ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philip Townsend exibition in London
The photography of Philip Townsend, soon available through Forty Licks Fan Club
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2, COLDPLAY, RADIOHEAD, ARE ALL BETTER Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th March 2006 11:23 AM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
[quote]nanatod wrote:
The Scissor Girls are not the (British?) Scissor Sisters. The Scissor Girls were a three piece from Chicago, led by a Middleastern American female (art student?) named Azita. The free show I saw at the record store/label that used to be at Chicago and Damen Avenues (which label name I can't remember) just kept going on and on and on. They wouldn't stop playing their atonal mush, and in those days, I didn't leave free shows early.
[Edited by nanatod]

No, never heard of David Pajo either. louisville and lexington both have pretty strong local music scenes, so it don't surprise me I might not have heard of a musician that originated from there. Every time I see a band play there, there's always new local bands popping up I never heard of before. That scissor Girls gig sounded painful!!
[Edited by Break The Spell]
[Edited by Break The Spell]

Break, today I finally remembered the name of the record store and label. It was Ajax Records, which was both a label and then also a store. The Mountain Goats were on the label. The store featured the first live acoustic performance that Superchunk ever did, as well as performances by Labradford, and the aforementioned Scissor Girls.
27th March 2006 11:58 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Break, today I finally remembered the name of the record store and label. It was Ajax Records, which was both a label and then also a store. The Mountain Goats were on the label. The store featured the first live acoustic performance that Superchunk ever did, as well as performances by Labradford, and the aforementioned Scissor Girls.

Thanks for the info!! Its funny, earlier when you mentioned Scissor Girls, I thought it was your way of insulting Scissor sisters, as I've heard some do. Never knew there was actually a band called Scissor Girls.
27th March 2006 04:03 PM
speedfreakjive this is all very laughable!!!!
I agree with Paranoid Android on most points,
here are mine;
- u2 have become shite
- Radiohead make me want to be in a band such as The Stooges, who actually rock out!! so thumbs down
- Coldplay, again, they are wimpish, and cannot rock out, at all.
27th March 2006 09:20 PM
Madafaka
quote:
STONESAREOLD wrote:
YOU ALL NEED TO GET A LIFE, AND LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC

You need new ears, sucker!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)