ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimmy Page to testify against bootlegger Return to archive
19th March 2007 04:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Jimmy Page to testify against bootlegger
The Rock Radio Online
March 19,2007

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has agreed to testify against a bootlegger in an upcoming trial in Scotland. Robert Langley was arrested in Glasgow two years ago with what police claimed was over $50,000 worth of pirated CDs. Among the items seized were live Zeppelin shows that have never been released, including one from Knebworth in England back in August 1979, as well as unreleased material from the Beatles and Bob Dylan, among others. According to the Scottish edition of the U.K. newspaper The Sunday Mail, Page has already been to Glasgow to identify the Zeppelin tapes for investigators from the British Phonographic Institute, and he will testify about how bootlegging has affected him, when the trial is held in Glasgow Sheriff Court. Langley has pled not guilty to copyright violation charges.

During the trial, prosecutors are expected to play songs including "Stairway To Heaven" and "Whole Lotta Love" from the CDs that were seized.

There's no word on when the trial will take place.
19th March 2007 04:29 PM
mojoman well the guys lucky that only page is goin to testify. if peter grant were still around this never would have made it to court!!
19th March 2007 07:35 PM
Nellcote I've got over two dozen shows, could I get Jimmy's autograph?
21st March 2007 05:02 AM
corgi37 What a cheap prick Page is. He'd be better off suing a bootlegger for Moonshine.
26th March 2007 02:55 PM
TALK IS CHEAP
quote:
mojoman wrote:
well the guys lucky that only page is goin to testify. if peter grant were still around this never would have made it to court!!

Very true....seeing the scene in the 'song remains the same' movie where Grant takes on people selling illegal pirate posters at the venue...who'd wanna be on the receiving end of that? One other story concerning Grant's dangerous anger concerns the launch party for swan song records when he discovered that the live swans he'd paid for actually turned out to be geese...'Ya think we don't know the difference between f**king swans and f**king geese? we all live on farms ya c**nts'!!'
He was an honourable man, though...he paid the train fare for all the relatives to be able to attend the funeral of les harvey from stone the crows, younger brother of alex, of course.
26th March 2007 03:02 PM
pdog Peter Grant is a fat fucker...
26th March 2007 03:05 PM
Saint Sway my favorite Peter Grant story comes from Ronnie Wood's book...

according to Ronnie, he was at a party hanging out with Dylan and Grant came over to introduce himself to Bob... Grant stuck out his hand and said "hi, my names Peter Grant and I manage Led Zeppelin." Bob turned and spat "hey man I dont bother you with my problems!"

LOL!
26th March 2007 03:18 PM
gimmekeef Once the judge hears the shitty boots..the case will be thrown out and money refunded due to fraud.....
26th March 2007 05:19 PM
mojoman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Once the judge hears the shitty boots..the case will be thrown out and money refunded due to fraud.....

exactly!!! about 95% of the zep boots out there sound like they were recorded in the mens room....
26th March 2007 05:20 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:

exactly!!! about 95% of the zep boots out there sound like they were recorded in the mens room....

and those are the soudboards.
26th March 2007 05:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Jimmy Page to testify against bootlegger
The Rock Radio Online
March 19,2007

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has agreed to testify against a bootlegger in an upcoming trial in Scotland. Robert Langley was arrested in Glasgow two years ago with what police claimed was over $50,000 worth of pirated CDs. Among the items seized were live Zeppelin shows that have never been released, including one from Knebworth in England back in August 1979, as well as unreleased material from the Beatles and Bob Dylan, among others. According to the Scottish edition of the U.K. newspaper The Sunday Mail, Page has already been to Glasgow to identify the Zeppelin tapes for investigators from the British Phonographic Institute, and he will testify about how bootlegging has affected him, when the trial is held in Glasgow Sheriff Court. Langley has pled not guilty to copyright violation charges.

During the trial, prosecutors are expected to play songs including "Stairway To Heaven" and "Whole Lotta Love" from the CDs that were seized.

There's no word on when the trial will take place.

this is beyond ridiculous. Do they really need to drag Jimmy Page into court to testify that the guy was selling illegal tapes???

and I thought the courts in the States were back up with wasteful cases...
26th March 2007 07:45 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

this is beyond ridiculous. Do they really need to drag Jimmy Page into court to testify that the guy was selling illegal tapes???

and I thought the courts in the States were back up with wasteful cases...

maybe it would inspire him to release some more stuff from the vaults when he realized how much people pay for the shiite thats out there...
27th March 2007 06:58 AM
Mathijs >
and he will testify about how bootlegging has affected him
>

Yes indeed. Instead of earning the $800 million he is worth now, he could have earned $810 million if it wasn't for the bootlegs.

Mathijs
27th March 2007 06:19 PM
sammy davis jr. Peter Grant WAS a fat fuck....hopefully he died a slow miserable death for all the bullshit he pulled.
29th March 2007 08:18 AM
corgi37 Well, Metallica have REALLY kicked on since they took on Napster.

What next? A Britney duet?

Ok, sure, missing on royalties. Yeah, i can dig it. Hard to fucking defend when you are worth zillions and you are stopping some pimply fucker trying to dig ya music (who if he likes you, will buy the cd anyway).

I mean - why not charge everyone a tax for listening to the radio?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)