ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Corgi - Sydney travel Return to archive
25th March 2006 11:52 PM
Daethgod saw this post on rs.com

"Sydney meet up - You can catch the Parramatta Rivercat from Darling Harbour King Street Wharf 3 - takes about 40 minutes to Sydney Olympic Park but there aren't many of these ones running. Best bet is to catch it from Circular Quay as they run more frequently. "

25th March 2006 11:54 PM
Daethgod http://www.sydneyferries.nsw.gov.au/

dunno if i will make it, i hoit Sydney 4.30, then gotta check in hotel and get to ferry terminal by 5.30 !

http://www.sydneyferries.nsw.gov.au/timetables/parramattariver.php

[Edited by Daethgod]
25th March 2006 11:56 PM
exile sweet
26th March 2006 12:10 AM
Daethgod found this

i get into Syd 4.35
check into hotel near airport ...
then :

http://tinyurl.com/z2jn6

or by rail :

http://tinyurl.com/r3p49

[Edited by Daethgod]
26th March 2006 04:51 AM
corgi37 Also, it will be peak hour. So the ferries will be packed. But, dont think many are going to Homebush at that time. Mostly, they'll be coming back. Wife rang the ferry chick on Wednesday. Reckons they "might" have extra on. My thinking is they'll have later ones. But, normally, ferries finish around 7pm.

Coming back will have to be train or if we are lucky, extra buses. But, personally, i think i will be floating back - i'll be on such a high.
26th March 2006 05:45 AM
Daethgod yer me too

maybe Keith and Ronnie can let us scab a lift in their Tarago.
26th March 2006 06:28 AM
corgi37 Now wouldnt that be a trip and a half!

Just checked ticketek. Best seats available are A3. They are the section on the far right behind us. Not bad really, but as we know, not as good as us.

We eat cake, they can have the bread!
26th March 2006 06:57 AM
Daethgod i can see A2 K 8-7

i wonder how far back the new tix on sale are, may be limited view a bit too,looks like they are on the wing a bit ..
not like us ringside 'in da pit' mo-fos

[Edited by Daethgod]
26th March 2006 07:03 AM
Daethgod A2 is wide open, they have must have rejigged the seat plan
26th March 2006 08:28 AM
corgi37 Well, they very often do once final measurements are made, but i have another theory. Its because (fingers crossed) we are getting the U.S. stage instead of the Sth American stage. Site-lines would be different. I was surprised they took the U.S. stage to Japan. It may have been a last minute sort of thing, cause as you know, i rang Dainty and they said the Rio stage.

Not that 250th person from the top would know anything.
26th March 2006 05:34 PM
Daethgod just spoke to touring director at Dainty who said it will be Sth American, same as Rio

26th March 2006 06:43 PM
corgi37 What a bummer. Must be putting the U.S. stage into storage for Europe then.
26th March 2006 08:30 PM
Daethgod still no emails from etix
and NO ticket delivery
today is 15 days from first show
these farkers have 24 hours to get those tickets to us

27th March 2006 02:12 AM
RSRTG And whats the bet Daeth, we dont see our tickets tomorrow!
I have a sneaking suspicion we're about to be plowed about...again.
I hope I'm wrong but why the hell did they say delivery will be 2 weeks prior to the shows when it's obviously not going to happen?
I just hope I have my Sydney and Melbourne tickets by the end of next week.
27th March 2006 03:19 AM
Daethgod i want them in my FREAKING HANDS

this is getting embarassing
dudes on rs.com are going nuts
27th March 2006 05:41 AM
corgi37 This is totally fucked.
27th March 2006 05:37 PM
Daethgod corgi - just got email :

"Our records indicate that you have purchased tickets for this event through the Rolling Stones fan club. You are receiving this e-mail to advise you that your tickets have been mailed on March 26th. These tickets were mailed from our Australia office to the address provided at time of sale.

If you do not receive them within 48 hours of the event?do not reply to this e-mail--please go to WWW.ETIX.COM and click on the HELP|FAQ link to send an e-mail requesting assistance.

Thank you and enjoy the show.

Etix Customer Support"

27th March 2006 05:42 PM
Joey

Corgi is THE KING !!!!!!!!!!

27th March 2006 06:34 PM
Mottrush
Hey Daeth, Did you get an Email for each show? I only got one for the Melbourne show!

Cheers,

Mottrush
27th March 2006 07:05 PM
Daethgod yer just Melb
i hear Sydney tix will be sent a day after Melb

27th March 2006 07:07 PM
Daethgod from rs,com staff :

"eTix received the tickets for Melbourne from the promoter before they did Sydney, so they began sending those out first."

"I talked to eTix at length about the concerns raised here and, based on a Friday conversation, here is some information:
eTix received the tickets from the promoter for the Melbourne show and tickets were being sent out starting then. eTix expected to receive tickets from the promoter for the Sydney show over the weekend and they will likely send out today. Convenience charges found to be inappropriate will not stand. I expect to be updated again today and will let you know any new information.
Hope this helps,
--Staff "

"It has been confirmed that tickets for Sydney have, in fact, been received by eTix.
--Staff"

27th March 2006 07:32 PM
Mottrush
Thanks for all the info Daeth. Seems strange Promoter would have sent out Melbourne tickets first given that the Sydney show is two days earlier.

Do you think there's a chance we may get our convenience fee refunded? Would be great as I have paid more than $200AUD for the "convenience" so far!!

Cheers,

Mottrush
27th March 2006 11:49 PM
RSRTG The more I hear and read about better tickets being available after the presale, the more angrier I'm getting.
On RS.COM someone says ticketek have A5 DIAMOND still available.....I'm in A6 which is bloody annoying since we were logged in before anyone else.....NEVER AGAIN!
28th March 2006 05:19 AM
corgi37 Things should hopefully be different for their farewell tour.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)