ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: la forum torrent Return to archive
26th March 2006 04:05 PM
prodigalson i found it on the tracker , but its not downloading...
26th March 2006 04:26 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
prodigalson wrote:
i found it on the tracker , but its not downloading...

Don't bother. It's all MP3 anyway...
26th March 2006 04:34 PM
pdog It's on Dime...
26th March 2006 05:24 PM
GotToRollMe And now it's on RO too:

http://rollingstones.kicks-ass.org:6969/details.tmpl?torrent_info_hash=36DD0766CA7B201F116D9F175FDD191C09F5F7D3
26th March 2006 06:01 PM
prodigalson what do you mean its mp3 anyway? whats wrong with mp3? less quality or somethin? its not even going at all.
27th March 2006 06:11 AM
Slavegirl Whoa I just got introduced to that torrent tracker thingy and I'm confused. What the hell is it supposed to do? Excuse my ignorance.
27th March 2006 09:09 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
prodigalson wrote:
what do you mean its mp3 anyway? whats wrong with mp3? less quality or somethin? its not even going at all.

MP3 files aren't allowed on the tracker because they're "lossy" format - there's a loss in quality when files are converted to MP3.

The LA Forum torrent with the MP3s is off the tracker now, replaced with one made up of FLAC ("lossless") files. It should be working now.
27th March 2006 09:34 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
Whoa I just got introduced to that torrent tracker thingy and I'm confused. What the hell is it supposed to do? Excuse my ignorance.

The RO tracker enables users to download music and video by the Rolling Stones that aren't "officially released" - for example, a live show taped by an audience member.

Everyone finds bit torrents confusing at first, so you're not alone there. Here are a couple of links that I found invaluable when I first started using it:

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/bittorrent/f/bttracker.htm
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/bittorrent/index.htm?terms=bit+torrent

Happy torrenting, Slavegirl!
27th March 2006 09:55 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

MP3 files aren't allowed on the tracker because they're "lossy" format - there's a loss in quality when files are converted to MP3.

The LA Forum torrent with the MP3s is off the tracker now, replaced with one made up of FLAC ("lossless") files. It should be working now.

I hate FLAC files. They're too damn big and I have to convert them into MP3s anyway...
27th March 2006 01:13 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I hate FLAC files. They're too damn big and I have to convert them into MP3s anyway...

Mel..if you burn with NERO etc they work fine and you get the benefit of the "lossless" quality.I have really noticed a difference..Just need to watch the harddrive space...
27th March 2006 02:54 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I usually burn the FLACs to disc so I have a copy of the show in high quality; then if I want to keep it on the computer for any reason I convert them to MP3 simply because I don't have the hard drive space for all those FLACs.
[Edited by GotToRollMe]
27th March 2006 11:34 PM
prodigalson ok i got it.thanks for the help im finnaly getting hold of the tracker and torrents now.they were tricky in the beginning. -dom
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)