ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neil Young thinking about Crazy Horse Return to archive
25th March 2006 12:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Saturday, March 25, 2006
Neil Young thinking about Crazy Horse

It seems certain that Neil Young will tour this summer with David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash. But in terms of recording he's already thinking about his follow-up to last year's Grammy-nominated Prairie Wind. Young said he's leaning in more of an electric direction, probably with his band Crazy Horse: "I'm so into Prairie Wind and Heart Of Gold, and I've been there for a year and we've been doing all this. And now sometimes I wake up and I just hear this massive, you know, distorted, crunching, hideous noise, and it makes me feel like I'm going home to a place that is ready for me when I get there."

Heart Of Gold is a concert documentary filmed by Jonathan Demme last August in Nashville. It's in the midst of a theatrical run and will be released on DVD in June.

Young's last album with Crazy Horse was 2003's Greendale, though the recording did not include guitarist-keyboardist Frank "Pancho" Sampedro. The last full-scale Crazy Horse album was 1997's Year Of The Horse.
The Rock Radio online

25th March 2006 01:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Hypothetical question.

Would Neil have made a great Rolling Stone?
25th March 2006 01:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yes.

Neil is just great, so he woulda made a great Rolling Stone.

Neil also reveres the Stones, so he woulda tried to make it work.

Keith would love playing with Neil.

Neil would love having rock steady Chaz playing behind him.

Oh yeah, Neil woulda been a great Rolling Stone.
25th March 2006 01:56 PM
Riffhard Absolutly agree with you there Essy. Neil would have been a great Stone. Funny that this would come up as I'm listening to Rust Never Sleeps as I type.

Riffy
25th March 2006 02:04 PM
MrPleasant "Welfare Mothers" would fit right in in Dirty Work.
25th March 2006 04:54 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle It's always a good thing when Neil lets The Horse outta the barn...
25th March 2006 05:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
It's always a good thing when Neil lets The Horse outta the barn...

Yep... Neil....is the one of the few artists that still takes himself seriously. That's because he can.
25th March 2006 05:28 PM
Child of the Moon Apparently Neil was almost a member of Ron Wood's New Barbarians. He even came up with the name. Unfortunately Neil had his own things to be doing (didn't he do, like, nothing in '79?), so it never happened. But what a wonderful little combo that would have been.
25th March 2006 06:10 PM
Prodigal Son Good news. Can't wait for the first true Crazy Horse w/Neil album in a decade. As a big Neil fan, I was getting kinda tired of his mostly acoustic direction in the last 10 years. Seems he is a bit too. I remember on Conan he said some weren't fond of his current direction and he added "about 100 people in North America" were upset with it. Time for Neil to crank up the watts and create a rip-roaring grunge garage rock classic again. Though Billy Talbot and Ralph Molina played on Greendale, it was essentially a concept album with only a bit of loudness. He hasn't done the electric thing the traditional Neil way since Mirrorball with Pearl Jam. And Sleeps with Angels remains his last great album for me.
25th March 2006 06:41 PM
sirmoonie Neil Young is one of the greatest rockers of all time. Its incredible, some of the things he has done. I'm a fanatic for life.
25th March 2006 08:32 PM
StickyFishFingers This is fantastic news. NY & Crazy Horse, very cool. I love NY almost as much as I love the Stones.He never ceases to amaze me - the fact that he is still churning out quality albums. Silver & Gold is brilliant - it's got such a Harvest vibe to it.

Has Mr Young been inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame yet?
25th March 2006 08:45 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
StickyFishFingers wrote:
This is fantastic news. NY & Crazy Horse, very cool. I love NY almost as much as I love the Stones.He never ceases to amaze me - the fact that he is still churning out quality albums. Silver & Gold is brilliant - it's got such a Harvest vibe to it.

Has Mr Young been inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame yet?

NO

(or: who cares
25th March 2006 10:05 PM
corgi37 This is the reason i tend to only buy every 2nd Neil Young cd. Great news.
26th March 2006 12:47 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
It's always a good thing when Neil lets The Horse outta the barn...

I love you.
26th March 2006 09:44 PM
Mottrush
Does anyone know when his Archives series will be released? It was supposed to be this year sometime!

Cheers,

Mottrush
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)