone know? Thanks.

I used to have the record with all the credits, but I love this track, different then the "Live" version, which is when The Stones Toured the U.S., the harmonica I don't know who played it? I got a feeling it might be Brian, but it could be Mick J. Brian was a sad case during this period, showing up at recording sessions right out of it, so I don't know for sure.
7th March 2008 05:49 PM
GhostofBrianJones Guitarman, I always thought he did NOT play on Midnight Rambler. I asked
some other Stones fans and got Yays and Nays. If he did it may have been
redone, or removed. Yes he did come to recordings drunk, drugged and
I imagine Keith and Mick had their times like that too. I can't even begin to
imagine watching the Stones on stuff trying to record music. Bet that was
really interesting?!

I can't say for sure but I think there is some new BJ stuff on YouTube.
Those videos come and go fairly often so I hope they, if any new ones,
are still there.
7th March 2008 07:49 PM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
I know Brian is credited with percussion on Let It Bleed but I think it was something pretty buried on the studio version...

How are you feeling today, Sioux? I hope better [in a relative sense to what you felt like before at least!]

I'm feeling much better Lisa, thanks for asking. I'm still not up to full strength, but I've worked my 4 hour shift at the day care for the last 2 days. Thankfully, the 8 and 9 years olds have been kind to me and my poor, pitiful, reduced energy self! lol
8th March 2008 04:34 AM
BriansBabe Hello my dears,
I´m back again...the training was good and it was also easy to find some spirituality inspiration there, while we walked through...

...the beautiful monastery garden:

...Thanks for missing me ...I´ve missed ya all also sooooo much Alex

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)