ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If you hate the Stones, think they stink, or think they haven't made a good album in two decades... Return to archive
23rd March 2007 10:59 PM
Steel Wheels ...just remember this: the Stones will write your epitaph.

Tonight I'm going to listen to Exile, A Bigger Bang, and Emotional Rescue, with a little Voodoo Lounge thrown in. I spent today dreaming about going home, getting some good booze, and playing A Bigger Bang.

I really do love this band. They make me happy and they make me smile and dance and sing and they introduce me to wonderful friends like all the beautiful women of RocksOff I met in AC.

Peace to all.
23rd March 2007 11:03 PM
gimmekeef Start You Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd March 2007 11:05 PM
ShaneJazz That's as good a post as I have seen on here in ages. Same with me- I just want to sit down and play Goat's Head Soup, Some Girls, Let it Bleed and Sticky Fingers and let every concern that I have in the world just slip away one by one for those 4 hours or so. Or I'll play the Four Flicks Paris show and have the same effect.
23rd March 2007 11:13 PM
ExileInLA damn...you old saps never get tired of this shit do you?

i love the stones, but listening to those old records sometimes gets me pissed that they have been doing this thing for almost 20 years while mailing it in and not giving a shit. can you believe that?

Hey there Europe - Rolling Stones Inc. - coming to a city near you in 2007!
[Edited by ExileInLA]
23rd March 2007 11:16 PM
pdog I love internet.
23rd March 2007 11:36 PM
tumbled I for one LOVE a bigger bang...yes I do. and not ashamed to say so...there's a time for every kind of song and ABB is a brilliant piece of work and so C*r*i*s*p*
23rd March 2007 11:45 PM
LadyJane
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
damn...you old saps never get tired of this shit do you?

Um....
No..we don't.

Why be negative? Have they aged? Yes.

Am I happy they are still playing live? Fuck yeah.

Steel Wheels...such an enthusiastic fan!

check PM my friend.

LJ.
24th March 2007 01:28 AM
Steel Wheels I love you, Lady Jane! PM checked. I'm on it.

Just got done with the Winos DVD, a half hour of Let's Spend the Night Together on mint condition VHS, some of the B2B DVD, and select cuts off of A Bigger Bang and Rarities.

Isn't it great that we have such a selection of live and studio recordings for every taste? Tonight was like a roller coaster!
24th March 2007 02:54 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
...just remember this: the Stones will write your epitaph.

Tonight I'm going to listen to Exile, A Bigger Bang, and Emotional Rescue, with a little Voodoo Lounge thrown in. I spent today dreaming about going home, getting some good booze, and playing A Bigger Bang.

I really do love this band. They make me happy and they make me smile and dance and sing and they introduce me to wonderful friends like all the beautiful women of RocksOff I met in AC.

Peace to all.

The boy is testifyin'!
Amen, my brother!
24th March 2007 10:05 AM
fireontheplatter i don't listen to the stones 24/7, but when i do...i do.

they have been good to me over the years...some of there songs have really helped me thru some trying times.

i wish them well for the euro tour....

as keith said before one tour....cast off.
24th March 2007 12:12 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
damn...you old saps never get tired of this shit do you?

by ExileInLA]

Sorry that I've aged pal..shit happens..been lovin this band since 1963 and will till I die.You young negative johhny come lately fans can kiss my ass!
24th March 2007 12:23 PM
BILL PERKS A BIGGER BANG ROCKS!!!!
AS DID DIRTY WORK
24th March 2007 02:15 PM
glencar Such sturm und drang!!!! I love the Stones & I certainly don't think anything's been mailed in. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steel Wheels, I echo what the ladies said...
26th March 2007 10:30 PM
whippet33 i'm still amazed at this site. i can't believe there are other people like myself for whom the stones never get old and tumblin, beast, and all the popular stuff sounds as good now as went i first heard it.
26th March 2007 11:27 PM
Collinstephens The Stones sound good to me everytime I listen to them. Whether it is old or new, they will always be the best. The Beatles can bow down to the Stones, well the members is left of them for the Rolling Stones will always reign supreme. That is the bottom line, they have always produced greats music, from start until present day. That is what I believe.
27th March 2007 03:22 PM
glencar It's nice to see loyalty. Some will call you "sycophants" but fuck 'em.
27th March 2007 03:24 PM
jb I don't think they have recorded a great album in decades...they have wasted the past 25yrs without one song that we could call a hit...thats the reality.
27th March 2007 03:25 PM
glencar Not true at all. Mixed Emotions in 1989 was Top Ten hit. Their albums are consistently in the Top 5 for the 1st 2 weeks of release.
27th March 2007 03:27 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not true at all. Mixed Emotions in 1989 was Top Ten hit. Their albums are consistently in the Top 5 for the 1st 2 weeks of release.

Mixed Emotions!!! Oy Vey!!! As for albums, they have gone from multi-platinum to less than 517k ABB USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th March 2007 03:28 PM
glencar Their audience is dying off. Or getting busy with "other priorities" (See: Dick Cheney).
27th March 2007 03:29 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Their audience is dying off. Or getting busy with "other priorities" (See: Dick Cheney).

That I agree with...unlike bands like the Beatles, U2, Police, etc, our fan base is really soft these days...maybe too much exposure the last 15 years???
27th March 2007 03:31 PM
glencar I think they're some validity to that. Also, 8 years w/o a new release hurt them badly. Although I love ABB, it's a sin that they couldn't pucker up for something between ABB & BTB.
28th March 2007 08:14 AM
Bitch Yeah whenever I get tired of the old original albums, I throw on a bootleg of a live show to keep it intersting. Also, I've recently started collecting interesting Stones stuff like old 45's and vinyl LP's. There's thousands if not millions of pics to collect, sort and store, theres books and magazines, so getting new Stones material can be a life long never ending persuit of happiness, lol!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)