ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Member Return to archive
27th March 2006 12:30 AM
Spru Hello, I'm a new member here. I've been coming to the message board for a few months now to get info on the current tour, album, etc. I've been a Stones fan most of my life because my parents are fans, but I really became a huge fan about 4 years or so ago. I've seen them only twice, in Toronto at SARS Fest in '03 and at PNC Park last fall. I've read some of the posts here and must admit I'm a U2 fan, I'm definitely an optimist in looking at the Stones currently, and I also love Pearl Jam. That being said, I'm glad to join and get started posting.
27th March 2006 12:47 AM
Highwire Rob Hi Spru! Good to meet you.

I'm a Pittsburgh native -- wasn't that PNC Park Pearl Jam opener and duet with Mick a real treat?!

27th March 2006 04:01 AM
Angiegirl Welcome.

U2 are far better than The Stones, just so you know. Bono (aka The Twat) is very much loved by us all. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Enjoy your stay!
27th March 2006 06:48 AM
Break The Spell Greetings!!
Welcome to Rocks Off and hope you enjoy your stay.
27th March 2006 06:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
Spru wrote:
Hello, I'm a new member here. I've been coming to the message board for a few months now to get info on the current tour, album, etc. I've been a Stones fan most of my life because my parents are fans, but I really became a huge fan about 4 years or so ago. I've seen them only twice, in Toronto at SARS Fest in '03 and at PNC Park last fall. I've read some of the posts here and must admit I'm a U2 fan, I'm definitely an optimist in looking at the Stones currently, and I also love Pearl Jam. That being said, I'm glad to join and get started posting.

Good on ya for taking the plunge. Dont be shy!
27th March 2006 09:05 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hi Spru.

Admitting your fondness for U2 takes guts...especially on this board. I admire that.

Doesn't mean that I won't make fun of ya for it though! Just know that it's not personal, OK? I'm sure you're a swell person, obviously, or you wouldn't be here.

That being said....

U2. Dude.

Say it with me....

Bono is a twat!!!

Sir Stonesalot salutes Bono:

27th March 2006 03:01 PM
Spru Thanks everyone for the kind greetings. I have no doubt about the integrity of this board and it's members. Highwire Rob, the Pittsburgh show was excellent. Pearl Jam left my friends and I wanting so much more - they were awesome. And the duet w/ Eddie on Wild Horses was truly a rare, once-in-a-lifetime moment that we were extremely fortunate to witness live. As far as U2 goes, thanks for the support, and I won't take any of the U2 bashing too hard. I appreciate a good joke.
27th March 2006 03:02 PM
Joey

Hello Spru .....................

JJJJJJJJJACKY !
27th March 2006 03:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Spru wrote:
Hello, I'm a new member here. I've been coming to the message board for a few months now to get info on the current tour, album, etc. I've been a Stones fan most of my life because my parents are fans, but I really became a huge fan about 4 years or so ago. I've seen them only twice, in Toronto at SARS Fest in '03 and at PNC Park last fall. I've read some of the posts here and must admit I'm a U2 fan, I'm definitely an optimist in looking at the Stones currently, and I also love Pearl Jam. That being said, I'm glad to join and get started posting.

I despise U2 (and U2 tribute bands), but I am a big time Pearl Jam fan! I bought tickets to a few shows on teh first leg via Ten Club already. I was unable to attend the PNC Park show due to business commitments. Welcome to the board! Please understand that Jb and I are big Pearl Jam fans but were humiliated by the poor ticket sales to the general public and the amount of "wide open" shows!
27th March 2006 03:16 PM
lotsajizz Pearl Jam rocks...and always has...I will see their Boston shows this May
27th March 2006 03:18 PM
Spru Voodoopug, I second that. The poor tickets sales are a bummer. It's sad that more people won't go see Pearl Jam, as I feel they are the top performing band out there right now. Anyone who plays 25-30 songs a night in their fashion is truly remarkable. Hopefully the new album and tour can give them a boost; I've heard favorable reviews on "World Wide Suicide" and like it personally.
27th March 2006 03:22 PM
nanatod "World Wide Suicide" is getting a lot of airplay at classic rock stations, alternative rock stations and hard rock stations. It sounds a little more uptempo than some of Pearl Jam songs in the stations' rotation.
27th March 2006 03:24 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"World Wide Suicide" is getting a lot of airplay at classic rock stations, alternative rock stations and hard rock stations. It sounds a little more uptempo than some of Pearl Jam songs in the stations' rotation.

Its kind of reminiscent of "Do The Evolution" from what I heard, the classic rock station here played it once a week ago but never played it again. I did like it, hopefully the whole album is of the same quality.
27th March 2006 03:28 PM
voodoopug I also like WWS quite a bit, sounds like a cross between Do The Evolution and Evacuation to me. I am anxious to see the new tunes live.

I mentioned on the Pearl Jam message pit of the poor sales and was viciously attacked (in a bit of humor, jb was attacked as well and he has never been to that site!)
27th March 2006 03:39 PM
jb Fuck U2....they suck and should not even be mentioned in the same breath as the Stones.
[Edited by jb]
27th March 2006 06:51 PM
Soldatti Welcome Spru, have fun.
27th March 2006 08:29 PM
stoned_in_dc i detect a detroit cobras sticker on that guitar!

life love and leaving is a really great album

i managed to get them all to autograph my lp here at iota's about two years ago now..

27th March 2006 09:22 PM
Madafaka Welcome and have fun!

What a beatiful guitar belt, SS!
27th March 2006 10:07 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Spru wrote:
I've read some of the posts here and must admit I'm a U2 fan

YOU ARE VERY MUCH LOVED BY THE BONO.
27th March 2006 11:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot Dear stoned-in-dc,

You have very keen eyes. Life, Love @ Leaving is a fine record....but my fave is still Mink, Rabbit or Rat. I've seen the Cobras a few times now...the last show was a trainwreck. I'll probably give their live gigs a skip from here on out...but who knows? I fall in love with Rachel every time I hear he sing.

I don't mean to play one up on ya, but I think you'll find this funny. I have an odd bit of Cobras memorabilia....I have a tube of Rachel Nagy's lipstick. I also have a setlist that she wadded up and bounced off of Steve Nawara's head.

Here's a pic that I took the last time I saw them...

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
27th March 2006 11:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hi Spru, seems that you already had a Rocks Off style welcome, this is the clinic, the fun house
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)