ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Korn Return to archive
28th March 2006 09:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels This band played Maine last weekend. All the kids including one of my nephews went to see them are apeshit over this group....I always thought they were a bunch of nuts. But I don't know shit about them now suddenly all I'm hearing about is how great they are.
28th March 2006 09:23 AM
Break The Spell I'm a huge metal fan, but I can't stand Korn, for me they ruined the whole genre about 10 years back. Metal was once about great riffs and solos, but Korn took all that away, its the same couple of notes in every song and retarded lyrics about being angry at mommy and daddy. Also, every song is the same tempo, it gets pretty monotonous.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
28th March 2006 09:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I'm a huge metal fan, but I can't stand Korn, for me they ruined the whole genre about 10 years back. Metal was once about great riffs and solos, but Korn took all that away, its the same couple of notes in every song and retarded lyrics about being angry at mommy and daddy. Also, every song is the same tempo, it gets pretty monotonous.

Well, for some reason I suspected something along these lines might be the case. But like I said I don't enough about them to make a real judgment. I guess I'm just out of touch with the youth of America. Well I have been for some time I guess LOL.
28th March 2006 09:36 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, for some reason I suspected something along these lines might be the case. But like I said I don't enough about them to make a real judgment. I guess I'm just out of touch with the youth of America. Well I have been for some time I guess LOL.

I was 18 when they got big about 10 years back so I had to hear about them on a non-stop basis for a while. That whole "nu-metal" scene is pretty much dead now, it had its peak from 1998-2002. Korn weren't the worst band from that genre, that dishonor goes to Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Kid Rock.
28th March 2006 09:38 AM
nanatod Korn just keeps getting bigger and bigger every year. One good thing about their success, as far as this board is concerned, is that there is probably no crossover at all between kids who like Korn and U2 fans.
28th March 2006 09:40 AM
bob kidrock ritchie
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I was 18 when they got big about 10 years back so I had to hear about them on a non-stop basis for a while. That whole "nu-metal" scene is pretty much dead now, it had its peak from 1998-2002. Korn weren't the worst band from that genre, that dishonor goes to Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Kid Rock.

I'm not nu-metal, Break the Spell. I'm hip-hop crossed with southern rock.
28th March 2006 09:42 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
bob kidrock ritchie wrote:

I'm not nu-metal, Break the Spell. I'm hip-hop crossed with southern rock.

I put you on the list just to get a response Bob.
28th March 2006 09:45 AM
nanatod Bob might be right, Break. I view Korn as predecessors to Linkin Park, who they toured with a year and a half ago, although Linkin Park headlined.

That tour was just a hodgepodge of music, as it also included The Used, Ghostface Killah from Wu-Tang, Z-Trip, and Snoop Dogg. I had to play designated driver for a friend who is way to old to be liking those bands, but we had pretty good seats at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. And, as we were leaving and walking to our car, we were talking to a young woman who remained shirtless for the entire walk.
[Edited by nanatod]
28th March 2006 09:46 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Actually, I do like Korn's version of Cameo's Word Up.
28th March 2006 09:47 AM
bob kidrock ritchie
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I put you on the list just to get a response Bob.

Dude, I used to open for Metallica. Korn can't say that.

Oops, they can.
28th March 2006 09:56 AM
Jumacfly
quote:

Oops, they can.

Hi Ritchie!!
nice to see you there.

I like this song, "twisted transistor", i don t know the rest.I m a fan of RATM, the rest...uhh!!!
28th March 2006 09:59 AM
Candace Youngblood I hate Korn. Nontheless, I attended one of their concerts a few years back and got a black eye in the mosh pit.

The back of a guy's head collided with my cheekbone, cracking it, and giving me a nice shiner.

I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I was there to see the opening band, Disturbed. I don't really listen to them anymore, but I loved them when they put that first album out.

P.S. System of a Down is the only band that is thrown into that genre that I ADORE. Although I think that they deserve to be in their own genre. Political-gypsy-metal. Or something like that.
28th March 2006 10:01 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
I hate Korn. Nontheless, I attended one of their concerts a few years back and got a black eye in the mosh pit.

The back of a guy's head collided with my cheekbone, cracking it, and giving me a nice shiner.

I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I was there to see the opening band, Disturbed. I don't really listen to them anymore, but I loved them when they put that first album out.

P.S. System of a Down is the only band that is thrown into that genre that I ADORE. Although I think that they deserve to be in their own genre. Political-gypsy-metal. Or something like that.

the last SOAD single is cool too!!
28th March 2006 10:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I've never trusted bands that depend on costumes and theatrics. But I have been proven wrong on that point occasionally.
28th March 2006 10:10 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
I've never trusted bands that depend on costumes and theatrics. But I have been proven wrong on that point occasionally.

WHAM??
28th March 2006 10:48 AM
nanatod
quote:
I've never trusted bands that depend on costumes and theatrics. But I have been proven wrong on that point occasionally.

What about Their Satanic Majesties Request?
28th March 2006 10:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nanatod wrote:
What about Their Satanic Majesties Request?

That was just a one-off for an album cover. They didn't try to create an image around it.
28th March 2006 10:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:

That was just a one-off for an album cover. They didn't try to create an image around it.

unlike the beatles!
28th March 2006 10:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
28th March 2006 10:56 AM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

the last SOAD single is cool too!!

Which one is that? Hypnotize? Or has their been another single released?

P.S. I also ~LOVE~ RATM. Too bad Morello had to go an get involved in a crappy alternative pop band. I liked them for a while but it was because I had Morello-withdrawal. He's one of my favorite guitarists. You can just hear the Iommi influence, but he makes it his own. He's very inovative.
28th March 2006 10:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
unlike the beatles!

The Beatles didn't try to create an image out of a particular set of costumes and theatrics either. None of the Greats have to.
28th March 2006 11:20 AM
Break The Spell
quote:

Oops, they can.

Korn did a horrible version of "One" by Metallica, they didn't even attempt the solo, there's no way they could pull it off. As far as System Of A Down goes, their really good, better lyrics than most nu-metal bands, they play many different tempos, and a good live show.
28th March 2006 11:37 AM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
As far as System Of A Down goes, their really good, better lyrics than most nu-metal bands, they play many different tempos, and a good live show.

I'm not sure if I agree that their lyrics are that great. It's the message that I like. The lyrics are very repetitive and I actually hate some of Daron's lyrics like "the most lonliest day" GAG!! But their message is one that cannot really be matched in current music (within that genre I mean). And the Armenian influence in their music makes it different and special.

Not that you said that their lyrics were great, but you said they are better than others...and you ARE right about that I guess. Some of the lyrics I hear (like in Limp Biscuit songs, for example) are TERRIBLE!!

But I unfortunately think that they are losing their edge. It's Daron's fault. Let Serj take the lead again!

Anyway, back to dissing Korn. They suck ass.
[Edited by Candace Youngblood]
28th March 2006 11:44 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:

I'm not sure if I agree that their lyrics are that great. It's the message that I like. The lyrics are very repetitive and I actually hate some of Daron's lyrics like "the most lonliest day" GAG!! But their message is one that cannot really be matched in current music (within that genre I mean). And the Armenian influence in their music makes it different and special.

Not that you said that their lyrics were great, but you said they are better than others...and you ARE right about that I guess. Some of the lyrics I hear (like in Limp Biscuit songs, for example) are TERRIBLE!!

But I unfortunately think that they are losing their edge. It's Daron's fault. Let Serj take the lead again!

Anyway, back to dissing Korn. They suck ass.
[Edited by Candace Youngblood]

Yes, what I was saying about SOAD is that their lyrics are better than other nu-metal bands, they beat Bizkit's lyrics like "Keep rollin' rollin' rollin'" or any Korn song where they continually bitch about not liking their parents. I also love the Armenian influence in their music, the melodic parts after the thrashings are a nice touch. I agree Serj should do the all of the singing, he's much better than Daron.
28th March 2006 02:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, that's all I need to know. My bother has failed with his child rearing. Looks like I'll have to step in and correct the situation.
28th March 2006 02:41 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Well, that's all I need to know. My bother has failed with his child rearing. Looks like I'll have to step in and correct the situation.

Perhaps its not the music they like, some of my friends don't like Korn but they go to their shows any way. To them, Korn is just background noise to mosh and crowd surf to.
28th March 2006 04:42 PM
The Eggman Did someone say NU METAL?

28th March 2006 04:51 PM
Joey " Did someone say NU METAL? "

Hi Eggy .......

Good Postin '

29th March 2006 12:50 AM
The Eggman Thx budddy!

HAAAAA-WIIINK!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)