ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hard Woman Video Return to archive
27th March 2007 03:12 PM
The Wick *(Thanks guys. No need for this link then)

I know people have posted this before but I don't give a toss what people say, I loved this song when it came out (the album version and this version) and I loved and love the video. Oh the memories.... For the time, it was pretty amazing and apart from some of the 80's tackiness is still a pretty great video that stands the test of time. That album had some great songs ruined by shite production. The way Jagger gives it a different melodic feel is just magic.

Someone with better technological skills might want to put it in the proper youtube form.
[Edited by The Wick]
27th March 2007 03:13 PM
glencar He certainly sang it nicely but it was a mediocre song.
27th March 2007 03:14 PM
glencar
27th March 2007 03:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Someone with better technological skills might want to put it in the proper youtube form.

all you need to do is copy and paste the link where it says "embed".

here ya go :

27th March 2007 03:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

grrr
27th March 2007 03:16 PM
jb That was" hard" to watch and listen to...
[Edited by jb]
27th March 2007 03:17 PM
glencar LOL
27th March 2007 05:09 PM
Throwaway I never understand how people can say this album was better than Primitive Cool. Call Shes the Boss and Primitive Cool crap all you want, but at least PC had above average songs (Kow Tow, Party Doll). STB had Hard Woman and Sucky in Love.
27th March 2007 05:19 PM
Saint Sway I know theres at least two or three videos that Mick has done that are possibly gheyer than this one, but lets all pretend they dont exist and not post them here anymore

TIA
27th March 2007 05:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I never understand how people can say this album was better than Primitive Cool.

The expression "damned with faint praise" spings to mind...
27th March 2007 05:22 PM
Throwaway I'm trusting Gazza to delete anything containing even a fraction of the gayness of the video for "Just Another Night" . And who am I kidding, the MJ 80's output competition ain't exactly Blonde on Blonde vs Highway 61 Revisited..
[Edited by Throwaway]
27th March 2007 05:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The expression "damned with faint praise" spings to mind...

LOL I like Mick's solo stuff & even I admit that each is only half-good.
27th March 2007 05:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I like Mick's solo stuff & even I admit that each is only half-good.

The expression "a bigger bang" spings to mind...
27th March 2007 06:16 PM
The Wick
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I never understand how people can say this album was better than Primitive Cool. Call Shes the Boss and Primitive Cool crap all you want, but at least PC had above average songs (Kow Tow, Party Doll). STB had Hard Woman and Sucky in Love.

I didn't think too many would like this, but I'd take anything on She's the Boss to: Let's Work (maybe the worst video of all time), Radio Control, Shoot Off Your Mouth, Peace for the Wicked, and the worst Jagger song of all time, War Baby. There was stuff like Kow Tow and Party Doll that I love and one or two others, but the rest was just unbearable shite. A lot of these songs were destroyed by the production and some lame lyrics.
27th March 2007 08:41 PM
Bitch Thanks, I enjoyed it. Love the song, and this version has a slightly different arrangement from the album.

Hard woman, tough lady, how can I say goodbye to my baby? So long honey!
27th March 2007 08:50 PM
CraigP This is like a baaaaadddd trip.
WTF happened to Jagger?
He wen't from wearing a ripped "Destroy" shirt in '78 screaming "LIES!"...to this shit in, what? 6 years or so?
27th March 2007 09:15 PM
pdog Sucky video and suckier song...
27th March 2007 09:31 PM
Soldatti I like the album version, the video blows.
28th March 2007 07:35 AM
glencar
quote:
The Wick wrote:

I didn't think too many would like this, but I'd take anything on She's the Boss to: Let's Work (maybe the worst video of all time), Radio Control, Shoot Off Your Mouth, Peace for the Wicked, and the worst Jagger song of all time, War Baby. There was stuff like Kow Tow and Party Doll that I love and one or two others, but the rest was just unbearable shite. A lot of these songs were destroyed by the production and some lame lyrics.

I don't like the other 4 songs you specifically mentioned but War Baby is a pretty nice tune. Not his best, by any means but I'm surprised at the hatred it seems to have inspired.
28th March 2007 08:57 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

The expression "a bigger bang" spings to mind...

Are you now conceding that ABB is at least half-good?
28th March 2007 03:25 PM
jb
quote:
CraigP wrote:
This is like a baaaaadddd trip.
WTF happened to Jagger?
He wen't from wearing a ripped "Destroy" shirt in '78 screaming "LIES!"...to this shit in, what? 6 years or so?

Brilliant post!!!!-end of Stones as we knew them!!!
28th March 2007 05:17 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:
Sucky video and suckier song...

please smoke a marlboro light 100 menthol
29th March 2007 08:14 AM
corgi37 Shameless rip-off of Dire Straits "Money for nothing". Exact 100% proof that Mick/Stones became followers instead of innovators.
29th March 2007 08:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Brilliant post!!!!-end of Stones as we knew them!!!

what - with ripped t-shirts? you mean pretending they were punks?
29th March 2007 08:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:

I have this album on vinyl, so I havent heard it in some time.

Lets Work is vile, and the video the most embarrassing thing Jagger has ever put his name to. Aside from his Top of the Pops appearance promoting it, which I've ranted on about before ad nauseam.

Radio Control is a song I always thought they could have made a funny animated video out of. Like 'War Baby', its aged badly.

Peace for the Wicked and the title track are just plain awful. Throwaway is decent enough.

Then there are the 3 songs written primarily about Keith. Kow Tow is OK, but Shoot off your mouth is embarrassing. (if you want a good diatribe at your fellow Glimmer Twin, Mick, listen to Keith's "You dont move me").

The more affectionate and reflective (if premature as it turns out) farewell to their relationship that is 'Party Doll' however, is a simply gorgeously poignant song.

29th March 2007 09:23 AM
FotiniD I'm very glad the Shoot Off your Mouth / You Don't Move Me days are over and done with. Some harsh and nasty stuff there! I'm sure JB may argue the Glimmers' relationship is long gone but I do believe things are way better between them now than they were in the eighties...
[Edited by FotiniD]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)