ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For jb Return to archive
27th March 2007 03:30 PM
gypsy It's great to have you back!

In honor of your most triumphant return...

27th March 2007 03:32 PM
glencar Who is that skinny kid?
27th March 2007 03:35 PM
jb Thank you lovely Gypsy. Mick Taylor, unequivocally , was the greatest guitarist ever in the band. People, amazingly, try to deny how vital he was during those golden years. The facts pretty much show that since his unfortunate departure, they have never been as good. I'll take the serious, sensitive, MT any day over the ass-clown RW..he destroyed what was once the greatest band in history...thanks also to the jealous KR who along with MJ, tormented this genuis.
[Edited by jb]
27th March 2007 03:37 PM
glencar LOL I love your passion, Joshy, but you're just so wrong. MT did a good job & Ronnie has been an "ass clown" at times (See: Wembley 99) but he's also done a great job when he has focused.
27th March 2007 03:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I love your passion, Joshy, but you're just so wrong. MT did a good job & Ronnie has been an "ass clown" at times (See: Wembley 99) but he's also done a great job when he has focused.

A "good job"!!!! Blue, please listen to "Ya-Ya's SF, Exile, , GHS, IORR, and compare the playing to anything released since MT left. With the exception of the punky "Some Girls" nothing comes close!!!!
27th March 2007 03:44 PM
glencar Some Girls is certainly better than GHS/IORR. Hell, even ER is better than those!
27th March 2007 03:45 PM
Saint Sway

quote:
jb wrote:
Thank you lovely Gypsy. Rich Robinson, unequivocally , was the greatest guitarist ever in any band. People, amazingly, try to deny how vital he was during those golden years.

27th March 2007 03:48 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Some Girls is certainly better than GHS/IORR. Hell, even ER is better than those!

GHS has finally got the recognition it deserves....same for IORR...I agree, Some Girls and ER are modern day classics, but on the whole. even the biggest Ronnie fan would concede Taylor was a musical genuis whose playing, both live and in the studio, was the best there ever was...
27th March 2007 03:49 PM
pdog I love twinkie.
27th March 2007 03:57 PM
glencar I saw MT at Wetlands several years back & he's not what he was. I think we could say the same thing for Ronnie "Would If He Could" & KR. It's an age thing.
27th March 2007 03:58 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
I love twinkie.

LOL I think it's the McDonald's 2-bag-a-night habit that's got him where he is.
27th March 2007 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw MT at Wetlands several years back & he's not what he was. I think we could say the same thing for Ronnie "Would If He Could" & KR. It's an age thing.

Taylor has suffered from addictions like the rest, but one can never deny his rightful place in Stones histroy. He gave us the greatest performances of our time...not a day goes by that I do not listen to Taylor era Stones....Brian was a founder, and he gets his due, RW with them so long, everyone loves him, but the single gratest player ever, is , sadly, overlooked..
27th March 2007 04:01 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Taylor has suffered from addictions like the rest, but one can never deny his rightful place in Stones histroy. He gave us the greatest performances of our time...not a day goes by that I do not listen to Taylor era Stones....Brian was a founder, and he gets his due, RW with them so long, everyone loves him, but the single gratest player ever, is , sadly, overlooked..

Nanky ?!

27th March 2007 04:01 PM
glencar I agree that MT was the greatest player technically. No one could argue with that.
27th March 2007 04:04 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree that MT was the greatest player technically. No one could argue with that.

Thank you.
27th March 2007 04:14 PM
glencar You got it!
27th March 2007 04:22 PM
Joey " You got it! "

27th March 2007 04:35 PM
glencar You need a new stash.
27th March 2007 04:36 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You need a new stash.

It really is over isn't it ?!

27th March 2007 04:38 PM
glencar You have reached the end of the internet. It's all over now.
27th March 2007 04:38 PM
glencar Vaya Con Dios...

27th March 2007 05:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree that MT was the greatest player technically. No one could argue with that.

Mick Taylor was great.

Only a select few have been able to play with such grace and magic...

www.blackcrowes.com

27th March 2007 05:06 PM
Throwaway

maybe him?

None of these youngsters have the guitar skill/pretty boy features combo that MT had, however.
27th March 2007 05:17 PM
Saint Sway him...

DEFINATELY him...

maybe even him..
27th March 2007 06:00 PM
sammy davis jr. Whoever said MT wasn't the greatest guitarist the Stones have employed? It's pretty goddamn obvious. It's not like you're going out on a limb with your statement Mr. Lawyer.
27th March 2007 07:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
It's not like you're going out on a limb with your statement Mr. Lawyer.

He goes out on a limb every single day.
27th March 2007 08:34 PM
LadyJane Excellent photos, gyps.

What a great way to welcome back our friend, jb!!!

Joshy you HAVE been missed.

LJ.
27th March 2007 09:01 PM
tumbled Spring ...a time of renewal and rebirth when old u.s. attorneys are plowed under to fertilize a new crop of u.s. attorneys ....

tina says thank you jb for honoring us with your presence on the boredz

[Edited by tumbled]
28th March 2007 01:57 AM
TampabayStone Great pics G!! Don't think I have seen them..
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)