ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Swiss offered chance to shop for Stones concert Return to archive
25th March 2007 07:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Swiss offered chance to shop for Stones concert
Published: Friday March 23, 2007
The Raw Story/ AFP

Forty thousand customers of one of Switzerland's top supermarket chains, Migros, are being offered tickets for an exclusive Rolling Stones concert, provided they go on a shopping spree.

Migros, which traditionally does not sell alcohol or cigarettes, announced Friday that it was organising the legendary rock group's only concert in Switzerland this year during its world tour, on August 11.

The 40,000 places in the stadium in Lausanne will be reserved for holders of the supermarket chain's customer card who have a minimum of 6,000 points, equivalent to 60 Swiss francs (37 euros, 49 dollars) of shopping.

Some 30,000 tickets will be distributed by lottery, while the rest will be distributed in promotional events.

The special Rolling Stones concert is meant to mark the 10th anniversary of Migros's customer card.
25th March 2007 07:24 AM
glencar We've descended into the depths of tackiness. I'm sure this wasn't the Stones' idea but I wonder if they had to approve it?
25th March 2007 09:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm sure this wasn't the Stones' idea but I wonder if they had to approve it?

Well, if its the only show in the country I'm sure they're aware. I would expect, that how Stones Inc. works, the boys would have to approve it. At this stage of the game this is just par for the course, no big deal really. As long as the boys play and get paid....
25th March 2007 09:33 AM
fireontheplatter if there is one euro show i would like to go to it would be this one. i think i may have said portugol/spain before,but i changed my mind. i would so love to sit and stare at the matterhorn and drink wine and eat their chocolate. then go see the stones
yes, that sounds like a good day to me.
25th March 2007 09:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Well, if its the only show in the country I'm sure they're aware. I would expect, that how Stones Inc. works, the boys would have to approve it. At this stage of the game this is just par for the course, no big deal really. As long as the boys play and get paid....

Well maybe a big deal to the Swiss Stones fans, but I guess they'll have to just get their Migros cards.
25th March 2007 06:20 PM
mrhipfl I am so disappointed in my country....

COOP is way better than Migros anyways.
25th March 2007 06:55 PM
mojoman
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
if there is one euro show i would like to go to it would be this one. i think i may have said portugol/spain before,but i changed my mind. i would so love to sit and stare at the matterhorn and drink wine and eat their chocolate. then go see the stones
yes, that sounds like a good day to me.

you cant see the matterhorn from lausanne unless you are really high!!
25th March 2007 07:18 PM
LadyJane This is indeed a new low.
What until jb weighs in on this.

LJ.
25th March 2007 08:33 PM
parmeda This has Cohl written all over it...
25th March 2007 08:39 PM
glencar I find it hard to eblieve that Mick & Co. even know about this. These shows are organized in conjunction with local promoters & that's probably who thought up this gem.
25th March 2007 10:00 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
mojoman wrote:

you cant see the matterhorn from lausanne unless you are really high!!

That's why he's taking the train to Zermatt before the show!
25th March 2007 10:07 PM
mojoman i prefer the wetterhorn....
26th March 2007 04:58 PM
gimmekeef I went online and set up an account.Spent enough to qualify...but shipping to the USA is $6,459.....
26th March 2007 05:00 PM
Saint Sway THIS IS OUTRAGOUS!!!

are you telling me they really dont sell alcohol or cigarettes??

fuck that
26th March 2007 05:00 PM
pdog Stones Inc. has hit the bottom, bounced, grabbed a shovel and began to dig deeper....
26th March 2007 05:03 PM
gimmekeef So far "The Piggly Wiggly" are not matching this offer.
26th March 2007 05:05 PM
pdog Newspapaers around Europe are getting ready to report about the tour.
"The Last Time?"

26th March 2007 05:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
So far "The Piggly Wiggly" are not matching this offer.

Excellent posting!!

I've got my eye on you
27th March 2007 03:24 PM
glencar That's a fucking great Southern grocery! I don't care who knows that I've shopped there!
27th March 2007 05:49 PM
Saint Sway fyi...
I just received this email at work....

Kevin Sorbo Available for Corporate Events

“Bring your corporate event to a new level with actor Kevin Sorbo . . . An avid golfer, Kevin will bring excitement to your golf events.”
28th March 2007 07:39 AM
glencar You should hire him!
28th March 2007 03:47 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
fyi...
I just received this email at work....

Kevin Sorbo Available for Corporate Events

“Bring your corporate event to a new level with actor Kevin Sorbo . . . An avid golfer, Kevin will bring excitement to your golf events.”

Never thought I'd hear the words...golf and excitement...in same sentence..I'd rather watch paint dry than golf anyday....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)